Author Topic: Attached images not appearing in Tapatalk  (Read 9174 times)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
Attached images not appearing in Tapatalk
« on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 19:53:48 »
Is anyone else having this problem? Tapatalk usually shows attached images at the bottom of a post. But recently they started appearing as broken links.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Belfong

Re: Attached images not appearing in Tapatalk
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 20:08:26 »
It is fine for me. I attached an image yesterday. And here it is again.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 20:57:33 »
It is fine for me. I attached an image yesterday. And here it is again.
Show Image

I can see this one. Did you attach it from Tapatalk? I'm taking about images attached via the web. Externally-hosted images (imgur, etc.) all work fine, but attachments are all broken.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 21:03:37 »
Is anyone else having this problem? Tapatalk usually shows attached images at the bottom of a post. But recently they started appearing as broken links.
Yes. Happening to me too.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 21:04:30 »
I also can't see avatars, although honestly I don't remember whether I used to be able to.

Do you have any idea when this started happening for you?

My boards:
More

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 21:05:09 »
I also can't see avatars, although honestly I don't remember whether I used to be able to.

Its been happening to me for about a week now.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 21:06:17 »

Its been happening to me for about a week now.
That's about when I started noticing it, too.

My boards:
More

Offline Belfong

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 00:20:28 »
Attachment - hmm... Not so sure. Not many people attach via web these days.

Avatar works fine for me. Maybe it's the cache?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 09:23:12 »
I'm also having issues viewing youtube embeds on Tapatalk, and it seems to be only in the last few weeks.  Not sure why it would be related, but who knows.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 14:12:58 »
Chiming in to say I'm also having issues with attachments, avatars, and YouTube embeds. Not sure exactly when it but it started in the past couple weeks.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 18:25:28 »
I'm having problems with gh-attached images in tapatalk:

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 19:23:15 »
I'm having problems with gh-attached images in tapatalk:

Show Image

This is what I see too.

But you lose points for not attaching your screenshot via GH so that Tapatalk users can't see it.

My boards:
More

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 19:41:16 »
I noticed that Geekhack avatars and attachments are served via a URI that includes index.php. I'm wondering if Tapatalk chokes on that extension when it's expecting an image. So let's test this. I'll use sth's avatar because it's awesome.

Here's the actual avatar on Geekhack's server:

Here's a copy of the gif hosted on my domain:

And here's the same image hosted on my server, but served via an index.php URI:

EDIT: so all three work fine in Tapatalk. So I guess it's not the index.php thing causing the issue.

Finally, the avatar downloaded to my computer and reattached via web:
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 October 2015, 19:44:44 by njbair »

My boards:
More

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 19:59:18 »
I've been having the same problem. Seems to be a bit of a toss-up though. Sometimes it shows them fully, in the right place. Sometimes it shows them but moves the all to the bottom of the post. Sometimes it doesn't show them at all.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 20:08:17 »
I've been having the same problem. Seems to be a bit of a toss-up though. Sometimes it shows them fully, in the right place. Sometimes it shows them but moves the all to the bottom of the post. Sometimes it doesn't show them at all.
There are a few different ways to post an image. You can upload it to a 3rd party like imgur then use [img] tags around the imgur URL; you can attach them via the website edit screen; and you can upload them from Tapatalk.

If you use [img] tags or Tapatalk attachments, they display fine in the app. But if you use the web form, they don't show up at all. They used to show up at the bottom of the post but now there's just a bunch of broken images at the bottom. That's what we're trying to get to the bottom of.

My boards:
More

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 20:09:54 »
There are a few different ways to post an image. You can upload it to a 3rd party like imgur then use [img] tags around the imgur URL; you can attach them via the website edit screen; and you can upload them from Tapatalk.

If you use [img] tags or Tapatalk attachments, they display fine in the app. But if you use the web form, they don't show up at all. They used to show up at the bottom of the post but now there's just a bunch of broken images at the bottom. That's what we're trying to get to the bottom of.

No I know this, I'm talking specifically about the ones attached images, same as you. Haven't really payed attention to whether they've been broken more often recently or not though.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 20:21:38 »
I'm also seeing these issues, including not being able to see avatars.

tbh I don't really like the interface of tapatalk too much anyway. Does anyone use any alternatives?

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 20:26:49 »

tbh I don't really like the interface of tapatalk too much anyway. Does anyone use any alternatives?
There aren't any.

The one thing I like about Tapatalk is it has an easy way to mark a thread as read without having to actually view it. I like to work through unread posts and quickly discard things I don't care about, like most classifieds threads, most off-topic mega-threads (like cars, football and vaping), and other stuff that's not up my alley.

My boards:
More

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 20:31:36 »

There aren't any.

The one thing I like about Tapatalk is it has an easy way to mark a thread as read without having to actually view it. I like to work through unread posts and quickly discard things I don't care about, like most classifieds threads, most off-topic mega-threads (like cars, football and vaping), and other stuff that's not up my alley.

ah, shame.

Yeah I do appreciate the feature they have that allows you to only download the images you choose to view. Saves a lot of mobile data.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 09:16:29 »
BTW, I've brought this to the attention of iMav.  Hopefully he can work his magic and let us see the pretty pictures soon.  :)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 15:38:36 »
BTW, I've brought this to the attention of iMav.  Hopefully he can work his magic and let us see the pretty pictures soon.  :)

thanks dude...  :)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 15:41:53 »

thanks dude...  :)

This post reminded me that I also frequently don't see smileys on tapatalk, especially if they're at the end of the message. It just cuts them off.