Author Topic: [IC] Alps DCS Infinity mods kit  (Read 56474 times)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: [IC] Alps DCS Infinity mods kit
« Reply #250 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 15:25:43 »
... OR ...

We could use hasu's 60% Alps PCB, and make our own plate for it which uses Costar stabilizers, like this:

"Infinity Hacker" layout
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #251 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 15:36:56 »
... OR ...

We could use hasu's 60% Alps PCB, and make our own plate for it which uses Costar stabilizers, like this:

Show Image

"Infinity Hacker" layout

Yes please.  I need more 60% Alps.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #252 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 15:49:31 »
I just got some great news, friends. Melissa at SP tells me that they can mold any size key, in either DCS or DSA profile, with an Alps center mount.

6u and 6.25u DCS spacebars are possible.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #253 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 15:56:42 »
I just got some great news, friends. Melissa at SP tells me that they can mold any size key, in either DCS or DSA profile, with an Alps center mount.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #254 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 16:00:21 »
You could do that. But note, you’re going to be limited to only SP keycaps for stabilized keys in that case. So you’d better coordinate keycaps + plate + PCB and make sure the people buying in understand that they can’t use old Alps caps with it for enter and left shift. Also, why not just buy an Infinity board in that case? You get basically the same result, the only difference is what chip you’re using. If the idea is to use hasu’s firmware, I think he got it working on an Infinity board.

Anyway, much better, assuming you can afford to wait a few weeks would be to use plate holes for Matias’s new stabilizer clips/wires/inserts, which will work with either type of keycap.

I should email Matias again; he said he’d mail me some samples, but I think he forgot about it in between all the other stuff he has to take care of.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 March 2015, 16:03:40 by jacobolus »

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #255 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 16:19:47 »
I think I should make up a website just about the Alps stabilizer question, because even people who have been hanging out at geekhack for long enough that they should have seen this explained in detail dozens of times on numerous threads still seem to be utterly confused about it.

Never heard of the problem until here and I'm so glad that your attitude is really helping me understand it. /sarcasm.

Looks like you can just take the costar stabilizers, cut them down, and they'll work.

Could you link us poor plebes who can't possible comprehend your help?

Well done.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #256 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 16:28:05 »
@jacobolus: the purpose of the proposed modifier set being offered here is exactly for the Infinity. And I need feedback from people who are interested in a) handwiring, b) hasu's 60% PCB, or c) the Infinity as to what type of plate they would like. It's much cheaper to order several plates, than to buy a one-off.

Since standard layouts are now an option, I would like to know if people would be interested in buying a plate in Infinity Hacker, Infinity Standard, ANSI 125, or some other layout.

in memoriam

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #257 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 16:30:05 »
I prefer a more standard layout like ANSI, but would be fine with something else as long as there are plans to support the layout.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #258 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 16:48:27 »
I prefer a more standard layout like ANSI, but would be fine with something else as long as there are plans to support the layout.

in memoriam

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #259 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 17:18:39 »
Looks good to me.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #260 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 17:44:05 »
@jacobolus: the purpose of the proposed modifier set being offered here is exactly for the Infinity. And I need feedback from people who are interested in a) handwiring, b) hasu's 60% PCB, or c) the Infinity as to what type of plate they would like. It's much cheaper to order several plates, than to buy a one-off.
Sure, I understand that.

What I don’t understand is why someone would want hasu’s PCB + one of your proposed plates (with the Infinity layout you showed before), instead of just the Infinity kit. Seems like the two are almost identical for practical purposes for someone who wants to use Alps switches and the keycaps under discussion in this thread.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #261 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:01:19 »
Sure, I understand that.

What I don’t understand is why someone would want hasu’s PCB + one of your proposed plates (with the Infinity layout you showed before), instead of just the Infinity kit. Seems like the two are almost identical for practical purposes for someone who wants to use Alps switches and the keycaps under discussion in this thread.

Because of availability? or maybe it is just the product of a convoluted mind.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #262 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 20:37:13 »
JD, what would be different between your proposed plate/PCB combo and the existing Infinity kits with the flat plate option?

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #263 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 22:07:51 »

This is definitely great news! And good to know it's information you received after actually speaking to someone. A while back in this very thread I thought it was determined after speaking with SP that 6U DCS spacebars were not possible. I wonder, why the discrepancy?

