Author Topic: An expensive, but beautiful NMB RT101+ (Hi-Tek Space Invader Switches)  (Read 4454 times)

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
Re: An expensive, but beautiful NMB RT101+ (Hi-Tek Space Invader Switches)
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 14:46:18 »
eh the 1u backspace spoils it for me

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 15:21:33 »
eh the 1u backspace spoils it for me

Yeah, not fond of the half-assed copying of IBM's layout. Dullard says, "IBM's Model M layout is so good but why do big backspace? I can't punch enter with my fist. Little backspace better. BIG ENTER. BIG ENTER. We make little backspace - BIIIIGGG ENTER! HEHEHEHEH!!!"

That being said, I am going to assume the more yellowed pics reflect the true color of the board.

« Last Edit: Sat, 20 August 2016, 15:25:20 by ThoughtArtist »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 15:25:59 »

I'm I am going to assume the more yellowed pics reflect the true color of the board.

Probably a safe bet. The 2 that I have sold in the last few months (for $50 shipped US) were much nicer than this, but they may be much more rare in the UK. Cindy was making noises like she had scored a big lode of them recently.

And yes, small Backspace makes me want to cry.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 15:35:02 »

I'm I am going to assume the more yellowed pics reflect the true color of the board.

Probably a safe bet. The 2 that I have sold in the last few months (for $50 shipped US) were much nicer than this, but they may be much more rare in the UK. Cindy was making noises like she had scored a big lode of them recently.

And yes, small Backspace makes me want to cry.

I know I should just focus on refurbishing my Zenith before I get anything else. Actually, a space invaders switch tester would be compelling  for me now because I want to test the switch but buying a whole board for the novelty isn't a good purchase for me at the moment.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 August 2016, 15:39:18 by ThoughtArtist »

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 23:58:48 »
i just got mine off taobao, brand new cond. for 30aud incl shipping. however it might cost more for proxy to US

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 13:53:10 »
i just got mine off taobao, brand new cond. for 30aud incl shipping. however it might cost more for proxy to US

Nice