geekhack Community > Keyboards

cm novatouch

(1/3) > >>

PlayBox:
so i heard about the cooler master novatouch recently. and i know its very rare nowadays. i personally found it for 300€ with 50€ shipping used, its a ridicoulously high price but its rare and stuff. so im askin if anyone here has or found this keyboard anywhere, just to see how hard is it to actually get one or how are your experiences with it

Sup:
It is out of production for years so you won't find it in stores. Mostly you can find them on Mech Market. Price differs per person. I have seen some go for 230-250 Euro + shipping. They aren't really worth it anymore with Deskey sliders unless, you just want a Keyboard that is Topre and MX compatible.

Findecanor:
Yeah, it was introduced in late 2014 and discontinued in mid 2016. It's the rarity that makes the price.

--- Quote from: Sup on Sun, 04 December 2022, 13:29:23 ---They aren't really worth it anymore with Deskey sliders unless, you just want a Keyboard that is Topre and MX compatible.

--- End quote ---
That is, the keyboard has Topre switches but which are compatible with standard keycaps for Cherry MX. You can't put MX switches into it, and you can't use keycaps with "topre mount".

Actually, I would recommend putting some good keycap set on it, as the stock keycaps are quite cheaply made.
Other than that, I found the build quality all right. The 45g Topre switches felt like Topre should.

Sup:

--- Quote from: Findecanor on Sun, 04 December 2022, 15:04:24 ---Yeah, it was introduced in late 2014 and discontinued in mid 2016. It's the rarity that makes the price.

--- Quote from: Sup on Sun, 04 December 2022, 13:29:23 ---They aren't really worth it anymore with Deskey sliders unless, you just want a Keyboard that is Topre and MX compatible.

--- End quote ---
That is, the keyboard has Topre switches but which are compatible with standard keycaps for Cherry MX. You can't put MX switches into it, and you can't use keycaps with "topre mount".

Actually, I would recommend putting some good keycap set on it, as the stock keycaps are quite cheaply made.
Other than that, I found the build quality all right. The 45g Topre switches felt like Topre should.

--- End quote ---

Oh yeah i meant Topre and MX keycap compatibility. With deskey these days I rather use a R1 Realforce with MX keycaps. Like the bottom row more than the normie bottom row.

ArchDill:
When I first joined the hobby in 2016, people were obsessed with these.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version