Author Topic: SKIDATA PS/2 in the wild  (Read 3360 times)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: SKIDATA PS/2 in the wild
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 15:30:39 »
Almost $200 with shipping tho  :(
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 16:06:23 »
What is a decent price for one of these behemoths?

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 19:21:34 »
These people have sold these keyboards for quite a while, increasing the price essentially every batch

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 21:17:11 »
These people have sold these keyboards for quite a while, increasing the price essentially every batch

Dunno about that... It's what they sold them for last year, isn't it? Actually a bit less, if anything.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 17:21:25 »
Oh, I had just assumed they would increase price; haven't actually compared... Thanks for the correction.

Offline odd

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 01:46:17 »
The pics are misleading. I bought 2 of these Skidata keyboards for the keycaps, cherry clears and the relegendable keys. All the keys have some degree of shine but not too terrible it seems like the ones this guy is selling that the trackball and the relegendable keys got the most use. Some denture tabs and gentle cleaning got them almost 100%. The cases were in perfect condition and same with the PCB. Dirty as hell but usable if needed. The 2 I bought also had screw in stabs which was a nice surprise and last thing the format is qwertz despite the pics.

All in all I paid just under $200 to have shipped to the states and I have no regrets. I feel like I got my monies worth based on what I could take from the boards. If you have any questions let me know I'll be happy to answer the best I can.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 15:12:02 »
The pics are misleading. I bought 2 of these Skidata keyboards for the keycaps, cherry clears and the relegendable keys. All the keys have some degree of shine but not too terrible it seems like the ones this guy is selling that the trackball and the relegendable keys got the most use. Some denture tabs and gentle cleaning got them almost 100%. The cases were in perfect condition and same with the PCB. Dirty as hell but usable if needed. The 2 I bought also had screw in stabs which was a nice surprise and last thing the format is qwertz despite the pics.

All in all I paid just under $200 to have shipped to the states and I have no regrets. I feel like I got my monies worth based on what I could take from the boards. If you have any questions let me know I'll be happy to answer the best I can.

Thank you for the clarification

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 15:40:12 »
The pics are misleading... The cases were in perfect condition and same with the PCB. Dirty as hell but usable if needed... All in all I paid just under $200 to have shipped to the states...

What?? But the listing says their condition is "Seller Refurbished". "Refurbished" means restored to as much like new as possible—in particular, thoroughly cleaned. That's obviously not true here, and the seller should have listed them as simply "Used".

And you paid nearly $200 in shipping?? Why? The shipping amount indicated in the listing is $4.47 per board, so it should've been half as much as that. What happened? Did the wrong shipping amount simply appear in your bill? Or did the seller raise it somehow?

I can't tell you what to do—but if a seller did this to me, I'd be mad. I'd take photos of the boards exactly how I received them, contact the seller, attach the photos, and ask for a partial refund (of an amount you think is fair). They sold you something you didn't receive, and it'll take extra work for you to restore them to that condition.

I'd also request that the excess shipping charges be refunded. There's no reason you should've paid twice as much as the listing said.

By contacting the seller as soon as possible, your complaint is recorded in eBay's system. If the seller doesn't give you a refund within a reasonable amount of time—e.g. 3 business days—you can call eBay and ask them to step in.

Considering the premium prices you paid for these boards, and to have them shipped to you, I wouldn't hesitate to do this. It's your right as an eBay buyer who wanted a fair, open deal.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 15:57:59 »
I bought mine from the very same vendor a while ago and it arrived in almost pristine condition. Keycaps didn't shine, there is no dent in the trackball and the case is undamaged.
More or less half of the relegendable keys didn't have a cover but I'm not sure it's a seller fault at all.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 03:09:02 »
Weirdness. Well, let this be a warning to anyone else who orders one: Insist that you get what's offered. In case it helps, here's how you can say it in German, too:

Seien Sie bitte sicher, mir eine Tastatur zu schicken, die sauber ist (überholt), und eine, die alle seine Teile enthält, entsprechend Ihrer Beschreibung.

(It's not necessary to italicize it, though; I did that just for effect.)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 03:24:24 »
They're interesting boards, but for that price, and especially in German, I won't get them. He'll have to drop the price a LOT, which probably won't happen.
Check my keyboard video reviews: