Author Topic: Another IBM SSK  (Read 15802 times)

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
Re: Another IBM SSK
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 17:30:32 »
The joker is back.  1999.99.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 18:11:37 »
That's the same jackass that pushed the bid up to 666.66 earlier, with the same method.  Even the current top bidder has a retraction in the past six months.  Have never seen more bidders with retractions in one auction or so many outrageous bids.
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 18:28:04 »
That's the same jackass that pushed the bid up to 666.66 earlier, with the same method.  Even the current top bidder has a retraction in the past six months.  Have never seen more bidders with retractions in one auction or so many outrageous bids.

Just to think who is really getting hurt here: The poor little keyboard.  It will be recovering from this trauma for a long time.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 18:37:09 »
Yes, I'm sure it'll be heartbroken.

1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 19:23:22 »
I didn't even know that it was possible to retract a bid.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 19:48:12 »
I didn't even know that it was possible to retract a bid.

I didn't either. :(
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline intelli78

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 19:54:21 »
Anyone want to call the final price?  :p
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 20:00:53 »
I… didn't expect that.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 20:01:30 »
well that was anticlimatic

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 20:01:58 »
Bets on whether the top bidders will pull out by not paying after rethinking the value?
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 20:07:03 »
"Yeah, sorry, I was out of the house, my dog must have bid on that."
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline intelli78

« Reply #111 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 20:08:00 »
Anyone want to call the final price?  :p

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #112 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 20:08:48 »
Aww... I wanted it to go to $15,000.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 20:08:53 »
nothing tops " I was drunk"

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 20:11:57 »
With the high bids being exposed by the outrageously high retracted bids it wouldn't shock me if the top bidder walked away.

The same two green bidders did most of the push up of the price, and anyone watching closely would have known what to bid to push but not surpass the top bid.

It wasn't gambling this time, just straight forward *******ry.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 20:17:44 »
With the high bids being exposed by the outrageously high retracted bids it wouldn't shock me if the top bidder walked away.

The same two green bidders did most of the push up of the price, and anyone watching closely would have known what to bid to push but not surpass the top bid.

I'm not sure I follow that logic here.  The top bidder still bid up to or even above the amount it is at now.  It was within that person's allocated maximum bid value.  Even with potential fake bids to get the price up.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 20:33:04 »
Seems about right, less than twice what a decidedly inferior specimen went for last week.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #117 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 20:35:10 »
Ssk 2014 overhyped over priced keyboard.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #118 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 20:40:50 »

I'm not sure I follow that logic here.  The top bidder still bid up to or even above the amount it is at now.  It was within that person's allocated maximum bid value.  Even with potential fake bids to get the price up.

Yes, in the end, he's still paying what he was willing to pay.

But he's paying more than what he would have paid if there were none of this nonsense with the over-the-top bidding and retractions.

There's some obviously fake bids in there using information gained from the high retracted bids.  Whether they were working in conjunction with the seller or just being *******s will remain a mystery.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 21:46:26 »

And it stayed there, interesting.

Well it's a great keyboard! I hope whoever got it enjoys it!

I can't wait for 3 years from now when Hall effect KBs hit these prices.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 23:39:38 »

And it stayed there, interesting.

Well it's a great keyboard! I hope whoever got it enjoys it!

I can't wait for 3 years from now when Hall effect KBs hit these prices.

Yeah, that ain't going to happen :P

Offline Zaskar

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 18:50:00 »
But he's paying more than what he would have paid if there were none of this nonsense with the over-the-top bidding and retractions.

There's some obviously fake bids in there using information gained from the high retracted bids.  Whether they were working in conjunction with the seller or just being *******s will remain a mystery.

Hard to believe so many people bid so early. You need to wait until the last 10-30 seconds to place your bid, a single maximum value that you would be willing to pay (the closer to the end the better, but don't let a slow machine or problem with the bid cause you to miss it). Only exception is if there is a buy it now that's priced higher then you are willing to pay, in which case place minimum bid to remove it and then wait.

Any earlier bids is like playing cards and keeping yours face up on the table in front of you for everyone to see.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 February 2014, 18:55:46 by Zaskar »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 19:08:24 »

You need to wait until the last 10-30 seconds to place your bid, a single maximum value that you would be willing to pay (the closer to the end the better, but don't let a slow machine or problem with the bid cause you to miss it). Only exception is if there is a buy it now that's priced higher then you are willing to pay, in which case place minimum bid to remove it and then wait.

Any earlier bids is like playing cards and keeping yours face up on the table in front of you for everyone to see.

Hello.

Sniping.

Any legitimate bid at any time removes the Buy It Now.
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline intelli78

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 19:11:04 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 February 2014, 22:14:02 by intelli78 »

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 22:07:23 »
I will say more on the matter once this is over with. Messy.
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 22:31:05 »

I thought it was over? Is there some drama going on now, post-sale? Who woulda guessed that...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 12 February 2014, 00:38:26 »

I thought it was over? Is there some drama going on now, post-sale? Who woulda guessed that...

Shill bidding is violating the terms of a bid retraction. Once that is looked at, the transaction can continue.
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 12 February 2014, 12:05:32 »

Shill bidding is violating the terms of a bid retraction. Once that is looked at, the transaction can continue.

You do know when someone retracts a bid, it doesn't go to the last max bid right?  Only to the previous current bid?  I'd be more worried about the 1 reps blasting the price to 1600.  But then again, I wouldn't max bid a price I wasn't willing to pay.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 12 February 2014, 12:07:58 »
You do know when someone retracts a bid, it doesn't go to the last max bid right?  Only to the previous current bid?  I'd be more worried about the 1 reps blasting the price to 1600.  But then again, I wouldn't max bid a price I wasn't willing to pay.

Right, that was exactly my point here earlier.  Whoever won this keyboard was willing the pay the amount that it ended up costing.  Despite how the price got there, it was within the winner's allocated budget.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #129 on: Wed, 12 February 2014, 12:15:36 »

Right, that was exactly my point here earlier.  Whoever won this keyboard was willing the pay the amount that it ended up costing.  Despite how the price got there, it was within the winner's allocated budget.

Except that it appears the winner was EverythingIBM and he's now pissed about having to pay $2K for it.

in memoriam

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 12 February 2014, 12:18:02 »

Except that it appears the winner was EverythingIBM and he's now pissed about having to pay $2K for it.

I understand where he's coming from. $2K might have been within his budget for it, but he could be paying significantly less if not for the fake bids. On one hand, yay, he won! On the other, ****, he's paying more than it would've sold for without the fake bids.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #131 on: Wed, 12 February 2014, 12:25:39 »

I understand where he's coming from. $2K might have been within his budget for it, but he could be paying significantly less if not for the fake bids. On one hand, yay, he won! On the other, ****, he's paying more than it would've sold for without the fake bids.

Would it have sold for less, though?  There last two high bids look more legit than most of the rest, it's still entirely possible that it would have hit $2000 no matter what the guy with 1 feedback did.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 12 February 2014, 12:28:29 »
More

Would it have sold for less, though?  There last two high bids look more legit than most of the rest, it's still entirely possible that it would have hit $2000 no matter what the guy with 1 feedback did.

I suppose that's why it's "messy". All this is really speculation.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 13:49:29 »
I hope EverthingIBM will give us the full story when all is said and done.