Author Topic: [GB] TR60 integrated plate case & BLE PCB  (Read 87760 times)

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
Re: [GB] TR60 integrated plate case & BLE PCB
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 16:40:02 »
Does the hotswap pcb have leds or underglow?

Offline HamKenobi

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 14:55:16 »
Any update on this bad boy?  ;D

Offline bard

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 12:12:50 »
I do not want to panic but I have not got any reply for 3/4 weeks from TriangleLab.
All we need is an update.

Offline HamKenobi

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 16:40:04 »
Yeah , all we need in an update.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 17:39:42 »
Not sure how I missed this.. I really like this case. May have to look for one aftermarket.

Offline bard

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 03:35:43 »
Not sure how I missed this.. I really like this case. May have to look for one aftermarket.

hmm I have the iron grey version with black and brass back plates + 2x PCB (normal, not BT), interested?

Offline jakl

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 03:37:53 »
Given that there were no updates on the GH thread I dropped an email to TriangleLab and here is what he said.

Sorry for the lack of updates in a period. The main reason is that I was assigned to an frontier provinces for work during these days. The network is so bad here that I could not login any foreign websites smoothly, but you can always get in contact with me through emails.

The progress of TR60 production is basically smooth. Some of the work took more time than I expected tho. The final delivery time could be delayed a little.

Aluminum housings are being CNCed in the factory.

Two features have been added to the wired version PCB.

1) ESC key surrounding RGB backlight. This is a popular feature originated from the Chinese keyboard community. With 4 WS2812 RGB LEDs around the ESC key, the backlight will be more even and brighter.

2) Optional middle USB port module/ daughterboard. In addition to the left side USB port option, middle USB port will also be possible with this module. The keyboard case design was slightly revised for supporting both USB port positions. Of course, Bluetooth PCB also has this feature.

The Bluetooth firmware developers just upgraded the firmware. I am working with them to test the new firmware and debug.

Pictures for the mentioned features: https://imgur.com/a/ozFtWar

Offline bard

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 04:11:15 »
well done jakl!

I've asked TriangleLab only through GH.

Offline bard

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 03:41:08 »
I can leave my order if someone interested:

- iron grey
- black and brass backplates
- 2x PCB (normal, not BT)

just pm me!

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 07:28:50 »
Hello, any update regarding this?

You've mentioned previously that the wired PCB will come with a set of single-colored SMD LEDs and will be available in different color options.
Any information on which colors would be available?

Offline Keebmeupscotty

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 01:12:08 »
Hello, any update regarding this?

You've mentioned previously that the wired PCB will come with a set of single-colored SMD LEDs and will be available in different color options.
Any information on which colors would be available?

I am also curious about the LED choices. Also, it seems like the original estimated ship date is around the 25th of this month. Is there any chance of an update on how much further out before these are ready to ship? I want to make sure that I am paying attention to incoming emails at that time so I don't miss the shipping invoice.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 00:48:36 »
Yep - some indication as to when we can expect the shipping invoice would be great - if there is any update on the manufacturing itself, that would be awesome !

Offline jakl

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 01:43:49 »
Since I already started communicating with Victor, I decided to send him another email. Below is what he said about the wired and bluetooth PCB and estimated production finish. I will post the pictures later, when he sends them to me.

First,about the wired-PCB LED color option.Of course, it still available.I had bought some kind of color SMD LEDs. They are Red,Pink,Golden,Blue,White,Green and Yellow.For users who have purchased a wired version,I will send a statistical form. Btw,I will send the photos of those LED light on the PCB to you tonight.

Second,about the production schedule,in the past Mid-Autumn festival holiday,I went to the factory located in Shenzhen city.According to their internal production schedule,our TR-60 case still need about 10 working days,because of the Chinese National Day holiday——it about 6~7 days——so it will take about  17~20 days.

Third,about the wired PCB,the wired PCB production goes well,and because of the personal SMD LED color option,everyone need solder the LED by yourself.
about the blue-tooth PCB and website, it is the biggest challenge in this project, the firmware engineer re-build more than 1/4 code of the firmware.The website, we had an functional prototype,and now only have Chinese version and not translate to English, and the new GUI is not finish yet.I hope I could give you or some others interesting this website an testing URL and account in 10 days later.

