Author Topic: Would you recommend the Novatouch TKL?  (Read 22529 times)

Offline LuckerCat

Would you recommend the Novatouch TKL?
« on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 17:01:10 »
I'm a guy who knows a lot about a lot of things technology-related, but I've never really learned a lot about keyboards. I generally just look up reviews from smart people (like you guys), but the keyboard, and never look back. Now that my current quickfire stealth TKL is getting old, I want to make an informed buying decision.

I use my keyboard primarily for typing but also for some gaming on the side. I absolutely need tenkeyless (I have never and will never use a numberpad and I prefer the extra space on my desk). I want a keyboard with the "ultimate" typing experience and my budget is $250. Would you recommend the Novatouch TKL?

I don't know the difference between Topre and Cherry MX, but so far the reviews I have read swear by Topre being a better typing experience. Also, I read in a review on Amazon that if you do purchase the Novatouch TKL you will want to replace the default keycaps. What kind of keycaps should I replace them with? Just to clarify, I am not just trying to use this forum as a crutch rather than reading reviews. The problem with the majority of reviews is that they don't actually compare the product to a competitor - they just review the product at hand. While I'm sure the Novatouch TKL is a fine keyboard, I'm most interested in whether or not it is the best option in my price range.

I'm a complete newb when it comes to keyboards and I appreciate any help in advance!
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 November 2014, 17:04:21 by LuckerCat »

Offline jacobolus

Re: Would you recommend the Novatouch TKL?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 17:04:44 »
There are at least 4–5 existing threads of novatouch discussion and reviews. If you do a search (either through geekhack’s search feature, or e.g. by doing a google search for «novatouch site:geekhack.org») I’m sure you can find some helpful advice/info.

Personally, my recommendation is: you need to try a keyboard to see if you like it. Keyboard preferences are not at all consistent from one person to another.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 17:26:51 »
Here are some relevant threads:
1) 56756 “CM Storm Novatouch”
2) 56838 “CM Storm Novatouch Pre-Launch Showcase & First Impressions & Typing test”
3) 59798 “Linustechtips reviews the Novatouch”
4) 61075 “CMStorm Novatouch Unbox and Review”
5) 62407 “CM Novatouch Review”
6) 63073 “mkawa's long-term review of the CM Storm Novatouch TKL”
7) 63902 “Cooler Master Novatouch vs Realforce 87U and some other things.”
8] 64602 “CM Storm Novatouch Tour - Sign Up Now!”
9) 64855 “Yet another CM Novatouch TKL Review”

By the way, welcome to Geekhack! :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 November 2014, 17:39:15 by jacobolus »

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 17:57:45 »
I would really recommend this review by Matt3o: http://deskthority.net/review-f45/my-take-at-novatouch-t8906.html
Tldr: it's decent, but overpriced and not worth it in comparison to the Realforce for example.

Offline Moralless

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 17:59:34 »
I would really recommend this review by Matt3o: http://deskthority.net/review-f45/my-take-at-novatouch-t8906.html
Tldr: it's decent, but overpriced and not worth it in comparison to the Realforce for example.

Overpriced even for $169 on amazon?

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 18:03:56 »
Overpriced even for $169 on amazon?

It's not my review ;)

Quoting Matt3o:
It's a $199 keyboard, with ABS keycaps and subpar topre implementation. For the same price you get a Realforce that is less pretty and the case is less sturdy, bust still has a better overall typing feel and PBT keycaps (!).

So yeah, 169$ is probably more appropriate.

Offline dante

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 18:37:57 »
Coolermaster should try a "barebones" NovaTouch: No keycaps / accessories and shipped in a plain brown cardboard box for $149.99.

Offline Veridis

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 19:27:33 »
Wow that's a good price on Amazon..

If you live in the US (lucky!) you should take advantage of the excellent return policy places like Amazon has.

I have both the Realforce and Novatouch. The Realforce is harder to customize because of the price/availability of topre keycaps, but they come with the best feeling keycaps I've tried..

It is also slightly quieter than the Novatouch. The Novatouch really changes a lot depending on the keycaps you put on it.

I do think topre is better than MX for typing and totally fine for gaming. But what I found was that this is a very subjective hobby and often you find yourself not liking something a lot of people rave about on the forums.

My Realforce 87u 45g is used at work because I wouldn't want to add fancy keycaps and attract attention and because it is slightly quiter.

