Author Topic: Post your ALPS keyboard  (Read 179020 times)

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
Re: Post your ALPS keyboard
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 08:05:44 »
Holy crap imma get that.  I dont really want to slaughter the video writer.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #201 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 02:18:05 »
Scheming nalgene? What's going on?

Also, here is my brown alps videowriter
(Attachment Link)

Didn't know brown alps came in anything other than IBM 5140s. How much was it if you don't mind me asking? I'd love a cheaper way to get brown alps.

Today I learned: Brown Alps aren't limited to IBM 5140s and the other boards listed here.

Some early 80s Texas Instruments keyboards had either tactile or linear brown Alps as well.

It is starting to seem like the Xerox 6085 keyboards, an older brother to the Xerox Docutech (for tactile green Alps) keyboards have brown tactile Alps as well.

There's a brown tactile TI keyboard on TaoBao right now. It's got a good portion of its caps broken off, so you'll have to perform some surgery to get them out of the Alps sliders and who knows what state the switches are in, but you would get around 100 of them. Cheap price if not for EMS shipping.

Show Image

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.127.hv3oyU&id=526983266788&ns=1&abbucket=20#detail

Also note the strange cap profile. Is that a match to the AEK profile I wonder? Very nice, but disgusting yellow, condition in general, and the F and J keys have the oddest kind of home row indentifiers ever.

Nice yellow keycaps :)

Also interesting FJ markers.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline E3E

« Reply #202 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 05:54:44 »

They're so yellow, it looks like they were designed to be that color. :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #203 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 03:34:49 »

They're so yellow, it looks like they were designed to be that color. :P

Only in that one picture though.  The rest of the pictures just make them look yellowed, not yellow.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline E3E

« Reply #204 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 00:59:13 »
Just starting on the final stretch of restoring these puppies:

I'll wait until I'm done to post more pictures. Trying not to go crazy, haha. I've got a few more to go!

They have these lovely switches in them. :)

For every one of these boards, I've done this: taken apart each switch to blast the housings with compressed air JUST to make sure there's no dirt in there.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 March 2016, 01:10:41 by E3E »

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #205 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 16:39:19 »
Please E3E, I'm on the edge here.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #206 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 16:26:18 »
Think I can finally call this finished, now that it has a new badge (thanks E3E!) and some GH caps (thanks JD!)

This board had a ridiculous amount of ping when I got it, so I not only lubed the springs after cleaning out the switches, but took a page out of the Model F book and cut neoprene foam to fit between the PCB and plate. No more ping and it retains the flex it has due to the way the plate is mounted to the top of the case that was lost when I had padded the case with dampening foam. I've been slacking on putting a small build log together, but I might get to that eventually.

| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #207 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 16:37:31 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:52:15 by alienman82 »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #208 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 16:48:13 »
Think I can finally call this finished, now that it has a new badge (thanks E3E!) and some GH caps (thanks JD!)

This board had a ridiculous amount of ping when I got it, so I not only lubed the springs after cleaning out the switches, but took a page out of the Model F book and cut neoprene foam to fit between the PCB and plate. No more ping and it retains the flex it has due to the way the plate is mounted to the top of the case that was lost when I had padded the case with dampening foam. I've been slacking on putting a small build log together, but I might get to that eventually.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

looks like that was a lot of work!  Really nice!

Looks like all that work paid off though, board looks amazing.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline E3E

« Reply #209 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 19:15:27 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Cool man! Nice to see the finishing touches on that restoration/personalization. What did you paint the plate with? :D

Also, what was your source for the neoprene foam? That's a fantastic idea. Did you cut that all out by hand? How does one go about that process?

Yeah, the cool thing about any metal-backed boards is that they're typically always top-mounted like that because the metal portion is usually just a simple stamped sheet, so it has no stand-offs. I'm not sure which I like more, top or bottom mounted PCBs, but I definitely like metal-backed vintages. :)

Do you use this one a lot, pr0xy?

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #210 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 20:08:11 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Cool man! Nice to see the finishing touches on that restoration/personalization. What did you paint the plate with? :D

Also, what was your source for the neoprene foam? That's a fantastic idea. Did you cut that all out by hand? How does one go about that process?

Yeah, the cool thing about any metal-backed boards is that they're typically always top-mounted like that because the metal portion is usually just a simple stamped sheet, so it has no stand-offs. I'm not sure which I like more, top or bottom mounted PCBs, but I definitely like metal-backed vintages. :)

Do you use this one a lot, pr0xy?

I used a purple Krylon rust protector spraypaint for the plate. Normally I use Rustoleum, but they didn't have a purple I liked. It worked pretty alright, tough to know if the few spots that didn't get great coverage were due to the paint or my inadequate surface prep.

