Author Topic: Help Me Pick My Next Keyboard Please  (Read 1530 times)

Offline 1337_SP33K

Help Me Pick My Next Keyboard Please
« on: Thu, 30 August 2012, 13:28:27 »
So this is my first post on geek hack as I have been doing most of my posting on OCN so please bear with me.

I currently own a Xarmor U9BL-S and am a fan of the brown keys having tried most of the other cherry switches. However I want an upgrade of sorts and have decided between a Topre Tenkeyless keyboard or a Filco Tenkeyless in brown switches. My question is if the topre keyboards worth their money or should I just stick with a Filco and get some custom keycaps and rubber dampeners on it. My main concern is that if i buy the topre I will receive and be dissapointed a be stuck with a 300$ keyboard that I dont want, while I know I will already like the cherry mx brown.

Thanks in advance

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
Re: Help Me Pick My Next Keyboard Please
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 00:03:05 »
One good part about Topre is that they already come with Dyesub PBT, so you won't have to buy a decent set of keycaps from somewhere. I haven't tried Topre, so I can't comment on the price (Which has thus far prevented me from buying it. If only I could try it first... (even the switch try bags are too expensive for me!) )

Another good part is that they should be relatively easy to sell to the healthy Topre following that exists here, and elsewhere, should you not like it.
--
Also: Welcome to Geekhack!

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 00:09:23 »
topre is absolutely worth the money

comfort > goofy keycaps
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline DasHHKBProM

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 01:32:39 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 November 2014, 13:36:15 by DasHHKBProM »