The Novatouch is used at home with engraved keycaps, which are almost blank. I plan to add some cheap novelty keycaps later.

« Last Edit: Sun, 09 November 2014, 19:40:00 by Veridis »
Ducky Shine 3 TKL (MX Brown) | CM Rapid-i (MX Brown) | Realforce 87u 45g Uniform | CM Novatouch | Ducky Zero TKL (MX Brown) | Das Keyboard III (MX Blue)

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 19:35:02 »
No because linear is better :P

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 21:16:19 »

The problem with the Realforce is that you cannot get it with the keycaps of your choice. I'm not talking about aesthetics. It's not just about replacing the keycaps with prettier ones.

It's about getting keycaps for your language. I cannot get AZERTY keycaps for my RF87U, for example. My RF87U is covered with stickers. That's how I have converted it to AZERTY.

There is an AZERTY model of the Realforce, the RF88, but it has ridiculous unreadable black on black keycaps. I know, I have one.

In this sense, there is no way the Realforce can be favorably compared to the Novatouch: the Realforce simply cannot do something that I need. The Novatouch can.

I have a set of AZERTY SA tall spherical doubleshot keycaps that are just waiting for my Novatouch to arrive.

Even if the Novatouch is not as good as the Realforce, if it's close enough, it will win. I may also be able to mod it to close the gap with the Realforce, who knows.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 01:13:33 »

The problem with the Realforce is that you cannot get it with the keycaps of your choice. I'm not talking about aesthetics. It's not just about replacing the keycaps with prettier ones.

It's about getting keycaps for your language. I cannot get AZERTY keycaps for my RF87U, for example. My RF87U is covered with stickers. That's how I have converted it to AZERTY.

There is an AZERTY model of the Realforce, the RF88, but it has ridiculous unreadable black on black keycaps. I know, I have one.

In this sense, there is no way the Realforce can be favorably compared to the Novatouch: the Realforce simply cannot do something that I need. The Novatouch can.

I have a set of AZERTY SA tall spherical doubleshot keycaps that are just waiting for my Novatouch to arrive.

Even if the Novatouch is not as good as the Realforce, if it's close enough, it will win. I may also be able to mod it to close the gap with the Realforce, who knows.

Did you receive your Novatouch, buddy?
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Hogesyx

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 03:22:26 »
Read all the reviews, still asking this question myself everyday.

To buy or not to buy.
Novatouch TKL | Ducky YOTR (Brown) | Ducky Shine (Brown)
Poker II (Red) | GH60 revchn (Clear)

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 03:54:53 »

The majority of GH is american. Not everybody needs special layouts. A good point though I suppose.

Also you should really learn touch typing, I type on a keyboard with US ANSI layout and legends everyday although I use the german layout - I don't mind. I also script almost everyday and I know the symbols as well (a lot of them with Ctrl+Alt instead of AltGr). It's all about practice! :thumb:

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 06:28:15 »

Not yet. It's taking its time.

Apparently it is on the edge of delivery, but given that it has taken the customs more than a week to clear the package, anything can happen.

It's been 3 weeks now and tomorrow is a holiday here.

My guess is that I'll receive it this week.

Anyway, thanks again! :)

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 06:49:17 »

The majority of GH is american. Not everybody needs special layouts. A good point though I suppose.

Also you should really learn touch typing, I type on a keyboard with US ANSI layout and legends everyday although I use the german layout - I don't mind. I also script almost everyday and I know the symbols as well (a lot of them with Ctrl+Alt instead of AltGr). It's all about practice! :thumb:

I can type without looking at the keyboard, but the truth is that I'm faster when I allow myself to look at it.

It's all about feeling comfortable on my keyboard, not about mastering the art of touch-typing.

I program in C, Objective-C and C#, and even bash, and I don't want to dedicate more of my brain and my energy to the keyboard when I'm working. Most of my time on the computer is spent thinking, not typing, and when I type the keyboard must not get in the way and distract me. I often look at the keyboard because it's easier for me this way. It's less disruptive than bringing up a mental image of the keyboard.

I adapt the keyboard to me, not the opposite.

I also prefer the ANSI layout, so I must be one of the very few people in the world using AZERTY on ANSI (normally, AZERTY exists only in ISO layout). You are probably one of the few people in the world using QWERTZ on ANSI with non-matching keycaps. :)

For me, being able to customize the keycaps is mandatory.

