Author Topic: [GB] AL1 (Shipping, QMK Codes Open Sourced)  (Read 100151 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [GB] AL1 (GB closed)
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 17:58:40 »
How many switches am I going to need?

I tried looking through the IC thread and this but don't see any sort of BOM if I plan to assemble it myself.

OR am I being a noob?

buy 85, i think it's 78 keys or so
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline prozach

« Reply #151 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 10:18:12 »

Awesome Thanks.

Looks like I need plate mount switches but doing some reading it looks like I can buy pcb mount and just cut the tabs off if I need to.

This will be my first true build.  No stranger to soldering or electronics.

Looking forward to the project. My godspeed XDA is gonna look sweet on this board.

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 10:20:13 »

Awesome Thanks.

Looks like I need plate mount switches but doing some reading it looks like I can buy pcb mount and just cut the tabs off if I need to.

Looking forward to the project. My godspeed XDA is gonna look sweet on this board.
The PCB has holes for PCB mount switches so you're all good.

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 10:56:12 »

Awesome Thanks.

The PCB has holes for PCB mount switches so you're all good.

I plan to slap SA Carbon on this

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #154 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 11:08:04 »
I'm going with laser :cool:

Got a black case, still undecided on weather to switch to that deep blue yet.

Offline prozach

« Reply #155 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 12:05:00 »
Yeah I am hoping maybe I can change to all black on the case.

Offline forumusername

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 13:14:16 »
Same I got silver because I was afraid of different top/bottom in grey but have since acquired more boards in silver so hopefully I can switch to black 🤞

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 14:02:53 »
Hi all. AL1 cases are ready for anodizing. This is the last chance you can make change on the colors.

Please check the google form for your current selections.

There's also one extra color you can change to. It was supposed to be the dark blue  but unfortunately that factory is not available now for accepting small orders. Alsoran found another factory can do a similar color. This color is also dark. The interesting thing is it can change color in different light (different color temperature). All the photos are from a same case.

Please DM me if you want to make changes on the color option within two days from now because all the cases will arrive the anodizing factory in two days.

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #158 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 14:04:24 »
DM me if you joined this GB but didn't find your name in the spreadsheet.

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #159 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 15:19:02 »
This blue case is beautiful!
Dm'd :)

Offline Petch

« Reply #160 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 17:35:56 »
Hi all. AL1 cases are ready for anodizing. This is the last chance you can make change on the colors.

Please check the google form for your current selections.

There's also one extra color you can change to. It was supposed to be the dark blue  but unfortunately that factory is not available now for accepting small orders. Alsoran found another factory can do a similar color. This color is also dark. The interesting thing is it can change color in different light (different color temperature). All the photos are from a same case.

Please DM me if you want to make changes on the color option within two days from now because all the cases will arrive the anodizing factory in two days.

That's a shame, but the new blue is still quite nice. In one of the photos it looks positively purple - is it like that in person? I've already got a purple board that was supposed to be blue  :(

Do you have any photos of other colours (specifically the normal blue) as completed boards, or just the new colour?

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #161 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 17:37:28 »
In those shots I see black, purple then blue.

Offline prozach

« Reply #162 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 18:23:36 »
Is changing to the new case color an option for folks that did one of the color presets?

if we want to the new color will it all be that color or will the case be the new color and the plate be the color from the preset we originally chose?

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #163 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 19:26:34 »
DM'd

Offline forumusername

« Reply #164 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 20:15:25 »
I assume that the color option #6 is pink in this picture and not rose gold https://i.imgur.com/bwzCxS2.jpg but with the way that it is sitting next to the silver maybe it is rose gold?  I just wanted to clarify if possible.  Also are we only able to change the case color or case and plate?  This is very generous for us to be able to change at all thank you.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #165 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 21:04:53 »
I would also like to know as to what components we are able to change -- also if there any crisp pics of the color samples, it'd be nice!

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #166 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 22:04:19 »
Can someone point me to some information on how to flash this board when it arrives? :)

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 09:01:30 »

That's a shame, but the new blue is still quite nice. In one of the photos it looks positively purple - is it like that in person? I've already got a purple board that was supposed to be blue  :(

Do you have any photos of other colours (specifically the normal blue) as completed boards, or just the new colour?

