geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

Unicomp keys for Model M

(1/4) > >>

Atenacius:
CLOSED: Read update below.

I've decided to start a small group buy for ordering keys from Unicomp. I only wanted to order 1 red 'Esc' key from them but they have a minimum order of $10 USD and I was going to order 4 of them but then I saw that the shipping charges were $8.44. I didn't see a point in shelling out almost $20 to get one key. I'm sure there are others who may be in the same predicament so I thought this would be a good idea.

If anyone is interested in getting a few keys from this list provided by Unicomp, please let me know so that I can add it to the order.
This order is for a small number of keys only. This is my first group buy and I don't mind helping people out if they're looking for a few keys to replace. So if you're looking for a big set, might as well order from Unicomp directly.

Here's a pricing list provided by Unicomp (I only ask for an additional 50 cents per every 10 keys for shipping):

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 22628[/ATTACH]

The keys come in these colors:

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 22630[/ATTACH]

IMPORTANT: Please specify what you wanted printed exactly (Esc, ESC). Also, Unicomp only prints black lettering.

I don't really have a time frame for this, it really depends on the replies. Let me know if you're interested.

UPDATE
I have a response from a representative at Unicomp,

--- Quote ---David, in order to give you the least expensive shipping option, I
need to know where we would be shipping to.  If you are within the
continental US, we could ship you 4 buttons for ~$1.50 USD.

Don
--- End quote ---

So it seems that you can just contact them directly and request a cheaper shipping option, making this group buy pointless.

mmmty:
1 Printed Red ESC w/ Black letters
1 Printed Orange ESC  w/ Black letters

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/pckeyboards_2167_132691

Thanks!!

Atenacius:

--- Quote from: mmmty;389044 ---1 Printed Red
1 Pritnted Orange
--- End quote ---

I read your post in the other thread but just to make sure, you want 1 red and 1 orange 'Esc' key, correct?

mmmty:
Yes, ESC keys.

Atenacius:
This is a good point. Everyone should be very specific about what they want printed. So you want ESC, all caps. Also, they seem to only be able to print in black.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version