I love Cherry MX and Topre boards, and until now only my Cherry MX ones could get proper keycaps. The Novatouch is good news for my Topre addiction.

Well... I should probably wait until I receive the keyboard. The Realforce being my reference for Topre, the bar is set very high for the Novatouch.

Offline Veridis

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 06:53:16 »
Read all the reviews, still asking this question myself everyday.

To buy or not to buy.
Yea it is really difficult to decide such things. Because I haven't tried topre before, I read all reviews, watched youtube videos, went down to a shop twice to try it for 10mins and was still undecided.

Ultimately it was curiosity that led to my purchase, and I was planning to sell it after a few months. Ended up liking topre slightly more than MX.

I suspect LuckerCat would need to take a similar gamble x_x
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 November 2014, 06:55:42 by Veridis »
Ducky Shine 3 TKL (MX Brown) | CM Rapid-i (MX Brown) | Realforce 87u 45g Uniform | CM Novatouch | Ducky Zero TKL (MX Brown) | Das Keyboard III (MX Blue)

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 06:57:31 »
I often look at the keyboard because it's easier for me this way. It's less disruptive than bringing up a mental image of the keyboard.

I do sometimes too. But even though I see different characters on the keycaps, I know which key to press. It's like seeing the right characters without them actually being there - sounds weird but that's how it is for me.

Well... I should probably wait until I receive the keyboard. The Realforce being my reference for Topre, the bar is set very high for the Novatouch.

You should write a review then when you receive it :thumb:

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 09:32:17 »

I just got it.

My first impressions are:
- Classy box. I hope it doesn't cost as much to produce as the provided keycaps.
- Solid build.
- No quality issue as far as I can tell.
- The Topre thock is clearly there.
- It's a little bit noisy.

If I manage to silence it well enough, I can see it replacing my Realforce.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 10:10:12 »
The CM Novatouch provides a better typing experience than I have encountered with any Cherry mx keyboard, but not as good as those with non-hybrid Topre switches, such as the HHKB Pro 2, HHKB Pro 2 Type-S, Leopold FC660C, RF 87u 45g, or RF 87u 55g.

The main feature of the Novatouch is the ability to populate it with Cherry mx keycaps (although it will NOT work with Topre keycaps).

I am hoping that there will be a "Novatouch 2.0" that will address the issues and shortcomings of the first version.

Even so, I have sold all my Cherry mx boards and kept my Topre boards, including the Novatouch.

Offline skuko

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 05:04:55 »
my very first and very fresh novatouch TKL impressions:

1. i already own a FC660C
2. got this NT a couple of minutes ago, i'm at work right now, normally using a MX black filco

- feels very different to the leopold, lighter (considering that both should be 45g)
- all keys have a louder audible feedback (i.e rattling) than the leo (with default caps at least, will have to test at home tomorrow thick pbt caps
- will reserve my judgement after i've tested them both side by side, but so far, i think matt3o was spot-on in his review

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 05:06:15 »
Has anyone tried to put o-rings on the stabs to reduce the clack?
I would assume that annoying clack is because the stems aren't actually attached to the stabilizers and they're constantly hitting them. Could be wrong though.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline skuko

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 05:13:47 »
dunno....the thing is that the rattling is louder also on the normal keys, not just the stabilized ones. i think it's a combination of the different stem and the keycap material...

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 05:15:20 »
dunno....the thing is that the rattling is louder also on the normal keys, not just the stabilized ones. i think it's a combination of the different stem and the keycap material...

Do the stems not have good tolerances? They could be wobbly or something.
I doubt it could be the material when people are using PBT caps on them.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline skuko

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 05:48:01 »
i don't know really, just had it for like 2 hours, literally. only with default caps so far.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 09:04:28 »

is it avaible in ISO version already ?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 09:59:30 »

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 10:16:09 »
yes
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline skuko

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 09:30:00 »
so....having used the novatouch for a couple of hours with the thick PBT keys on, i can safely say that i will be selling it in the classifieds very soon.

it's by no means a bad board, but if you already own a topre board, you're better off with it, than NT. i have a FC660C and it's way better to type on, i can't put my finger on why, but the tactility seems much better, the keys are snappier, and there's way less rattle on the longer keys (yes i know that topre boards only have stabilizers on the spacebar).

so i guess i will offer the same advice as matt3o: if you already have a topre board, don't bother. if you don't, you might as well get it.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 11:31:52 »
Because I don't like Cherry mx switches, but I have several sets of nice Cherry mx keycaps, I might keep my Novatouch as the only keyboard that I could use with my Cherry-compatible keycaps. But for the best Topre experience, I have my HHKB Pro 2 for a 60% and my RF 87ub 55g for a TKL.