According to Alsoran, this color is black in darkness, purple in intense light, and  blue indoor.

no new photos for completed boards in other colors.

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 09:03:13 »
Is changing to the new case color an option for folks that did one of the color presets?

if we want to the new color will it all be that color or will the case be the new color and the plate be the color from the preset we originally chose?

If you decide to go with the new color on case, then the plate can be in the same color or black without any charge.

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 09:09:05 »
I assume that the color option #6 is pink in this picture and not rose gold https://i.imgur.com/bwzCxS2.jpg but with the way that it is sitting next to the silver maybe it is rose gold?  I just wanted to clarify if possible.  Also are we only able to change the case color or case and plate?  This is very generous for us to be able to change at all thank you.

I would also like to know as to what components we are able to change -- also if there any crisp pics of the color samples, it'd be nice!

case and plate

I've asked but unfortunately alsoran doesn't have high res photos either. I'll see if he can get some new photos right before anodizing.

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 09:11:22 »
Can someone point me to some information on how to flash this board when it arrives? :)

I'll open source the QMK codes. It should be easy if you have flashed QMK/TMK before. A tutorial will be provided.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 09:43:40 »

I'll open source the QMK codes. It should be easy if you have flashed QMK/TMK before. A tutorial will be provided.

Great, thank you for that. I've done one board before.. a KBD75, which is QMK but will certainly need any advice / direction you can provide.

Also sent you a PM with a bit of a crazy question. ;)
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 March 2018, 09:53:29 by Visionaire »

Offline prozach

« Reply #172 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 01:42:59 »
is there a list somewhere of everything i will need to build this?  This is my first build and i have no idea if i need pcb or plate mount stabilizers and how many of what size.

I have all the switches (nice timing from Massdrop) but am I going to need diodes (thinking no since there is a pcb).

would love to see a build BOM if one exists.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #173 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 02:04:19 »
is there a list somewhere of everything i will need to build this?  This is my first build and i have no idea if i need pcb or plate mount stabilizers and how many of what size.

I have all the switches (nice timing from Massdrop) but am I going to need diodes (thinking no since there is a pcb).

would love to see a build BOM if one exists.
Looking at pictures of the pcb prototype it looks like it takes pcb mount stabs. You’ll need a 7u spacebar stab and 4-6 x 2u stabs depending on the layout you use.

I doubt you’ll need diodes since most come presoldered nowadays.

Offline Carifio24

« Reply #174 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 06:09:37 »
DM'd

Offline prozach

« Reply #175 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 22:53:50 »
Looking at pictures of the pcb prototype it looks like it takes pcb mount stabs. You’ll need a 7u spacebar stab and 4-6 x 2u stabs depending on the layout you use.

Thanks.

Now to find a place that actually has cherry stabs in stock.  :-)

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #176 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 06:50:27 »

Thanks.

Now to find a place that actually has cherry stabs in stock.  :-)

I got mine from Sentraq

https://sentraq.com/collections/accesories/products/cherry-screw-in-pcb-mount-stabilizers

Offline prozach

« Reply #177 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 08:33:55 »
Fantastic.  I hadn't looked real hard yet, but sentraq fit the bill.

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #178 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 22:06:22 »
quick update: Alsoran will be flying to the city of the anodizing factory and oversee the manufacturing. I'm surprised because I didn't know he will be off work and on site for the anodizing. Once he arrives the factory, he will stay there until everything is finished. He's expecting to stay there no more than 1 week.

Offline Peppermint216

Re: [GB] AL1 (anodizing)
« Reply #179 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 08:34:44 »
quick update: Alsoran will be flying to the city of the anodizing factory and oversee the manufacturing. I'm surprised because I didn't know he will be off work and on site for the anodizing. Once he arrives the factory, he will stay there until everything is finished. He's expecting to stay there no more than 1 week.
Gotta love his commitment, anything else we are waiting for(PCBs, brass parts) after anodising?