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #264 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 23:01:09 »
JD, what would be different between your proposed plate/PCB combo and the existing Infinity kits with the flat plate option?

Nothing at all, really. I was just showing one option that could be made. But others could be done, instead. I didn't buy an Infinity yet, but I do have one of hasu's PCBs coming to me soon. I think there is something to be said for doing something like an Alps-only PCB, without the option of MX switches. Of course, that narrows the marketability, but most boards that have both switch types as an option prioritize MX over Alps if switch locations conflict.

Infinity Hacker layout has been done, and now there is the KBP V60 Matias version in standard ANSI, so maybe something like a Pure layout with a 150 bottom row? Just thinking out loud. With Alps, the sides clip to the plate, so universal layout plates aren't an option.

in memoriam

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #265 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 23:43:16 »
I think there is something to be said for doing something like an Alps-only PCB, without the option of MX switches.
Me too, but then it’s stupid to limit it to Costar-stabilized keycaps, IMO.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #266 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 23:58:00 »

Mmmmm DCS Alps spacebar would be nice :).

... OR ...

Show Image

"Infinity Hacker" layout

That plate though. Just out of sheer curiosity, could Cherry stabilizers be used with the SP Alps caps? I'm guessing no but I guess I'm looking for some details.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #267 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 07:34:40 »
OK so thanks to JD we know a full DCS set including a 6U spacebar is an option. That, along with Matias' current initiative to move towards providing more keycaps, I think makes Infinity Alps and other Alps-only projects such as the one JD proposed, that much more appealing. But I feel like we're drifting off track here in this thread so let's try to bring it back. How do any of these developments affect this IC?

I think the only question that remains is whether a 2.75U right shift would actually benefit anyone. Has that been resolved?

My boards:
More

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #268 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 08:43:18 »

I think the only question that remains is whether a 2.75U right shift would actually benefit anyone. Has that been resolved?

Maybe someday it would. 

What I don�t understand is why someone would want hasu�s PCB + one of your proposed plates (with the Infinity layout you showed before), instead of just the Infinity kit. Seems like the two are almost identical for practical purposes for someone who wants to use Alps switches and the keycaps under discussion in this thread.

You're assuming that practicality is an important component of decision making for most human beings.  If there is more stuff to buy, I will buy more stuff.

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #269 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 07:31:53 »

Anyway, much better, assuming you can afford to wait a few weeks would be to use plate holes for Matias’s new stabilizer clips/wires/inserts, which will work with either type of keycap.

I should email Matias again; he said he’d mail me some samples, but I think he forgot about it in between all the other stuff he has to take care of.

Yeah, my V80 ambitions are entirely dependent on Matias' magical mystery balance bars. I understand he has some custom balance bars that will connect Alps stabilizer plate clips to Costar stabilizer keycap inserts. I'd LOVE to see some photos of how it's supposed to work.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #270 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 08:41:01 »

Anyway, much better, assuming you can afford to wait a few weeks would be to use plate holes for Matias�s new stabilizer clips/wires/inserts, which will work with either type of keycap.

I should email Matias again; he said he�d mail me some samples, but I think he forgot about it in between all the other stuff he has to take care of.

Yeah, my V80 ambitions are entirely dependent on Matias' magical mystery balance bars. I understand he has some custom balance bars that will connect Alps stabilizer plate clips to Costar stabilizer keycap inserts. I'd LOVE to see some photos of how it's supposed to work.

Me too. I keep hearing about it, but I can't quite wrap my head around how it works, either.

in memoriam

Offline Matias

• * Commercial Vendor
    • http://matias.ca
« Reply #271 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 11:43:42 »

Anyway, much better, assuming you can afford to wait a few weeks would be to use plate holes for Matias's new stabilizer clips/wires/inserts, which will work with either type of keycap.

I should email Matias again; he said he'd mail me some samples, but I think he forgot about it in between all the other stuff he has to take care of.

Me too. I keep hearing about it, but I can't quite wrap my head around how it works, either.

Interesting discussion so far -- still need to read through it all.