However, the CM NT is now available for $168.99 on Amazon, and with Amazon Prime, I think that shipping is free. It might be worth considering at this price, especially if you do not already have a good Topre-switch board and if you don't particularly like Cherry mx switches.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 November 2014, 07:48:02 by Hypersphere »

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 21:56:39 »

is it avaible in ISO version already ?

I think they plan to sell it in ISO, but I'm not sure it's available at this time. If it's not already, it should be very soon. I have received a promo email for CM and they already have a long list of resellers in Europe.

I did not need to wait, because I use AZERTY on the ANSI layout. Yeah, I know, it's a bit weird, but I prefer the ANSI layout with its big Shifts, and with Cherry MX keycaps you can easily set up an ANSI board in AZERTY.

I have Filco tall spherical doubleshot keycaps on my Novatouch now. It really looks and sounds like a vintage keyboard! :)

Nice look, but it's way too noisy. I must silence it, and I'm not sure I'll be able to keep these keycaps on it, because they make much more noise than the standard ones.

It's obvious the rattle on the stabilized keys comes from the wire inside. This should be easy to silence with thick silicone grease.

The keyboard also obviously needs padding inside the case. But it will not be enough. It needs landing pads inside the Topre switches, which requires a complete disassembly of the keyboard. It should not be a problem, but I need a free evening to do it correctly.

I'm afraid that even with these mods it will not be as silent as my silenced Realforce and FC660C. However, It should be decent. We will see.

Offline Hogesyx

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 00:05:02 »
Just an update guys.

Novatouch = Purchased!

Tested it out at the shop, they have a demo set there. Was immediately sold. It feels really good, I had only used MX switches before, the closest equivalent would be ergo clear I guess with an organic feel to it.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 01:28:19 »

I did not need to wait, because I use AZERTY on the ANSI layout. Yeah, I know, it's a bit weird, but I prefer the ANSI layout with its big Shifts, and with Cherry MX keycaps you can easily set up an ANSI board in AZERTY.

I'm curious about how you deal with the 2 missing keys :
[> <] and [* µ ] ? are you using a remmaping software ?
IS the key above Return bound to something ?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 03:08:08 »
It needs landing pads inside the Topre switches, which requires a complete disassembly of the keyboard. It should not be a problem, but I need a free evening to do it correctly.

Never seen landing pads get used on Topre switches, is that even possible in terms of spacing? Guess you'll find out.

I'm curious about how you deal with the 2 missing keys :
[> <] and [* µ ] ? are you using a remmaping software ?
IS the key above Return bound to something ?

The key above Enter is bound to [* µ].

Offline intelli78

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 03:47:32 »
Never seen landing pads get used on Topre switches, is that even possible in terms of spacing? Guess you'll find out.

Yes, he developed the method: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49046.0
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 04:34:52 »
I just noticed that the NT is available at my local store since Tuesday.
Since I bought my first Cherry MX board I'd love to try a Topre one. But I can't decide which one: the RealForce 88UB 45g or the NT ...
So far Spicebar if you don't mod the NT, do you think the RF is above? As far as I remember you modded your RF so I don't know if you can tell really but I still ask the question.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 04:41:03 »
We are talking about ldlc right ?
I'll wait until they have stock at the Lyon store , so I can try them out .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 04:43:49 »
Yes, he developed the method: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49046.0

Oh I thought he wanted to dampen the downstroke.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 05:01:48 »

Yeah you are right. Do you think they will put it in the shop? Before I bought my Cherry MX from them I was able to try the Red and Black. However even though they had Blues and Browns in stock they didn't have any to test in the shop.

Are you living in Lyon as well?

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 05:27:55 »

Yeah you are right. Do you think they will put it in the shop? Before I bought my Cherry MX from them I was able to try the Red and Black. However even though they had Blues and Browns in stock they didn't have any to test in the shop.

