Author Topic: [GB] Alpine Winter (Shipping Replacements)  (Read 2269743 times)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
[GB] Alpine Winter (Shipping Replacements)
« on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 22:22:11 »

Dell ANSI | KBP v60 | Infinity | AEK II | ISO

Alpine Winter is a keyset for 60% Alps boards which provides broader 60% compatibility than any MX keyset to date.
Signature Plastics DCS Profile | Doubleshot ABS | Cherry-replica legends | Colors BGA & GTL

This elegant keyset is designed to look classy on any Alps 60% keyboard. You can use it by itself or mix and match with Badwrench's BX teal modifier sets. Either way, your board will look great and you'll be a part of something special: the first community-produced full 60% Alps keyset.

Early-Bird Raffle - Nubs!

No keycap artisan on Geekhack loves Alps more than our pal nubbinator. So to help encourage people to join this buy early, nubs is offering 5 doubleshot Alpine Winter-themed Dolly V2/Fn sets as giveaways!

Rules: These sets will be raffled off between the first 50 orders at the 50 MOQ. So if you order 2 sets at the 50 mark, that's 2 entries in the raffle! If you order one set at the 50 mark and one set at the 75 mark, you get one entry in the raffle. And if you order 100 sets at the 100 mark, you get no entries in the raffle. Remember, you'll pay the lowest possible price based on total orders, even if you commit at the 50 MOQ, so join right away!

Pricing Tiers
Quantity   Price
50$94 + Shipping
75$79 + Shipping
100$70 + Shipping

When signing up for the buy, you will have the chance to commit to the pricing tier(s) of your choice.

Shipping still TBD. CONUS orders will most likely ship via USPS. International orders, I will do my best to determine the best shipping method ASAP.

Add-on Spacebar Packs, $7

Want to stock up on some extra spacebars? Now you can! When ordering, you will have the option to add 2-packs in 3 sizes:

Infinity Hacker Spacebar (6U) 2-Pack. One gray and one blue.
AEK II Spacebar (6.5U) 2-Pack. One gray and one blue.
Standard Blue Spacebar 2-Pack. One 6.2U and one 7U.

Extras
Novelties and blanks are available a la carte, even if you don't purchase a base kit.
NOTE: Prices do not include shipping.

Geekhack Novelty Pack, $7

Personalize your Alps board and show your love for Geekhack with the Geekhack Novelty Pack! This pack includes 2 GEEK HACK keys and 2 Sadsters.

Blanks

Photoshop mockup

Because Alps keycaps are hard to come by, I'm offering a chance to pool our resources to stock up on blanks. When ordering, you will have the chance to add blanks in set colors BGA and GTL, in sizes 1U, 1.25U, and 1.5U. Pricing is as follows:

1U: $0.73/ea.
1.25U: $0.75/ea. (Row 4 only)
1.5U: $1.49/ea.
2U: $2.50/ea. (Gray, Row 4 only)

Now with Monarch support!

Have you heard about Monarch? The Monarch is an custom Alps 60% + LHTK (left-hand tenkey) based on the AEKII layout.

The Monarch group buy opened up shortly after Alpine Winter, and I've been wishing there was a way that Alpine Winter could support the numpad cluster since day one. Well I'm thrilled to announce that we are now offering a special numpad blanks kit, exclusively for Monarch buyers!

The Monarch kit includes a full set of blanks for an AEKII numpad layout, and the cost is $16/set. Because this is an exclusive for Monarch buyers, ordering and delivery will be handled through koalapear. Contact him with any questions.

NOTE: This numpad kit was made possible by an anonymous benefactor, and is strictly exclusive to Monarch buyers. I will only be shipping these kits to koalapear, who will handle fulfillment. Do not contact me asking me for a numpad kit, you will be ignored. Do not contact me asking me for any 1x2 vertical keys, you will be ignored. Thanks.

Details
Invoicing will be done via PayPal after the buy is closed. Once all funds have been collected, I will submit the order to Signature Plastics. Current lead time for DCS sets is about 6 weeks.

Deadline to Join
The buy will close Saturday, October 24.

Alpine Winter is on Reddit and Deskthority.

Need a board to put these caps on? Check out Alps Party 60%!

Special thanks to Badwrench for proving that Alps GB's can work; E3E for helping design the colorway; geniekid for suggesting the name; nubbinator for the artisan raffle & legend permissions; hashbaz, iMav and i3oilermaker for legend permissions; nickheller and jacobulous for feedback & suggestions on IRC; and everyone else who expressed interest in this set and offered support and suggestions.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 September 2016, 12:27:07 by njbair »

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
Re: [GB] Alpine Winter - 60% Alps DCS Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 22:40:44 »
Reserved.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Spaceman1200

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 08:08:58 »
Looks great! Thanks for setting this up! Gonna put at least 1 order in!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 08:13:18 »
Ordered :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 08:13:31 »
That spacebar pack is a fantastic idea!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 08:21:44 »
Almost a perfect set! (no glider keys haha)

Is there a link to an image with these alphas with Badwrench's mod set? Edit: found it https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74783.msg1845824#msg1845824
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 September 2015, 08:53:51 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 08:25:28 »
Awwwww yeah!

Looking forward to getting these on a board. I'll have to step up my board dismantling with this and the Alps Party hitting sometime late this year early next!

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 08:26:35 »
Ordered  :thumb:

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 09:08:25 »
Oh yeaaa buddy, Alpsie goodness. Thanks njbair and to all the contributors that made this happen!

In like Flynn!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 09:10:44 »
I really want this for my JD45 but... :emptywallet:
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline harlw

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 09:12:09 »
Oh my!

Blanks!  :o  Great work OP!

I can ALMOST finish my alps ergodox and be rid of these odd profile 1u keys on all the modifiers!

For those of you interested, I have AEKII caps on my ergodox so I compared the DCS profile and it's totally acceptable for my purposes and I think this color blue(?) will look great as modifiers with the beige AEKII caps.

DCS is on the bottom in color, AEK in negative over top:

This is what I have:

If I were to order I would be looking at:

12 1.5u keys but I'm not certain what rows to buy, anybody figure that out?
8 1u keys for the thumb cluster as it's currently a hack job too.
No 2u keys that i desperately need for the thumb cluster though :(
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 09:22:44 »
Sorry if this is a silly question, are we required to purchase the parent deal to get the add-ons? I just want the novelty pack.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 09:24:35 »
Sorry if this is a silly question, are we required to purchase the parent deal to get the add-ons? I just want the novelty pack.

Yes, the main pack is required. It says that on the order form, but I didn't see it in the OP.

FYI, most community-run GBs used to do this in the past. If you were a collector of those novelties, you had to buy in to the GB (and help us meet MOQ) in order to collect your caps.

in memoriam

Offline geniekid

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 09:25:52 »
In for 2 base packs and a GH pack. :D

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 09:26:12 »
Joined at the 75 MOQ. Hopefully it will tip at that price. Looking forward to giving my KBP V60 some keycap love.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 09:55:11 »
How thick are these? I'd be interested in them for casting purposes...

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 09:59:18 »

It's Signature Plastics DCS, so not very thick.

in memoriam

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 10:04:04 »

@bcredbottle, please keep in mind that Alps GB's seldom happen, so please jump in head first and let's hit 100+ MOQ! :)

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 10:07:08 »

7-bit keeps threatening an SA-like Alps keycap buy. So watch for that in the 2020s!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 10:08:09 »

7-bit keeps threatening an SA-like Alps keycap buy. So watch for that in the 2020s!

Talk is cheap, especially coming from 7-bit..lol

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 10:10:26 »

I like SA, but I don't really think I would prefer them over DCS for Alps. I have no problem at all continuing to support double shot DCS-profile group buys. I really like DCS!

DCS may not be as nice as Cherry/GMK, but it's close enough for me. With the added benefit that, you know, we can actually have a successful GB for them. :D

in memoriam

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 10:10:30 »
Had to jump in. Hope this is a successful buy.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 10:14:37 »
Nice set design, congratulations, I just do not have an ALPS board now, otherwise I'd jump on the buy immediately.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 10:17:00 »
Nice set design, congratulations, I just do not have an ALPS board now, otherwise I'd jump on the buy immediately.
Buy a set for when you do have an alps board :)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 10:30:16 »

Well then, you need to get in on this: [GB] Alps Party 60% - Hannibal at the Gates

in memoriam

Offline U47

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 11:19:26 »
Yisss!

This is going to sound weird, but I'm in for a set, at least one 6u spacebar set, maybe a 6.5u spacebar set, and two sets worth of blanks (hopefully they tip).

Offline kennardsmith

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 11:19:37 »
Well I'm in for a set. Already regretting not adding blanks.
[Control] is just left side of [A]. It comes from Sun Type3 key layout.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 11:28:11 »

Well then, you need to get in on this: [GB] Alps Party 60% - Hannibal at the Gates

It is so tempting; but, I just fell in love with my recent modded GON with my own version of Ergo Clears and vintage Cherry caps, that I'd feel unfaithful with, if I'd go for an ALPS now. I am sure you have been in my shoes.

Offline harlw

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 11:29:42 »

It is so tempting; but, I just fell in love with my recent modded GON with my own version of Ergo Clears and vintage Cherry caps, that I'd feel unfaithful with, if I'd go for an ALPS now. I am sure you have been in my shoes.

Pictars and detailz plz :D
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 11:34:45 »

Pictars and detailz plz :D

Hehe, I do not want to take over this fine thread though, it would be somewhere else, when I get the black 7u GMK space bar that it still needs to get it properly dress, by now Ivan's purple mods, and my vintage Cherry set do a decent job. Some electric blue mods are coming that would be its weekend's outfit.