My plan was to have our 60% keyboard be a reference design for anyone wanting to do a universal plate & PCB that supports both Cherry and ALPS.  However, I think that may be too long to wait, so I have another idea...

Is there a universally accepted plate+PCB that fits the most popular cases?  If you can steer me to the drawings, I can modify them to simultaneously support ALPS+Cherry and then release them as a reference design for the community.

PS:  jacobolus, still have your samples on my to-do list.  Can probably send them out this week.  Sorry for the delay, lots of project-related stuff just got in the way.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #272 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 11:46:07 »

Anyway, much better, assuming you can afford to wait a few weeks would be to use plate holes for Matias's new stabilizer clips/wires/inserts, which will work with either type of keycap.

I should email Matias again; he said he'd mail me some samples, but I think he forgot about it in between all the other stuff he has to take care of.

Interesting discussion so far -- still need to read through it all.

My plan was to have our 60% keyboard be a reference design for anyone wanting to do a universal plate & PCB that supports both Cherry and ALPS.  However, I think that may be too long to wait, so I have another idea...

Is there a universally accepted plate+PCB that fits the most popular cases?  If you can steer me to the drawings, I can modify them to simultaneously support ALPS+Cherry and then release them as a reference design for the community.

PS:  jacobolus, still have your samples on my to-do list.  Can probably send them out this week.  Sorry for the delay, lots of project-related stuff just got in the way.

The Infinity Standard layout PCB & plate already supports Alps & MX, and it fits in a standard 60% case.

My boards:
More

Offline Matias

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #273 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 11:48:47 »

The Infinity Standard layout PCB & plate already supports Alps & MX, and it fits in a standard 60% case.

Drawings?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #274 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 11:52:31 »

Drawings?

They are open source. :)

https://github.com/kiibohd/case

in memoriam

Offline Matias

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #275 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 12:09:09 »

Drawings?

They are open source. :)

https://github.com/kiibohd/case

Perfect...  :)

Are there 2D files of the plate & PCB in DWG or DXF format?

I'm just seeing STEP 3D files.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #276 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 12:34:22 »
Perfect...  :)

Are there 2D files of the plate & PCB in DWG or DXF format?

I'm just seeing STEP 3D files.

Here, I converted it to a 2D DXF and attached it to this post.

in memoriam

Offline Matias

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #277 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 13:56:58 »
Okay here is how you do it... (DXF attached)

1)  Use ALPS plate clips for both ALPS and Cherry.

2)  The outside clips are positioned for Cherry.  The inside clips are positioned for ALPS.

3)  For the Spacebar, I only put the clips for Cherry, since the plate is a little too short to support ALPS stabs, and all ALPS spacebars currently in production use Cherry stabs anyway.

95670-0

« Last Edit: Mon, 30 March 2015, 14:01:30 by Matias »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #278 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 14:00:52 »
Okay here is how you do it...

2)  The outside clips are positioned for Cherry.  The inside clips are positioned for ALPS.

3)  For the Spacebar, I only put the clips for Cherry, since the plate is a little too short to support ALPS stabs and all ALPS spacebars currently in production use Cherry stabs.

(Attachment Link)

Very cool, thank you, sir. When will these new clips and spring bars be available for purchase?

in memoriam

Offline Matias

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #279 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 14:07:31 »

3)  For the Spacebar, I only put the clips for Cherry, since the plate is a little too short to support ALPS stabs and all ALPS spacebars currently in production use Cherry stabs.

(Attachment Link)

Very cool, thank you, sir. When will these new clips and spring bars be available for purchase?

"Soon" :)  but I have samples now, and can send you a few if you PM me your address info.

Full assembled, it looks like this...

95672-0

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #280 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 21:42:30 »
Do you have pictures of the inserts that fit into MX-mount keycaps? Are those just the same as regular costar inserts, or are they new?

Will you be selling Alps-style rectangle-mount and/or MX-style cross-mount keycap inserts to go with the new stabilizers?

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #281 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 22:39:38 »
Dang, lots going on while I was away.  Good  :thumb:  I have added a large rt shift to the OP render since it appears that we could gather more interest in this set with the ability to cover a "Poker" layout. 

