Author Topic: [GB] GMK Necro | Available on Originative.co  (Read 158695 times)

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
Re: [GB] GMK Necro | Available on Originative.co
« Reply #650 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 22:08:22 »
Received my set yesterday. The accent (teal) and mods (gray) look good. I really wish the gray was a bit more washed out like the renders, but atleast they’re not navy blue in person which some photos suggested.

The alphas on the other hand ruin the entire set. They’re green. Light mint green and nowhere near acceptable deviation from the renders which were cream with a very slight hint of green. Lesson learned I suppose to never join a GB without color codes since what was showed to us did not align with the designer’s vision. In hindsight, the reason for not wanting to share color codes should have been a red flag to me.

Going on mechmarket if anyone is interested.

The set went through so many different samples / colours in the sampling process that I just didn't see the point in keeping that constantly updated. I definitely didn't intentionally hold out on what codes were used or anything, just never felt the need I guess? Especially since the colours are physical booklets that don't translate exactly to the comparisons you find online.

If anyone is still interested, the green gray and dark blue RAL. RAL 160 80 20, RAL 240 20 22, RAL 260 40 10 (I'm not 100% sure these are the final colours I went with but this is the only list I can find in my emails) and the blue was colour matched to a gift bag I found in a craft store, since the blue was proving to be really tough.

Sorry to hear you're not satisfied with the set, but I do appreciate your support regardless :)

Offline jessica

« Reply #651 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 22:10:56 »
On an semi related note: If anyone got their Nightcaps Necro caps and is interested in trading for a different sculpt, I got an Idyllwild (I think I spelled that right..) and would love a Menloe, either Eggface, Skullthulu or Fugthulu. Just not interested in the blank unless that was a group with another cap?

Happy new year :)

Offline Starius

« Reply #652 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 22:17:07 »
On an semi related note: If anyone got their Nightcaps Necro caps and is interested in trading for a different sculpt, I got an Idyllwild (I think I spelled that right..) and would love a Menloe, either Eggface, Skullthulu or Fugthulu. Just not interested in the blank unless that was a group with another cap?

Happy new year :)

Is there a place where we can see all these different artisan versions?
This is the one I ended up with.
209598-0

Offline jessica

« Reply #653 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 22:30:28 »
Is there a place where we can see all these different artisan versions?

This is the pic Sheraton gave me!

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #654 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 02:50:09 »
Anyone with the Necro Fugthulu I will trade you the Shell I got, plus some other Etf stuff to balance ;p only interested in the Fug.

Offline Sissy

« Reply #655 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 02:56:16 »
Get my set today, overall pleased and got a Menloe with it so thats even nicer.ETF got the color perfect.
I agree a little bit more washed color on the mods but Everything else is on point and very happy with.

Offline johuu

« Reply #656 on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 09:55:45 »
Received my set yesterday. The accent (teal) and mods (gray) look good. I really wish the gray was a bit more washed out like the renders, but atleast they’re not navy blue in person which some photos suggested.

The alphas on the other hand ruin the entire set. They’re green. Light mint green and nowhere near acceptable deviation from the renders which were cream with a very slight hint of green. Lesson learned I suppose to never join a GB without color codes since what was showed to us did not align with the designer’s vision. In hindsight, the reason for not wanting to share color codes should have been a red flag to me.

The set went through so many different samples / colours in the sampling process that I just didn't see the point in keeping that constantly updated. I definitely didn't intentionally hold out on what codes were used or anything, just never felt the need I guess? Especially since the colours are physical booklets that don't translate exactly to the comparisons you find online.

If anyone is still interested, the green gray and dark blue RAL. RAL 160 80 20, RAL 240 20 22, RAL 260 40 10 (I'm not 100% sure these are the final colours I went with but this is the only list I can find in my emails) and the blue was colour matched to a gift bag I found in a craft store, since the blue was proving to be really tough.

Sorry to hear you're not satisfied with the set, but I do appreciate your support regardless :)

GMK matched the colors very good to the RAL codes, but the codes doesn't match the final color renders at all...I'm very disappointed by the designers color decision.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #657 on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 10:23:19 »

GMK matched the colors very good to the RAL codes, but the codes doesn't match the final color renders at all...I'm very disappointed by the designers color decision.
Agreed. That green RAL is way too green... but the keycaps match damn near perfectly!
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #658 on: Sat, 05 January 2019, 20:01:53 »
Finally got a shipping notification from zFrontier!

EDIT:
So I received my set today. The mod and accent keys are OK, but the alphas were rather disappointing :/
I would either re-use the mods and mix-in a different set of alphas or sell the set entirely. Hmm.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 January 2019, 22:28:13 by Aerizu »