Author Topic: Where to buy PBT Caps with German layout?  (Read 3843 times)

Offline argum

Where to buy PBT Caps with German layout?
« on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 11:56:13 »
As the title says I would like to buy a full PBT set with german layout. Problem is I couldn't find any.
So does anyone know where I could buy a set (Cheap shipping to europe would be good)?

Thanks.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: Where to buy PBT Caps with German layout?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 12:22:32 »
Right now your best bet would be to keep your eye out for G80/G81-*000S*D on ebay.de. Some other options for getting new dyesub sets in ISO are being looked into but it might take awhile to get things organized. If you are ok with white/light grey lasered they are super easy to find Cherry G80/G81 L**DE-0 boards for cheap on ebay.de too which are always PBT. Just to note though, the G81 keys that need stabilizer are not compatible with MX stabilizer and 1.25 key are offset and are not compatible either. If you want a full usable set and not just DE specific alpha numerics G80 is best.

Offline argum

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 12:34:42 »
Right now your best bet would be to keep your eye out for G80/G81-*000S*D on ebay.de. Some other options for getting new dyesub sets in ISO are being looked into but it might take awhile to get things organized. If you are ok with white/light grey lasered they are super easy to find Cherry G80/G81 L**DE-0 boards for cheap on ebay.de too which are always PBT. Just to note though, the G81 keys that need stabilizer are not compatible with MX stabilizer and 1.25 key are offset and are not compatible either. If you want a full usable set and not just DE specific alpha numerics G80 is best.
So all G80's are working with a filco?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 13:22:30 »
Yes, except 2 keycap on most G80 model, the stepped caps lock and the spacebar have a different stem spacing. Everything else will work 100% as long as they have the same key sizes so you will want to make sure to get a winkey board with 1.25.

Offline argum

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 12:23:27 »
Yes, except 2 keycap on most G80 model, the stepped caps lock and the spacebar have a different stem spacing. Everything else will work 100% as long as they have the same key sizes so you will want to make sure to get a winkey board with 1.25.
Hmmm :/
I may get white blank pbt's then. Do you know any good shop where I can get a full set which will fit my keyboard?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 12:34:32 »
I never order from them, but maybe give inet a shot.

Offline argum

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 09:48:05 »
Do you know any other European shops that are not in scandinavia?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 12:05:09 »
No, all of them are in Scandinavia that I have seen so far carry the Ducky caps as they are distribute by Ducky Nordic.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 February 2013, 12:08:57 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline argum

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 12:07:52 »
No, all of them are in Scandinavia that I have seen so far carry the Ducky caps as they are distribute by Ducky Nordic.
Ah well then I have to translate some stuff since none of these shops seems to have an option for english language  :p

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 18:00:13 »
That is true only for the G80-3000.
Several other models have different keys also for the bottom row, numeric keypad and the keys above the arrow keys. Then there are also older models.
🍉

Offline argum

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 07:58:11 »
I tried to register at Inet but it seems like they aren't shipping to other countries (Unless I am blind). Do you know any other shops by any chance that ship to europe?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 11:08:04 »
I've been told this one ship international inside EU at least.

Offline argum

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 12:00:47 »
I've been told this one ship international inside EU at least.
Tried to order but this one doesn't have a Country option aswell. Any other shops you know of (Don't care if they are in Europe or not as long as they ship)?
Edit: I am blind.  Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 February 2013, 12:33:58 by argum »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 12:31:57 »
Not that stock ISO. All of the Asia and US shops that carry Ducky PBT don't have ISO blanks.
G80 in white, they are cheap... and you can always find a compatible caps lock and spacebar later (or just try your hand at stem modding to make them working), maybe even trade the switches from it and end up ahead.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 February 2013, 12:34:53 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline argum

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 12:35:31 »
Not that stock ISO. All of the Asia and US shops that carry Ducky PBT don't have ISO blanks.
G80 in white, they are cheap... and you can always find a compatible caps lock and spacebar later, maybe even trade the switches from it and end up ahead.
Just looked around in their FAQ. They only ship outside of Europe on email request. Like said thanks for you help!

Offline Jmneuv

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 16:10:58 »
A bit harder to get, but if you're going to buy a lasered G80-3000 set i recommend the white/beige dual color since it looks a lot better than plain lasered grey.