I have been working on pricing with SP and as it stands here is the pricing without a 2.75x right shift key (I added it to the OP render based on all that has been going on lately to see if it adds much to the pricing).  I am worried that we are starting to get where we were before with too much going on, but we will see.  Pricing has a small amount added to cover shipping to me, but does not include paypal fees or shipping from me.  Also, this does not incorporate the custom logo costs as those are being generously donated if the set sells.

25 sets                   $59.15 per set
50 sets                   $42.85 per set
74 sets                   $37.50 per set
100 sets                 $34.88 per set

wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #282 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 22:49:07 »
Okay here is how you do it... (DXF attached)

3)  For the Spacebar, I only put the clips for Cherry, since the plate is a little too short to support ALPS stabs, and all ALPS spacebars currently in production use Cherry stabs anyway.

(Attachment Link)

I'm no wire stab expert, but couldn't you put the clip slots on the top side for one of the switch types? In that case you could even fit clip slots for the spacebar. See:

95738-0

In this mockup I only did the spacebar but you could do it with the others as well.

My boards:
More

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #283 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 08:14:24 »

(Attachment Link)

"Soon" :)  but I have samples now, and can send you a few if you PM me your address info.

(Attachment Link)

I'm an Alps noob, so I have a question about this design.  Are Alps stabilizers required to be in a different position (what I would describe as "down", or pushed toward the bottom of a switch)?  I can't imagine that there is a need for them to be "narrower" or closer together, but that's instead simply to give another placement to make the vertically-moved holes, correct?  Basically, I'm wondering why they can't share stabilizer mounts points.  ;)  Hope my wording isn't too strange.   :thumb:   Thanks!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #284 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 08:23:27 »
I'm an Alps noob, so I have a question about this design.  Are Alps stabilizers required to be in a different position (what I would describe as "down", or pushed toward the bottom of a switch)?  I can't imagine that there is a need for them to be "narrower" or closer together, but that's instead simply to give another placement to make the vertically-moved holes, correct?  Basically, I'm wondering why they can't share stabilizer mounts points.  ;)  Hope my wording isn't too strange.   :thumb:   Thanks!

Yes, the Alps stabilizer inserts which go into the keycaps have an OPEN slot design, and require the stabilizer bar to be on "south" of the switch. In contrast to the Costar stabilizer inserts for MX, which have a CLOSED slot.

in memoriam

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #285 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 08:24:14 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Did you happen to see my spacebar mockup in the post right above yours? I think you're right that the horizontal spacing is more a matter of fitting both very close together. But AFAIK all stabs are vertically centered on the cap, so if you flip either one (Alps or Cherry) to the "top" side, you can still fit both without interfering with one another.

My boards:
More

Offline Matias

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #286 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 09:32:20 »
Do you have pictures of the inserts that fit into MX-mount keycaps? Are those just the same as regular costar inserts, or are they new?

They are regular Costar inserts.

Will you be selling Alps-style rectangle-mount and/or MX-style cross-mount keycap inserts to go with the new stabilizers?

We'll be selling both.

I'm no wire stab expert, but couldn't you put the clip slots on the top side for one of the switch types? In that case you could even fit clip slots for the spacebar. See:

(Attachment Link)

In this mockup I only did the spacebar but you could do it with the others as well.

That approach would work for Costar stabs.  For ALPS stabs, it would allow you to mount the spacebar upside-down.

I'm an Alps noob, so I have a question about this design.  Are Alps stabilizers required to be in a different position (what I would describe as "down", or pushed toward the bottom of a switch)?

If you're using a standard ALPS stabilizer wire, yes, they have to be lower.

However, we've designed a new stabilizer wire for ALPS that can occupy the same plate clip position as Cherry.  If you use that Cherry-style ALPS wire, then you only need one set of clip holes in the plate.  I included the extra set of holes to allow for backwards compatibility with traditional ALPS stabilizer wires.

I can't imagine that there is a need for them to be "narrower" or closer together, but that's instead simply to give another placement to make the vertically-moved holes, correct?  Basically, I'm wondering why they can't share stabilizer mounts points.  ;)  Hope my wording isn't too strange.   :thumb:   Thanks!

The Cherry clips have to be in a certain horizontal position, because the stab wires curve around the switch.  The ALPS stab wires are straight, so they can be positioned wherever there's available space.  You can see this in the photo I posted earlier -- see below...