Offline bard

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 03:15:12 »
thanks!

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 03:54:46 »
Since I already started communicating with Victor, I decided to send him another email. Below is what he said about the wired and bluetooth PCB and estimated production finish. I will post the pictures later, when he sends them to me.

First,about the wired-PCB LED color option.Of course, it still available.I had bought some kind of color SMD LEDs. They are Red,Pink,Golden,Blue,White,Green and Yellow.For users who have purchased a wired version,I will send a statistical form. Btw,I will send the photos of those LED light on the PCB to you tonight.

Second,about the production schedule,in the past Mid-Autumn festival holiday,I went to the factory located in Shenzhen city.According to their internal production schedule,our TR-60 case still need about 10 working days,because of the Chinese National Day holiday——it about 6~7 days——so it will take about  17~20 days.

Third,about the wired PCB,the wired PCB production goes well,and because of the personal SMD LED color option,everyone need solder the LED by yourself.
about the blue-tooth PCB and website, it is the biggest challenge in this project, the firmware engineer re-build more than 1/4 code of the firmware.The website, we had an functional prototype,and now only have Chinese version and not translate to English, and the new GUI is not finish yet.I hope I could give you or some others interesting this website an testing URL and account in 10 days later.

Thanks man. You da real mvp.  :thumb:

Offline jakl

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 01:27:07 »
Here is Victor's reply about the LEDs, so you can think about which colors to choose. Below is the imgur link with images.

LEDs are green, blue, pink(looks like purple), yellow, red and white, and according to the supplier said the pink is a little color deviation.
By the way, in the last email I said the color had golden and yellow, but supplier said the two kind of LEDs is very similar light in vision. So finally they are 6 color options.

Color----Green, Pink(Purple),Yellow(Golden), Blue, Red, White.

https://imgur.com/a/1zWELqP

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #116 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 04:15:12 »
Here is Victor's reply about the LEDs, so you can think about which colors to choose. Below is the imgur link with images.

LEDs are green, blue, pink(looks like purple), yellow, red and white, and according to the supplier said the pink is a little color deviation.
By the way, in the last email I said the color had golden and yellow, but supplier said the two kind of LEDs is very similar light in vision. So finally they are 6 color options.

Color----Green, Pink(Purple),Yellow(Golden), Blue, Red, White.

https://imgur.com/a/1zWELqP

Thanks for the update! How will we confirm what colors we'd like? Also, is there an eta for when pcb's can be shipped?

Offline jakl

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 12:18:28 »
As you can see in my previous update he said that he will send a form to those who ordered the wired PCB.
As far as I know Victor still has no access to foreign websites so the only way to communicate with him is through email.
Since I am just a middle man and have nothing to do with the GB it's best if you write him an email for more specific questions.

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 09:15:04 »
As you can see in my previous update he said that he will send a form to those who ordered the wired PCB.
As far as I know Victor still has no access to foreign websites so the only way to communicate with him is through email.
Since I am just a middle man and have nothing to do with the GB it's best if you write him an email for more specific questions.

I tried to email him but he did not respond. Are there any new updates regarding this? o-o

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 22:02:12 »
Yes - some updates on this would be appreciated !!

Offline jakl

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 07:41:23 »
I tried to email him but he did not respond. Are there any new updates regarding this? o-o

He usually needs a few days to answer so it might be a while. He sent me an email on Saturday and a second one on Monday but I haven't had the time to post it here yet. Below are the two emails and attached pictures.

The first batch of five cases had arrived my home and  I found I make a very silly mistake.When used the standard GH60 pcb which used the Mini-USB plug.Between the plastic sheath on the Mini-USB cable and the keyboard case had interference.This is my fault,and I think adjust the size of the back plate will solve this problem.I will send you the new design map snapshot today or tomorrow.

I had adjust the back-plate size and render some pictures.The back-plate is resize from 15 millimeters to 17 millimeters.
You can see an Mini-USB Female Plug in the render picture.I had sent it to the factory and they will fix the wrong back-plate size as sooner as possible.

https://imgur.com/a/7parZSS

I apologize for the late update but I was very busy during the week. It seems that the production is coming to an end and I don't think the backplate problem will add much additional time.