The neoprene is the EPDM mix often recommended for IBM foam replacement from McMaster Carr: http://www.mcmaster.com/#8647k102/=xtbelw I used an exacto knife and used the unpainted plate as a stencil on the foam, it matched things up surprisingly well to my pleasant surprise. Can't really speak to how effective the foam is vs. just the lube on the springs, but something there worked well :)

It's in my work rotation, I've been trying to use a different board every other week or so. Had this one in the office for closer to a month :) Really fantastic, totally sold me on Green SKCL Alps. The doubleshot keycaps also sound and feel great, though they were surprisingly thin. I'm a sucker for ABS though.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #211 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 05:06:33 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That's just awesome man
how's the feel of the green alps now?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #212 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 22:09:39 »

It's beautiful - great work man.  :thumb:  Also really nice pictures.  :)

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #213 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 16:09:55 »
My production Monarch in Burnt Bronze with SKCM Blues  ;D

'91 Model M SSK | NerD 60 (MX Greens) | Realforce 87U 55g | Winkeyless B.87 (MX Greens) | Monarch Matias Custom | HHKB | Duck Octagon (67g Zealios)

Offline E3E

« Reply #214 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 16:37:28 »

Show Image

ITSHAPPENING.gif

Despite not being a part of the buy myself, I'm excited to see this one finally come together. Great work, pear man!

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #215 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 04:00:14 »

Finished board by thosepeoples, on Flickr

Booty Shot by thosepeoples, on Flickr

It's finished.... My Orion v2 w/ SKCL greens and a SKCL yellow on spacebar :cool: :cool:
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline E3E

« Reply #216 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 04:57:42 »
Show Image

Show Image

It's finished.... My Orion v2 w/ SKCL greens and a SKCL yellow on spacebar :cool: :cool:

Brotherman, tell me you like it more than Cherry! DO IT NAAAAO!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: >:D >:D >:D

Looking good though. Got some caps from a beige SGI Granite, eh? Where are the extra arrow keys from that you used for the 1u spaces on the bottom row? :D

And nice touch with the Zenith sticker! You've resurrected the ZKB-2 with the Orion v2!

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #217 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 05:06:50 »
Show Image

Show Image

Really really beautiful mane!

Offline S1llyC0ne

« Reply #218 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 05:23:07 »

Show Image

Show Image

Dayum !

Dat keyboard...

Offline lolpes

« Reply #219 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 05:39:40 »
This will be mine soon but with the Tai-Hao Aruz switch :3

Mainly got it for the awesome caps!

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #220 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 05:41:48 »

Show Image

Show Image

The keycaps is really thick mane
The thickest keycaps I've ever seen that use alps mount

Offline SJHL

« Reply #221 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 10:48:13 »
Show Image

Show Image

That badge is a nice touch!

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #222 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:19:56 »
Brotherman, tell me you like it more than Cherry! DO IT NAAAAO!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: >:D >:D >:D

Looking good though. Got some caps from a beige SGI Granite, eh? Where are the extra arrow keys from that you used for the 1u spaces on the bottom row? :D

And nice touch with the Zenith sticker! You've resurrected the ZKB-2 with the Orion v2!

Definitely enjoying the alps linears more than any clicky cherry switch I've used :thumb: but I'm not too sure if I prefer them over linear cherries. Pretty even in my book so far. I do feel like there's a bit more travel on the alps switches which feels really nice. The 1u keys are just from a random chicony keyboard I had, I want to make a couple blanks or something though cause it looks a little weird with the arrow keys.

Dayum !
Show Image

Dat keyboard...

Really really beautiful mane!

That badge is a nice touch!

Thanks guys! I really to get that badge to embedded to make it look nicer but I can wait on that.
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #223 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:22:39 »

Show Image

Show Image

ohhh thats sick didn't know they made double shot alps

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #224 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 22:15:45 »

Damn that logo is pretty fuggin sick  :rolleyes:

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #225 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 23:00:31 »

Show Image

Show Image

ohhh thats sick didn't know they made double shot alps
Doubleshot alps are not rare but thick doubleshot alps are rare.

Most alps board is thin double shot caps which is really cheap feeling

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #226 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 16:21:29 »

Show Image

I really like this keyboard! Maybe I'll see one in the future  :)

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #227 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 16:05:46 »
I finally got around to taking some pictures of my kb45p build.  I'm using my GF's Alpine Winter set on it currently.  I will make the switch to a set of Dell AT101W caps after she returns from the far distant lands of Canadia and I can put on her nice caps for her.