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 12:49:51 »
Being a SP set I assume the big keys will use Cherry-mount stems for stabilizers, am I right?

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 12:51:55 »
Being a SP set I assume the big keys will use Cherry-mount stems for stabilizers, am I right?

Yes. The stab mounts will be cruciform.

There are a couple of workarounds for this issue. I plan on outlining those soon. But if you are taking part in Alps Party 60%, those plates will work with stock stab wires.

My boards:
More

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 12:56:11 »

Yes, the main pack is required. It says that on the order form, but I didn't see it in the OP.

FYI, most community-run GBs used to do this in the past. If you were a collector of those novelties, you had to buy in to the GB (and help us meet MOQ) in order to collect your caps.

I'm actually going to update the verbiage, and make the blanks and novelties available by themselves. I don't think this will cannibalize base kit sales. The spacebar packs, however, are strictly add-ons.

My boards:
More

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 13:32:51 »
For blanks, is Row 1 or 4 the bottom row?

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 13:46:01 »
For blanks, is Row 1 or 4 the bottom row?

Row 1 is the top row (and the function row on full-size boards), row 4 is the bottom two rows.

My boards:
More

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 13:47:45 »
I thank you... Getting a couple of AEK2 bottow row kits just in case. Alphas are everywhere. (Though less everywhere than MX alphas)

Offline E3E

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 13:57:33 »
Thanks for making this happen, njbair, and for the shoutout! Definitely in for one of everything, some 1.5u Row 4 blanks, two novelty sets, and a second base set if we get to 75 MQO! So hype for this!

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
  • Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 14:10:20 »
Got my order in.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 14:25:45 »
In for two infinity hacker sets.

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 15:33:21 »
I'm in for a set with a novelty pack.  :D :D :D

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:41:31 »
Submitted for the kitchen sink.  Obviously not in it for the Dolly and Fn.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:54:13 »
...and we've hit our first MOQ, for the Geekhack novelty packs!

I've whipped up some spreadsheet magic so everyone can check the buy's progress. You'll find the link towards the bottom of the OP, but I'll add it here too for the lazy: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I8iOJQJVgFuvV6igp_-ni07pqSKx7nvcyaIMPkdLtT8/pubhtml?gid=1059250896&single=true

My boards:
More

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:16:39 »
Seems there is a problem with permissions on the spreadsheet.

Also, if people want to add more do they just submit another order which will overwrite their previous one?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:24:24 »
Am lazy, thanks

Offline atectatifern

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:59:53 »
In

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 22:01:45 »
I really want this set, but I've put an unofficial freeze on keyboard purchases for the time being.  :(  Will try to free up some funds by the deadline and join - I'd hate to miss out on this one.

Great job with the GB, njbair.  :thumb:

Offline Muffinbottoms

« Reply #46 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 01:34:03 »
Holy cannoli you did it! :D I'm just about to dive right in, but I have a dumb question because I'm a weenie and don't understand haha. When you say we can apply for different MOQ's does that mean we are commiting to that price range and should that price range not happen we wouldn't get the kit? And lets say we put "1" in all three MOQ's, do you add all three of those up as three separate kits, or would we get the lowest one? I read on the form we get the lowest price, but I was just unsure haha.

Thanks again for doing this GB! You are an Alps angel njbair!  :thumb:

Offline geniekid

« Reply #47 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 02:10:41 »
Holy cannoli you did it! :D I'm just about to dive right in, but I have a dumb question because I'm a weenie and don't understand haha. When you say we can apply for different MOQ's does that mean we are commiting to that price range and should that price range not happen we wouldn't get the kit? And lets say we put "1" in all three MOQ's, do you add all three of those up as three separate kits, or would we get the lowest one? I read on the form we get the lowest price, but I was just unsure haha.

Yes, if you sign up for 1 set for the $75 MOQ and it isn't reached, you would not get the kit.  If you sign up for 1 at $50, 1 at $75, and 1 at $100, you are signing up for 3 kits.  If the $50 MOQ is met you will get all three kits at $50.  If the $75 MOQ is met you will get two kits at $75.  If only the $100 MOQ is met, then you would get one kit at $100.

Offline deci

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 03:05:13 »
Alps keycaps???

In like a mofo!

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 08:57:58 »

Yes, if you sign up for 1 set for the $75 MOQ and it isn't reached, you would not get the kit.  If you sign up for 1 at $50, 1 at $75, and 1 at $100, you are signing up for 3 kits.  If the $50 MOQ is met you will get all three kits at $50.  If the $75 MOQ is met you will get two kits at $75.  If only the $100 MOQ is met, then you would get one kit at $100.

This is almost right, except you got confused and mixed up the order quantities (50, 75, 100) with the prices for each ($94, $79, $70).

To put it another way, all three MOQs should add up to the total number of sets you want to buy at the cheapest price.

My boards:
More