(Attachment Link)

« Last Edit: Tue, 31 March 2015, 09:36:35 by Matias »

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #287 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 09:39:39 »

(Attachment Link)

That approach would work for Costar stabs.  For ALPS stabs, it would allow you to mount the spacebar upside-down.

Well I know the Cherry stab clips mount right in the middle, and they're cruciform so you should just be able to turn the inserts around 180 degrees. If that's not the way Matias clips work, then leave them on the bottom and put the [...oh geez, I apologize in advance for this one...] cherry on top.

My boards:
More

Offline Matias

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #288 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 10:20:21 »

(Attachment Link)

Well I know the Cherry stab clips mount right in the middle, and they're cruciform so you should just be able to turn the inserts around 180 degrees. If that's not the way Matias clips work, then leave them on the bottom and put the [...oh geez, I apologize in advance for this one...] cherry on top.

Yes, you only need one set of Cherry stab clips -- you can position them on top or on the bottom.

However, if you position them on top, then using them for an ALPS stab necessitates that keycap being upside-down.

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #289 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 12:29:05 »
To attach SP keycaps to an Alps board, would it not be simpler to use the existing Alps plate clips with a custom wire that's slightly "longer" horizontally and "less tall" vertically?

95795-0

Offline Matias

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #290 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 16:02:13 »
To attach SP keycaps to an Alps board, would it not be simpler to use the existing Alps plate clips with a custom wire that's slightly "longer" horizontally and "less tall" vertically?

(Attachment Link)

Yes, that approach is easier, and that is the approach we're using to allow SP caps to work on our existing ALPS keyboards.

However, if your goal is to design a single PCB+plate that supports both ALPS and Cherry, then the approach I described below is the way to do it.

« Last Edit: Tue, 31 March 2015, 16:57:39 by Matias »

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #291 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 16:33:33 »

(Attachment Link)

Yes, that approach is easier, and that is the approach we're using to allow SP caps to work on our existing ALPS keyboards.

However, if you're goal is to design a single PCB+plate that supports both ALPS and Cherry, then the approach I described below is the way to do it.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Best news all week!

So Badwrench, based on this I think it's a good idea to include the 2.75u RShift in this set.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #292 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 17:48:35 »

(Attachment Link)

However, if your goal is to design a single PCB+plate that supports both ALPS and Cherry, then the approach I described below is the way to do it.

Sounds like we need to have a wire buy or see about getting wires with the kit so the caps can be used on multiple keyboards :)

Now I just need to make my adapters work with the square insert stabilizers as well as the cruciform they work with now.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #293 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 21:48:07 »
Ok, this is it guys and girls, the Final sets.  I decided to break the kit into 2 sets as the pricing was just inching too high.  I am submitting the final render to SP after I post this for pricing and will update as soon as I get the numbers. 

95869-0

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #294 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 22:48:10 »
I think this is a wise way to break things up without overcomplicating the buy. Nice work.

My boards:
More

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #295 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 22:48:57 »
I think this is a wise way to break things up without overcomplicating the buy. Nice work.

It also helps with the cost.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #296 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 00:06:46 »

It also helps with the cost.

Ok, here is the pricing: 
Once again, I have added a small amount to the initial costs to cover shipping to me, but they still don't include the paypal and shipping from me.

Infinity Kit
25 sets                   $59.16 per set
50 sets                   $43.22 per set
75 sets                   $37.78 per set
100 sets                 $35.36 per set

Optional Modifier Kit
25 sets                   $13.49 per set
50 sets                   $8.99 per set
75 sets                   $7.65 per set
100 sets                 $6.77 per set

Ideally, if we can get to the 50 MOQ tier, the pricing will get much better.  I am working on setting up a way to do a Massdrop style of entry for the GB so that we can track where we are on MOQ and help people that are on the fence in case they are worried about the buy not making the tier they want. 

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #297 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 07:15:20 »
Let's get to 50!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #298 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 08:04:10 »
Yeah, just set 50 as MOQ. If it doesn't get to 50, it doesn't go at all. :)

in memoriam

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #299 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 08:26:34 »
And persuade intelli78 and Elrick to hype it up!