My plates are painted.  The top plate, which is mostly covered by the caps, has a black and dark blue enamel coating I added with an airbrush.  I put a topcoat of nitrocellulose on it to give it the texture I like.  I had airbrush issues while painting the last coat, so I had to switch to spray paint.  For this I instead used a coat of solid dark blue spray paint, then dustings of white and baby blue to give it a speckled finish that catches the light well.  After that I put the same nitrocellulose coating on the paint, and this caused some issues.

As you can see, the nitrocellulose dissolved the spray paint and left it with very obvious brush strokes when I put on the clear coat.  At first, I was pretty pissed about this.  Over time and use, I have relented.  The strong brush strokes give it a shapeless quality I sort of enjoy.  Additionally, since this is my de facto travel board, I'm not mortified when it gets the occasional ding or scuff. 

Overall, it is the perfect travel board.  It weighs in at 296.00 g, making it super light for carrying.  Considering my 60% I'm using right now weighs >1kg, this is a big difference.  I use it with one of those convenient OTG USB cable so I am able to use my Nexus 10 like a laptop for writing and editing on the go or with it plugged into my phone, text with the GF.

My current complaints with the board are mostly layout related.  The lack of an apostrophe key really messes me up.  Many a text with the GF has been sent too soon because I press Enter when I only intended to use a contraction.  Other layout issues, such as the HHKB arrow key locations, are fixable with custom programming.  As such, they aren't worth mentioning.  However, I am not able to reprogram yet, as the ARM architecture on this board seems to be tripping me up.  I don't have much/any experience working outside of AVR, and my skills in that are novice at best.  Between issues with the gcc toolchain not behaving on Windows and some 32-bit errors on my 64-bit linux box, the reprogramming just hasn't happened yet.  Hopefully it will soon.

Thanks again to Flabbergast for this little creation.  I'm glad I could help with the plates to make this cute little board happen.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #228 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 19:27:34 »

From first to last. The F row on this contains the first Alps novelties ever made as far as I can tell on geekhack as well as the latest.

Escape through F10 are from booper's cmykeydelic sale which went down a couple weeks ago.

F11 and F12 came off a geekhack spacesaver which as far as I can tell, was one of the earliest GBs on geekhack which included custom stuff. Came with a canvas bag and some Alps doubleshots, which were definitely the first Alps novelties ever made....I think lol.

Plus the board just looks lovely ;).
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 May 2016, 19:32:05 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #229 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 19:36:31 »
Show Image

From first to last. The F row on this contains the first Alps novelties ever made as far as I can tell on geekhack as well as the latest.

Escape through F10 are from booper's cmykeydelic sale which went down a couple weeks ago.

F11 and F12 came off a geekhack spacesaver which as far as I can tell, was one of the earliest GBs on geekhack which included custom stuff. Came with a canvas bag and some Alps doubleshots, which were definitely the first Alps novelties ever made....I think lol.

Plus the board just looks lovely ;).

Great looking board CPT!  Very jealous of all the custom alps love.  I wish I could find a set of those green caps from the OG buy, love the shade of green.
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #230 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 19:38:34 »
Great looking board CPT!  Very jealous of all the custom alps love.  I wish I could find a set of those green caps from the OG buy, love the shade of green.

I'd give you a set of the green caps but they were absurdly hard to track down :(. Thanks for the kind words too bud :).

Offline E3E

« Reply #231 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 20:44:45 »

My big heavyweight blue Alps Orion v2. Hotswap modded as well.

Also hand cut a copper plate for my Orion v2 as well~

I really need to make a build log.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #232 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 20:53:04 »
Build log please E3E  :eek:

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #233 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 18:16:46 »
If be really interested in a build log of that too.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #234 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 18:23:07 »
Hot tamale, E3E.

Offline spwath

« Reply #235 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 14:49:06 »
Apple Adjustable Keyboard with ALPS SKFS
138513-0
138515-1
138517-2

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #236 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 15:20:13 »
Sadly, this guy doesn't see much use anymore.  :'(

Its the bottom one for those unaware.
the only pic I have of the sweet sweet board.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #237 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 15:52:37 »

Show Image

That bottom one is the one that caught my eye, too. Looks lovely. What switches?

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #238 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 15:55:14 »

Show Image

That bottom one is the one that caught my eye, too. Looks lovely. What switches?
Thanks bud,  It's click modded damp creams.

Sent from my local payphone

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #239 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 16:03:53 »
I only have 2 Alps boards left.  GHSS and Filco Zero.  GHSS is basically a vintage SIIG Minitouch with some customizations made available to members of Geek Hack some years back (2010 IIRC) by didjamatic via his website (5k177).  It has built in numpad layer and dedicated arrow keys. 