Are you living in Lyon as well?
No I'm just there sometimes for school .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 07:12:47 »
LDLC should have available stock by Monday. I don't know about their physical outlets though. My contact explained to me the demand is much higher than expected so everybody has to make due with limited availability to start with.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 November 2014, 07:20:17 by _PixelNinja »

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 07:17:56 »
LDLC should have available stock by Monday. I don't know about their physical outlets though. My contact explained to me the demand is much higher than expected everybody has to make due with limited availability to start with.

yeah their website is showing avaibility for 17/11 .

I hope they'll have a demo board in store , I'll contact them .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 07:29:01 »

Would you mind telling me what they answer? I am a member over on HFR and if they do have a demo keyboard I could inform people about it for those living close by and who would want to try it out.

I've had my Novatouch since august and although it has it's imperfections it has really grown on me to the point that it has replaced my FILCO as my daily driver for typing and gaming. I'd really like this little keyboard to do well so future iterations could see the improvements it needs to be even better.

Offline Hogesyx

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 08:21:04 »
Would you mind telling me what they answer? I am a member over on HFR and if they do have a demo keyboard I could inform people about it for those living close by and who would want to try it out.

I've had my Novatouch since august and although it has it's imperfections it has really grown on me to the point that it has replaced my FILCO as my daily driver for typing and gaming. I'd really like this little keyboard to do well so future iterations could see the improvements it needs to be even better.

Almost the same reason why I got it. I initially wanted to wait for the next version, but realized that there might not be even a new version if no one buys the current one. The keyboard is definitely not perfect but I can survive without the various locks LED and rattling stabilizers. Once my warranty is over, I will probably mod and fit it.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 08:28:01 »
To be fair though, I did not pay for mine since I have been a tester of the Novatouch for Cooler Master.

For what it is worth, a little bird told me so far it has been selling well and CM are already working on another Topre unit.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 November 2014, 08:30:08 by _PixelNinja »

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 08:46:18 »
To be fair though, I did not pay for mine since I have been a tester of the Novatouch for Cooler Master.

For what it is worth, a little bird told me so far it has been selling well and CM are already working on another Topre unit.
That's good news from the little bird. I would like to see a "Novatouch 2.0" that addresses the issues, shortcomings, and feature requests that have been posted on GH and DT. It would also be great if CM were to produce a 60% model with hybrid Topre switches.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 09:04:58 »
On paper, the Novatouch has most everything I could want in a keyboard, but after watching several typing videos, I simply don't like the way it sounds compared to my Realforces and HHKB. Not even a good quality cap set is enough to mask the fact that, to my ears, the Novatouch seems cheap. If it were priced at $120-$130, I'd take a flyer on it, but it's still a bit pricey for my liking. Even though the HHKB and Realforce are actually pricier, they seem worth the cost because I believe they feel like more premium products.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 09:14:35 »

I wouldn't mind to be updated as well when the intel comes by. By the way, what does HFR stand for?

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 09:15:28 »

Good thing to hear. But I hope I'll be able to land my hand on 1.0.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 09:25:39 »
That's good news from the little bird. I would like to see a "Novatouch 2.0" that addresses the issues, shortcomings, and feature requests that have been posted on GH and DT. It would also be great if CM were to produce a 60% model with hybrid Topre switches.
I have no further information on this subject, but if I was to guess I think the chances are Cooler Master is more likely working on another unit, rather than a Novatouch 2.0.

On paper, the Novatouch has most everything I could want in a keyboard, but after watching several typing videos, I simply don't like the way it sounds compared to my Realforces and HHKB. Not even a good quality cap set is enough to mask the fact that, to my ears, the Novatouch seems cheap. If it were priced at $120-$130, I'd take a flyer on it, but it's still a bit pricey for my liking. Even though the HHKB and Realforce are actually pricier, they seem worth the cost because I believe they feel like more premium products.
I can understand that. It is also what I wrote in my review on a foreign forum. That being said it is still, in my opinion, better than any other Cherry MX keyboard I have used.

I wouldn't mind to be updated as well when the intel comes by. By the way, what does HFR stand for?
C'est l'acronyme de Hardware.fr.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 09:38:45 »
I have no further information on this subject, but if I was to guess I think the chances are Cooler Master is more likely working on another unit, rather than a Novatouch 2.0.

I can understand that. It is also what I wrote in my review on a foreign forum. That being said it is still, in my opinion, better than any other Cherry MX keyboard I have used.

C'est l'acronyme de Hardware.fr.

Merci. Je m'en doutais un peu mais je préfèrais être sûr !