Author Topic: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!  (Read 1406888 times)

Offline TopreFan333

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!
« Reply #5750 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 10:56:26 »
Good to see the site back up! 

Anyway, here we go.  New wrist pad is great if you got the space.  It's probably more appropriately an arm rest.

Show Image

Looks comfy, but the one Grifiti wristrest I tried looked disgusting after a few months. I wonder if you guys are experimenting with different surface coverings, because otherwise, it was super comfortable.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #5751 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 17:20:23 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5752 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 17:23:31 »
i think we use the same chrome theme
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #5753 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 17:33:33 »
Is it directed at me? Because I use Firefox. Always.

The theme is default with colors inherited from the DE (KDE Breeze Dark).

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5754 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 17:57:54 »
Is it directed at me? Because I use Firefox. Always.

The theme is default with colors inherited from the DE (KDE Breeze Dark).

oh well

it looks like my chrome theme that i use

it's a good colorway
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline NamelessPFG

« Reply #5755 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 21:59:38 »
I finally got a new primary monitor I can actually stand to use in place of one of my old CRT monitors (high-end ones like the GDM-5410 and GDM-FW900, to be specific), so that called for some desk reorganization.

Yeah, that's VA (Eizo FG2421), IPS (Wacom Cintiq Companion Hybrid, a.k.a. "13HD touch with an Android tablet") and TN (Dell P170S) all on one desk, and that last one wouldn't be there if I had a better monitor to use in its place. Still, $10 thrift store monitors will do as tertiary displays for chat windows and so forth.

No, the setup's not ideal, and it won't be when this desk lacks a keyboard tray and I lack a split keyboard. Right now, it's "easy to type" or "easy to use the Cintiq", not both, to say nothing of my lack of proper HOTAS mounts at the moment. Ideally, I'd have a custom desk to manage all of this in a more ergonomic fashion, something that can bridge the divide between "computer workstation" and "flight sim cockpit".

Still, at least I don't have to shunt the Cintiq off to the side since I now have some DEPTH to work with, and when the time comes to retire my GTX 980 for a newer card, I won't be screwed by lack of VGA on newer graphics cards. The FG2421 is no perfect CRT replacement by a long shot, but the black levels and motion clarity make it the closest I've come to that by far.

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #5756 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 14:09:32 »
Same old desk, new daily.  :thumb:

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #5757 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 04:04:31 »

Show Image

How's the VR?

Offline Severe

• HHKB Zealot
« Reply #5758 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 14:41:02 »
Philips Hue provides the lighting
165512-0165514-1
HHKB Pro 2 Black Lubed 55g
Logitech G502 (Gaming) Logitech MX Master 2 (Day to day)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #5759 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 15:32:04 »

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #5760 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 17:01:15 »
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

daaaag

does it look that good in person?

Offline Severe

• HHKB Zealot
« Reply #5761 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 18:29:01 »

daaaag

does it look that good in person?
better, my phones camera sucks at picking up LEDs colors

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #5762 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 19:05:28 »
Here is my desk. Recently moved to a new condo. Going to try and get speakers and new lighting.
Biking is fun.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5763 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 19:07:24 »

Show Image

That Cosmos :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Severe

• HHKB Zealot
« Reply #5764 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 20:02:08 »

Show Image

what keyboard is that?

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #5765 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 20:23:37 »

Show Image

what keyboard is that?

Check my sig :)

Offline Severe

• HHKB Zealot
« Reply #5766 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 21:06:32 »

Show Image

what keyboard is that?

Check my sig :)

Man that's a thing of beauty!
It caught my eye because after using the HHKB I don't think I can ever use a different layout and it seems you've replicated it

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #5767 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 11:02:24 »

Can you tell me WHICH model / type you have for the lighting? I wanted the same but there are so many LCD strip options from Philips HUE that I am totally confused which one I should get.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline Severe

• HHKB Zealot
« Reply #5768 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 12:19:46 »

Can you tell me WHICH model / type you have for the lighting? I wanted the same but there are so many LCD strip options from Philips HUE that I am totally confused which one I should get.

I'm using the Philips hue plus light strip around the back of my desk, and two Hue RBG bulbs in the ceiling. All of course connected to the bridge that runs the whole house. You can get everything you need at Best buy for a out $300. It's justt the $200tarter kit and then the $89 hue plus strip

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #5769 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 12:21:01 »

I'm using the Philips hue plus light strip around the back of my desk, and two Hue RBG bulbs in the ceiling. All of course connected to the bridge that runs the whole house. You can get everything you need at Best buy for a out $300. It's justt the $200tarter kit and then the $89 hue plus strip

Thanks! Now I can finally go out and buy that stuff. Only find a way to tape it to my desk in a neat and orderly fashion..