I will write another email to Victor tomorrow (in cca 30h) regarding the ETA on shipping date, so if any of you have any other questions regarding the GB drop me a message on GH and I will include it in the email.

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #121 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 09:12:01 »

He usually needs a few days to answer so it might be a while. He sent me an email on Saturday and a second one on Monday but I haven't had the time to post it here yet. Below are the two emails and attached pictures.

The first batch of five cases had arrived my home and  I found I make a very silly mistake.When used the standard GH60 pcb which used the Mini-USB plug.Between the plastic sheath on the Mini-USB cable and the keyboard case had interference.This is my fault,and I think adjust the size of the back plate will solve this problem.I will send you the new design map snapshot today or tomorrow.

I had adjust the back-plate size and render some pictures.The back-plate is resize from 15 millimeters to 17 millimeters.
You can see an Mini-USB Female Plug in the render picture.I had sent it to the factory and they will fix the wrong back-plate size as sooner as possible.

https://imgur.com/a/7parZSS

I apologize for the late update but I was very busy during the week. It seems that the production is coming to an end and I don't think the backplate problem will add much additional time.

I will write another email to Victor tomorrow (in cca 30h) regarding the ETA on shipping date, so if any of you have any other questions regarding the GB drop me a message on GH and I will include it in the email.

That's great to hear! So I assume these will be shipping in November? :D I'm getting excited already. XD

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 12:55:06 »
looking forward to this !

Offline jakl

« Reply #123 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 02:27:05 »
So I got a mail from Victor today.

And today I will send the wired pcb LED color statistical form by google doc. About the shipping time,the order which is contain with wired PCB will shipping first.

Unfortunately he was pretty vague answering my questions so I hope he will send another mail, but it seems the production is coming to an end and the keyboards should be finished soon.

Offline HamKenobi

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 22:59:49 »
I hate that we have to email him for updates. Thanks to everyone who is doing that for us.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 01:28:35 »
TriangleLab’s last activity was September 3rd? Should I be worried ?
Anyone else get any info shipping ?

Offline jakl

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 11:03:05 »
TriangleLab’s last activity was September 3rd? Should I be worried ?
Anyone else get any info shipping ?

I am the one communicating with him through email. A while back, he said that he got relocated to a remote location, which has poor access to foreign websites, so he isn't able to post to Geekhack.
I will drop him another email during the weekend, hopefully the final one.

It would be good if anyone of you who ordered the wired PCBs, can confirm or deny, that you received a form to choose the LED colors, so we can know everything is going according to plan.
Victor said those should be sent out on 28th of October.

If you are worried you can send him an email, but he takes a few days to answer.

Offline Gobluebro

« Reply #127 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 12:42:41 »
It would be good if anyone of you who ordered the wired PCBs, can confirm or deny, that you received a form to choose the LED colors, so we can know everything is going according to plan.
Victor said those should be sent out on 28th of October.

I have received the form and have filled it out. He sent one email stating:
Hi Everyone,

As mentioned in the GB post on GH, the wired PCB (TR60w) support SINGLE color 3528 LEDs. Each PCB comes with one set of LEDs in one color. As the production is almost done, it's time for you to choose the color of LEDs.

For each wired PCB you ordered, you need to specify the color of LEDs you want.

If you don't fill in this form in time, the LEDs will be white by default.

Here is the URL on the google doc, please fill in this form, and I could buy all the LEDs from the supplier.

By the way, because of the personalization options, the wired PCB's LED should soldering by yourself.

He didn't include the google doc form originally and had a follow up email to include it. Along with this photo

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 12:57:40 »
When are these going to be delivered? May try and keep an eye for after market.

Offline jakl

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 13:10:15 »
When are these going to be delivered? May try and keep an eye for after market.

I think someone was already selling his, even before they are finished. You can check the thread.

I have received the form and have filled it out. He sent one email stating:

He didn't include the google doc form originally and had a follow up email to include it. Along with this photo

Great, so I guess we really are getting close to the shipping date.
I will send one more email to Victor anyway just to check how it's going and report back here in the thread as per usual.

Offline bard

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 16:15:25 »
I got an answer 2 weeks ago when I asked for a minor change for my order.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 23:55:22 »
I sent him an email as well

Offline suddenZenith

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 15:18:15 »
Is it me or the orientation of the hotswap sockets forces the switches to be installed upside down? If this is the case, the hotswap pcb won't be compatible with cherry profile keycaps. I didn't think about this when I jumped in on this GB.