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #180 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 09:39:21 »
any update on how everything is looking so far? Pics would be awesome and SA Carbon is patiently waiting to be mounted on this!

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #181 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 10:31:27 »
any update on how everything is looking so far? Pics would be awesome and SA Carbon is patiently waiting to be mounted on this!

Got some new photos from Alsoran. All the weights and plates have been electroplated. Cases will be finished in two days.

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #182 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 10:37:15 »
the brass plate looks gorgeous. Wish there had been an option for brass only...oh well. Will all the weights have the "AL1" engraved?

Offline noricon

« Reply #183 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 13:19:14 »
I regret not getting a brass plate :( but super excited overall!

Offline shadowrealmwarez

« Reply #184 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 13:45:53 »
I'm sad I missed out on this, photo's look great!

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #185 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 04:40:43 »
I'm sad I missed out on this, photo's look great!

PM TriangleLab for extras. More were made than ordered.

Offline floris

« Reply #186 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 08:08:59 »
Nice that you guys decided to electroplate the brass parts. Looks amazing.

Offline Petch

« Reply #187 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 12:22:20 »
Any spare brass plates + PCBs going?

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #188 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 13:49:48 »
There will be some leftover parts including plates, PCBs, cases, and so on. These part will be sold FCFC for those who asked here or through private message. For now I can not make confirmation whether or not you will get the parts tho.

Important: : some kits without engravings and assembly service will be shipped from the next weekend. Please PM me if your address has been changed or is not the same with your Paypal address.

The kits with engravings or assembly service will be shipped later.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 21:55:04 »
any engraving samples?

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #190 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 21:46:42 »
There will be some leftover parts including plates, PCBs, cases, and so on. These part will be sold FCFC for those who asked here or through private message. For now I can not make confirmation whether or not you will get the parts tho.

Important: : some kits without engravings and assembly service will be shipped from the next weekend. Please PM me if your address has been changed or is not the same with your Paypal address.

The kits with engravings or assembly service will be shipped later.

Hype!

Can't wait to seen them.

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #191 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 08:23:08 »
Any updates? Any QC issues that might delay shipments?

Offline floristfran

• I Wanted a foam bath and i got a slimy eel bath
« Reply #192 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 07:18:26 »
would love to get one of the leftovers if there are any  this layout is gorgeous

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #193 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 09:25:39 »

:eek:

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: [GB] AL1 (QC and packing)
« Reply #194 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 09:27:26 »
Show Image

:eek:

Whoa. Is the green one in the top row the same green as the color 10 (or 12?) I ordered?

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #195 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 09:35:55 »
I see mine! Middle of the top row, the only one to go with a red top. Looks good from here, can't wait to get it!

Offline forumusername

« Reply #196 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 10:08:44 »
I see mine too!  I am really looking forward to this  :thumb:

Offline MegalaDump

« Reply #197 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 10:12:10 »
They're stunning! Can't wait to get mine :D
AL1 x2 | Southpaw extended 65 x2 | Southpaw Full Size x2 (when they ship) | TX-Cp x2 | Duck Jetfire | UK78 | Pearl 40 | TGR Alice | Doro67 (when it ships) | QXP (when it ships) | Singa Polycarb | ALF-x11 (when it ships)

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #198 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 11:43:29 »
Oh man. Great photo... they all look awesome!!

Especially my lone orange board up there- color looks perfect. Can’t wait to see it in person! Thanks to all for a smooth GB so far.

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #199 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 19:49:37 »
Update:

There is a little delay for shipping the keyboards out. They are supposed to be shipped out on last Sunday but now the shipping will start from tomorrow.

The reason is the PCB factory soldered the diodes in the wrong direction. Alsoran asked me to solve this problem by changing the QMK codes. However, for the columns of the matrix, we used a 74hc154 decoder chip which only works in one direction. That means changing the code won't make the PCB work. Alsoran decided to manually re-solder the diodes for the PCBs. He's doing it at a speed of 40 min per PCB. Totally 32 international orders will be handled first. Hopefully he can finish the work within one week. Finished/QCed kits will be sent out in several batches in this week. I'm really sorry for the delay.