Offline Severe

• HHKB Zealot
« Reply #5770 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 12:24:56 »

Thanks! Now I can finally go out and buy that stuff. Only find a way to tape it to my desk in a neat and orderly fashion..
It is self adhesive no need for any extra

Offline BB-GR8

« Reply #5771 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 16:40:01 »

I could use some cable management.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #5772 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 06:00:27 »
Show Image

Man that screen is a beaute.
I'm still undecided as to whether or not I should get an ultrawide or just stick with a 27" 1440p.

Offline BB-GR8

« Reply #5773 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 09:44:41 »
I'm still undecided as to whether or not I should get an ultrawide or just stick with a 27" 1440p.

For me it was a decision between 16:9 144Hz or 21:9 100Hz. I was coming from a 1080p 60Hz monitor, so the upgrade to 1440p 100Hz would have been already massive. I also wanted more screen real estate, so the choice was a no brainer.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 April 2017, 09:47:49 by BB-GR8 »

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5774 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 10:48:27 »
Show Image

Go ultrawide. Best decision I made in awhile. Gaming is great, browsing is improved. No cons at all.
keyboards.

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #5775 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 20:54:56 »
21:9 is fantastic for productivity, but for my gaming machine I prefer to stick with a 16:9 display. Ultrawide can have some wonky FOV scaling in some games (cropping of vertical FOV) and the HUD usually gets stretched to the far edges of the display. Just my experience, YMMV of course.
Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline Severe

• HHKB Zealot
« Reply #5776 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 21:02:43 »
21:9 is fantastic for productivity, but for my gaming machine I prefer to stick with a 16:9 display. Ultrawide can have some wonky FOV scaling in some games (cropping of vertical FOV) and the HUD usually gets stretched to the far edges of the display. Just my experience, YMMV of course.

I tried gaming on a UW,... Overwatch is unplayable

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #5777 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 06:40:13 »
Well this is sad news for me. I was contemplating getting an Ultrawide, but I play a lot of OW and I don't want to play on a wonky screen.
Guess I'm sticking with my 24" 144hz for the foreseeable future.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5778 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 08:43:38 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 12:59:28 by alienman82 »

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #5779 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 00:44:47 »
Well this is sad news for me. I was contemplating getting an Ultrawide, but I play a lot of OW and I don't want to play on a wonky screen.
Guess I'm sticking with my 24" 144hz for the foreseeable future.

I don't think ultrawide was ever intended for solely gaming.  you can just set it to 16:9 in game and use bars.  I game way less than I use my PC for other things, so for productivity it's great.
I agree with you it's definitely more of a productivity upgrade than a gaming one.
They just look, so, friggin, sweet.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #5780 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 15:04:35 »

I've found the same thing but you can usually adjust for it in game.
Biking is fun.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #5781 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 10:15:53 »
Ultrawide? Productivity? wat.

I don't get it. It's like two monitors in one, but with mediocre resolution and more demanding wrt software window management.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #5782 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 16:57:48 »

I don't get it. It's like two monitors in one, but with mediocre resolution and more demanding wrt software window management.

It is a lot like two monitors....just without bezels and with a 3440x1440 resolution at 34" it looks really nice. Plus the curve (depending on the model) helps a lot with gaming distortion.

And I have x2 27" 2560x1440 monitors to my left and right just in case I need that little extra productivity room, or a monitor dedicated to cat videos.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #5783 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 17:17:05 »

It is a lot like two monitors....just without bezels and with a 3440x1440 resolution at 34" it looks really nice. Plus the curve (depending on the model) helps a lot with gaming distortion.

And I have x2 27" 2560x1440 monitors to my left and right just in case I need that little extra productivity room, or a monitor dedicated to cat videos.

I'd like ultrawide but but... backlight bleeding so intense on these ultrawides!

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #5784 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 17:43:02 »

I'd like ultrawide but but... backlight bleeding so intense on these ultrawides!

That's why I went with the Samsung PVA panel over IPS. Backlight bleed is still there but not nearly as bad as the Acer one I tried before it.

Offline BB-GR8

« Reply #5785 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 23:52:18 »

Very little backlight bleed on my Omen X 35 (AMVA+ panel). It's only barely noticeable when I turn off the lights and view from an extreme angle.