Excerption from his blog:

"The original, Vintage SIIG Minitouch is one of the smallest, if not the smallest fully mechanical keyboard ever made.  Not to be confused with the later made Minitouch Plus which is not a mechanical keyboard.  The Original, Vintage SIIG Minitouch is incredibly well built, very sturdy and houses ALPS-style micro switches that Northgate and Vintage keyboard fans have touted for decades.  These particular switches provide very tactile response and a distinct audible click that is very clean compared to many variations of ALPS switches.  These don't have the "frictiony" feel that many sliders have."

Geek Hack Space Saver

Filco Zero is well, it's a Filco. lol  Oh and it's discontinued.  :) 

From Keyboardco:

The Zero Series "Tenkeyless" has the same reduced footprint 87 key form as Majestouch models, but instead uses clicky XM white mechanical switches. N-key Rollover is standard functionality and this board has textured keycaps.
N-key Rollover allows multiple simultaneous key presses to be recognized by your computer. True N-key Rollover works only with the included PS/2 adapter. Using the USB connection will limit the N-key Rollover function to 6 keys at a time.  USB with PS/2 adapter (PS/2 must be used for full N-key Rollover).
  • 87 Key US ANSI Layout
  • XM White key switches with clicky mechanical feel, 3.5mm travel, 20 million actuations
  • Blue LEDs
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 May 2016, 16:28:21 by reaper »
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #240 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 21:43:51 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:05:55 by alienman82 »

Offline tintoret

« Reply #241 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 21:54:34 »

Show Image

What do you think of them? I pulled some to click mod for a 60% (if I can get a plate), but have been thinking about maybe using something else.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #242 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 22:07:26 »

Show Image

What do you think of them? I pulled some to click mod for a 60% (if I can get a plate), but have been thinking about maybe using something else.
I like em alot! I know they're not popular among Alps enthusiasts though. 

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #243 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 23:06:59 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:05:50 by alienman82 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #244 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 23:11:38 »
I only have 2 Alps boards left.  GHSS and Filco Zero.  GHSS is basically a vintage SIIG Minitouch with some customizations made available to members of Geek Hack some years back (2010 IIRC) by didjamatic via his website (5k177).  It has built in numpad layer and dedicated arrow keys. 

Excerption from his blog:

"The original, Vintage SIIG Minitouch is one of the smallest, if not the smallest fully mechanical keyboard ever made.  Not to be confused with the later made Minitouch Plus which is not a mechanical keyboard.  The Original, Vintage SIIG Minitouch is incredibly well built, very sturdy and houses ALPS-style micro switches that Northgate and Vintage keyboard fans have touted for decades.  These particular switches provide very tactile response and a distinct audible click that is very clean compared to many variations of ALPS switches.  These don't have the "frictiony" feel that many sliders have."

Geek Hack Space Saver

Show Image

Filco Zero is well, it's a Filco. lol  Oh and it's discontinued.  :) 

From Keyboardco:

The Zero Series "Tenkeyless" has the same reduced footprint 87 key form as Majestouch models, but instead uses clicky XM white mechanical switches. N-key Rollover is standard functionality and this board has textured keycaps.
N-key Rollover allows multiple simultaneous key presses to be recognized by your computer. True N-key Rollover works only with the included PS/2 adapter. Using the USB connection will limit the N-key Rollover function to 6 keys at a time.  USB with PS/2 adapter (PS/2 must be used for full N-key Rollover).
  • 87 Key US ANSI Layout
  • XM White key switches with clicky mechanical feel, 3.5mm travel, 20 million actuations
  • Blue LEDs
Show Image

nice.  I soon will show off my LZ GH with SKCM brown alps

****ing sorry I've said this so much.  If hat bothers you you have way to much to complain about.

Did you quote the right text?

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #245 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 23:13:09 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:05:47 by alienman82 »

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #246 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 23:14:17 »
^ Haha it's all good.  ;)  I was about to say you have nothing to be sorry about. lol  Oh and can't wait to see that LZ GH.  :thumb:
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
Post your ALPS keyboard
« Reply #247 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 23:16:51 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:05:45 by alienman82 »

Offline E3E

« Reply #248 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 00:07:00 »

Thank you to Spamray for the MXAlps Leeku 3000 PCB!  :thumb:

Don't think he ever checks the Alps threads though, haha.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 June 2016, 00:08:51 by E3E »

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #249 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 08:31:06 »
 :eek: :-X  >:D

how do you keep doing it E3E?  That is the coolest NCR adaptation I have ever seen.

Also are those FAME caps?  I would love a set of those.  I guess you were the guy that Dra sent them to?

I never noticed the little wrist incline on the NCR case... Looks nice.