geekhack Community > Keyboards

hand made palm rests. (and jp

(1/3) > >>

lam47:
Hey.
I have made the first prototype ;) of a wood and leather palm rest for the HH or any keyboard.
The cuts on this one are slightly more basic than the retail one as I wanted to keep it quite simple to try a few things out.
If people are interested I might be able to make them to order in any size you need.

The wood here is mahogany. The leather is real and about 2mm thick.
I have only done a quick finish on this one so a sealer coat of shellac and about 8 coats of hand brushed water borne lacquer.

What I normally do when I finish wood is fill the grain with lacquer and get a glass finish with rubbing compounds.

Anyway here are a few pictures.
I have not picked what to use as the feet yet either.
Bellow the rest are some joysticks I have made.

I hit enter by mistake which is why the thread title says and jp, not only did I miss the o in joysticks I hit enter going for BS.

:)

wheel83:
excellent work as always.  

btw i see nipple !

FKSSR:
Wow!  Those are incredible!  I don't play fighters, but I need to try and find something I can contract you to build. :)

xsphat:
Nice. Good looking stuff.

Where did you get the art for the joysticks from? The dinner party scene is my fav, btw.

lowpoly:

--- Quote from: lam47;22287 ---I hit enter by mistake which is why the thread title says and jp, not only did I miss the o in joysticks I hit enter going for BS.
--- End quote ---
Lol, Happy Hacking? The first time that happened to me was when I was commenting on an ebay transaction. :D That was when I decided I prefer the traditional backspace layout.

The joysticks are beautiful. I think the first one is my favorite. The black one is :cool:.

Love the wrist rest. What is it what you want to try out? Personally, I'd prefer a matte finish, I think. I hope I have some money left when I'm back from my vacation because I want one. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version