Can't say it's flawless though. Colors on both sides are a bit washed out from a slight angle. And there are some ghosting issues but I don't really notice them in-game. All in all these are trade-offs I can live with over the IPS variants. I got this monitor for its higher contrast ratio and native 100Hz.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #5786 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 01:06:25 »
Show Image

going to miss this setup

(pls ignore ****ty cable management)

Nice one :)

I have the same headphones, have you modded them?

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #5787 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 10:36:30 »

I researched ideal aspect ratios and fields of view a while back, and concluded ratios close to 3:2 (or 2:3 respectively) and display sizes around 30" were popular for graphic/typographic/DTP work _and_ output (paper, books, photos) for a reason.

I'm sad that 30" 16:10 monitors are stuck at 2560×1600 and dying; the closest replacement is 16:9 UHD @ 32". The 140 dpi is nice and works without scaling.

Which should explain, why I don't get the large ultrawides: they're pretty much cropped UHD @ 40" (which is too large for my tastes, it'd have to be further away from my face). Specifically, 3440×1440 @ 34" has the same 110 dpi, but the vertical crop is pretty bad for productivity (working with text or DTP), if you ask me, esp. coming from 1600p… at least 3840×1600 would be much nicer, but it's rare, Idk why.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #5788 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 06:01:02 »
I moved my desk to another wall, so that I don't have to look into window light anymore.

And here it is, with my new Steelseries QCK XLL deskmat and my new Logitech G403. Screen is Dell U2713HM. Case is Fracl Design R5 Blackout.

I tucked away most of the cables, but I left my my keyboard and mouse cables loose, don't have a solution for that yet.

166591-0

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #5789 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 06:41:21 »
I moved my desk to another wall, so that I don't have to look into window light anymore.

And here it is, with my new Steelseries QCK XLL deskmat and my new Logitech G403. Screen is Dell U2713HM. Case is Fracl Design R5 Blackout.

I tucked away most of the cables, but I left my my keyboard and mouse cables loose, don't have a solution for that yet.

(Attachment Link)

There are two types of people in the world, Those that dump their computer on the ground and those that preserve it on their desk...

YOU SIR ARE THE WRONG TYPE OF PERSON.

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #5790 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 06:47:58 »
I always put my computer under the desk. I don't want lights flashing in my face and fan noise right next to my head all the time. Not to mention how much room a full tower takes up on top of a desk.
Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #5791 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 06:57:59 »
I always put my computer under the desk. I don't want lights flashing in my face and fan noise right next to my head all the time. Not to mention how much room a full tower takes up on top of a desk.

It is in fact all personal preference.... but I mean... don't put lights in computer... don't put flashing lights in computer.... unplug lights if need be.... install a switch so that they can be shut off when not wanted..... get a fan controller..... get better fans..... turn computer so fans face away from your head.... control fans in bios/software if required..... get a smaller build.... get a bigger desk.....

Come the right side.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #5792 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 06:58:47 »

(Attachment Link)

There are two types of people in the world, Those that dump their computer on the ground and those that preserve it on their desk...

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #5793 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 07:00:50 »

I like minimalist not-being-there style. I like my desk as clean as possible. Preferably, I want another place for my audio interface and my external USB drive as well. And get rid of my monitor stand.

Fans agreed, but not an issue. I built a very very silent pc. Power supply fan is always up until 80% load, GPU fan is off until gaming. CPU fan is only 800rpm (Nocta NH-D15, so are the two noctua 120/140mm case fans.

I HATE pc noise. I want to hear nothing but my own breathing and the clickclack or thock of mah boards.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #5794 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 07:05:09 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #5795 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 07:16:24 »

Wait... did you drill a hole in your desk to tuck away the HHKB cable?

Offline Severe

• HHKB Zealot
« Reply #5796 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 14:09:43 »

Yes

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #5797 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 15:16:24 »

Yes

Interesting, I think I did not saw this before.
... ...

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #5798 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 15:35:20 »

Yes

There is this channel on YouTube... Rate My Setup. And there you see more people doing it.

It looks very clean, I like it. But I wouldn't quickly do it myself.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #5799 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 15:44:51 »

Yes

There is this channel on YouTube... Rate My Setup. And there you see more people doing it.

It looks very clean, I like it. But I wouldn't quickly do it myself.

OK, this channel I don't know, thanks for that! I also would not put a hole in my wooden desktop plate, but a refreshing idea for cable management (in which I am really bad).
... ...