Author Topic: [IC] Closed  (Read 2985 times)

Offline SJPx

[IC] Closed
« on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 09:54:51 »
After reading someones feedback I have realised that this is not in a ready state to be an interest check and so I will be going back to the beginning and setting it up properly

248561-0

248563-1
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 August 2020, 10:47:29 by SJPx »

Offline vi0till

Re: [IC] Aluminium 65% Wrist Rest
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 10:02:39 »
Aluminium 65% Wrist Rest

Hey guys,

This is my first time doing an IC and I have decided to pick a niche for my first which is wrist rests. As you can tell by the topic this would be an aluminium 65% wrist rest. It has a typing angle of 6 degrees and is primarily designed to fit with the KBD67v2 I think the design complements most boards unless they are really angular.

As this is my first IC I have just done a basic form which I hope covers all the necessary ares. If you think I have missed something please feel free to message either through geekhack or reddit. My username is SJPx on both and any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Please fill in the form I will leave it up until I am satisfied with the amount of responses from each region. If this board does get enough interest I will try and find vendors however because this is again my first time doing an IC this could take a long time and as before any help would be appreciated in this department.

Below are two images of the wrist rest and the link to the form. I have yet to render it properly because I don't know how to but will be learning how to in the coming weeks.

https://forms.gle/uPkTkWjeMhNd8ghz6

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
Interested. Been looking for new wrist rest.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline SJPx

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 10:06:38 »
If you are going through this now please may you use the new forms link as I forgot to ask for your username and platform
https://forms.gle/TKdcRMqNjn4ry29x8

Offline fishbiscuit13

• do you realize ???
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 10:14:57 »
This should not be an IC. This is a barely fleshed out concept.

How much do you estimate this will cost? Do you have a prototype or at least manufacturer in mind? Can you fund pre-sale prototypes? Does it come in multiple pieces? If not, how is the inside colored, and how do you possibly hope to machine it? If so, how is it assembled? Is it completely hollow throughout, or is the middle just inset? Are you really going to take weeks to figure out just a render?

It does look cool. But it needs a lot of work, and definitely a revision (or at least explanation) from a manufacturing perspective.

Offline Pyk_

Re: [IC] Closed
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 03 August 2020, 05:26:06 »
Hey don’t forget there are sub forms to ask for opinions or help on a project in this state, interest checks is just not it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk