geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

SA Lunar New Year

(1/5) > >>

NoxNoxNox:
SA Lunar New Year

Info:
Based on the Lunar New Year traditional red envelope, this sculpted SA Profile set uses stock colors and will feature brand-new SA Zhuyin sublegends. 
Brought to you by Toki and Nox

Manufacturer: Signature Plastics
ABS Plastic
Profile: SA Scuplted 112343
Stock Colors:  YCF RAC
Color Reference:

GB Dates: TBD

Kits
Proof of Concept kit render (Please note the this is NOT the final kitting -see below-)

We have aligned to 4 kits (shown here on KLE)

Basekit
Novelties
Iso
Numpad

The two novelties not shown in the proof of concept render

Deskmat:

Renders

Sat75

TKL One

J-02

Vendors
NA: Thockeys
UK: Prototypist
Others: TBD

To do list:
Final kitting renders
One more deskpad
Finalize Pricing
More Vendors

Huge thanks to Pwade, OCM, and Aiwanei. 

kylekwong1:
Zhuyin with Simplified Chinese on the novelties?

Thailurr:
Great set made by some great dudes big POGGERS

floweryi:

--- Quote from: kylekwong1 on Sat, 22 January 2022, 05:51:57 ---Zhuyin with Simplified Chinese on the novelties?

--- End quote ---

wait i don’t understand what’s the problem with having zhuyin and the actual characters? like genuinely asking. also it’s traditional

edit: hold on the render says 新年快樂 but the kitting says 春节快乐?? should probably sort that out. not only is it a difference of traditional vs simplified, it also means different things (same festival but different wording) happy new year vs happy spring festival

also since this is a cny themed keycap set, do consider adding 倒福 (character ‘fu’ upside down) as a novelty instead of just 囍. oranges, red packets, lion dance, firecracker, etc also come to mind

kylekwong1:

--- Quote from: floweryi on Sat, 22 January 2022, 10:56:40 ---
--- Quote from: kylekwong1 on Sat, 22 January 2022, 05:51:57 ---Zhuyin with Simplified Chinese on the novelties?

--- End quote ---

wait i don’t understand what’s the problem with having zhuyin and the actual characters? like genuinely asking. also it’s traditional

edit: hold on the render says 新年快樂 but the kitting says 春节快乐?? should probably sort that out. not only is it a difference of traditional vs simplified, it also means different things (same festival but different wording) happy new year vs happy spring festival

also since this is a cny themed keycap set, do consider adding 倒福 (character ‘fu’ upside down) as a novelty instead of just 囍. oranges, red packets, lion dance, firecracker, etc also come to mind

--- End quote ---

春節 is another way of saying CNY/LNY so it wouldn't be the biggest problem if 春節 was used instead of 春节.
However I find Zhuyin sublegend with 春节快乐 offensive to some degree. Zhuyin is mainly used by Taiwanese, who use traditional Chinese character.

I also agree with your idea of 倒福. It is definitely something that should be in a lunar new year themed set

Also, adding Fai Chun to the deskmat seems better than just a plain red mat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version