Offline Gobluebro

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 19:17:18 »
...the hotswap pcb won't be compatible with cherry profile keycaps.

Isn't the capability issue only a problem when you have 3mm LEDs? You're talking about when the key cannot fully bottom out right?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 20:12:10 »
...the hotswap pcb won't be compatible with cherry profile keycaps.

Isn't the capability issue only a problem when you have 3mm LEDs? You're talking about when the key cannot fully bottom out right?

some people have said otherwise? idk i haven't seen anything definitive either way
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 21:51:23 »
Uhh, I have an addiction and this looks cool. I'm up to grab one from someone lol

Offline bard

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 00:44:26 »
Uhh, I have an addiction and this looks cool. I'm up to grab one from someone lol

I still want to sell my spot ;)

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 00:55:37 »
I def never received an email of any kind from OP for my wired pcb's :confused:

Offline jakl

« Reply #138 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 04:23:29 »
I def never received an email of any kind from OP for my wired pcb's :confused:

I think the forms are closed now but you can probably send him an email about which color you want, don't know if he ordered the LEDs yet.
Worst case scenario, you will get white SMD LEDs, which you have to solder yourself anyway, so you can just buy the colors that you want.

Victor sent me the link to the online configurator for the Bluetooth PCB, but I don't think you can really access it unless you have some PCB connected.
You can check the Github page of the project however.

About the Bluetooth pcb web configuration. I add an ST’s stm32 USB IC on the board, and now the pcb could reprogramming the firmware through the USB-C. It is use google chrome browser new feature----Web USB interface.
https://18.191.250.47/webdfu/dfu-util/

I am still waiting for him to reply to my mail to get the estimated delivery date for the boards and will post the reply here when I get it.

Offline jakl

« Reply #139 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 01:08:10 »
Victor sent me an update today, so just leaving it here.

The Bluetooth PCB is USB + Bluetooth. The case‘s re-CNC and the re-color is almost finish, because of mistake of the backplate, and the case and the wired will finish first. Maybe this week or next week.

It looks like the cases are slowly getting ready for shipping so you should be expecting shipping invoices soon.

Offline damagepoint

« Reply #140 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 02:24:48 »

The Bluetooth PCB is USB + Bluetooth. The case‘s re-CNC and the re-color is almost finish, because of mistake of the backplate, and the case and the wired will finish first. Maybe this week or next week.

It looks like the cases are slowly getting ready for shipping so you should be expecting shipping invoices soon.

I would say the BT pcb being both usb and BT is an improvement.  Does that mean it will utilize a rechargeable battery now? 

Offline jakl

« Reply #141 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 04:46:18 »

I would say the BT pcb being both usb and BT is an improvement.  Does that mean it will utilize a rechargeable battery now?

I don't think there will be any changes to the BT PCB apart from the added USB. The PCB will still use AAA batteries.

Offline swagcameleon

« Reply #142 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 04:41:51 »
Damn, sad that the GB closed :(

Offline bard

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 17:16:23 »
I have a red set with plastic/brass and 2x wire PCBs to give up.
PM if someone is interested!

Offline BerserkZz

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 14:06:13 »
Any updates on the blue tooth pcb?

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 03:35:03 »
So it's already December, and the original target is already delayed by more than a month now. What's the current status?

Offline egla

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 09:38:43 »
I sent him an email asking about the status a while ago and he answered on Nov. 26th:

I’m very sorry for the delay of the group buy, and the case is almost finish and still waiting  some little things such paper package box, acrylic backplate and so on.

He didn‘t provide any proof though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Offline jakl

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 01:10:16 »
I got a CC from Victor's mail to egla and also got asked to upload the pictures sent to him.
He said that the cases are finished and ready to be shipped to him, so hopefully they will start shipping out to the final buyers soon.

I also asked him some more questions to get a better understanding how much time will it take to send out all the cases since we are already 2 months past deadline.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 December 2018, 01:20:18 by jakl »

Offline egla

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 01:58:40 »
Thanks for sharing, was about to upload them here

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 05:10:29 »
Interesting... Was about to hit the panic button!!  :p