Author Topic: [IC] GMK Shoko 2nd Style「Group Buy Live Now」  (Read 139826 times)

Offline tankskun

Re: [IC] GMK Shoko 2nd Style「Group Buy in August 11」
« Reply #400 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 04:01:42 »
Damn I was looking forward to this GB but looks like the updated set isn’t gonna have the UK iso keycaps anymore so guess I’ll have to miss this one out

I never noticed until i saw your post. I'm gutted, was so looking forward to this set  :(

Offline zzkhan1996

« Reply #401 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 04:54:46 »
So in the end Zfrontier is not a proxy for this set. I will have to pass this sadly

Offline Rynxe

• Braccas Meas Vescimini
Re: [IC] GMK Shoko 2nd Style「Group Buy in August 12」
« Reply #402 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 05:36:51 »
Hello everyone, sorry for the lack of updates, but we have a group buy date ready and that is August 11! Hope everyone is ready this time around. As for the other goodie I did have planned, it was a custom switch manufactured from JWK thanks to the help from Thic Thock. I do have samples en route to me right now, the switch is still subject to change, but the specs are as is right now:
Linear
90g Progressive Stainless Steel Springs
No factory lubing
Bottom housing, custom nylon blend
Top housing, polycarbonate
Stems, POM
Housing color: Pantone 656c
Stem color: Pantone 5425c

The housing does seem a lot bluer than the Pantone's, but it does seem to fit with one of Shoko's outfits still and I love the color so it's probably going to stay that way:
More
Show Image

Show Image

Matching stabs ples ;D

Offline Hdjekso

« Reply #403 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 07:31:56 »
Damn I was looking forward to this GB but looks like the updated set isn’t gonna have the UK iso keycaps anymore so guess I’ll have to miss this one out

I thought UK Iso and numpad was added back into the base kit?

Offline tankskun

« Reply #404 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 07:48:43 »

Look on page 8 where Raysasquatch updated the finalised kits. UK iso has been removed. I'm going to miss out on this set.

Offline Hdjekso

« Reply #405 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 08:44:35 »

Look on page 8 where Raysasquatch updated the finalised kits. UK iso has been removed. I'm going to miss out on this set.

Maybe I missed something, but UK iso seems to be in the base kit in reply #363.

Offline adularescence

« Reply #406 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 14:51:44 »

Maybe I missed something, but UK iso seems to be in the base kit in reply #363.

Needs the "backtick w/ not symbol", "2 w/ double quote", "3 w/ pound sterling", and "single quote w/ at sign" keycaps to complete the UK iso

Offline vocal118

« Reply #407 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 08:13:58 »
Zfrontier-China

Offline Rynxe

• Braccas Meas Vescimini
« Reply #408 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 08:51:44 »
Zfrontier-China

It's already been confirmed. ilumkb will be the proxy for Asia. I'm not sure what's wrong with you PRC Chinese, but its up to the creator to decide. Seen most of your posts just spamming zFrontier everywhere. Don't act so privileged.

Offline Rynxe

• Braccas Meas Vescimini
Re: [IC] GMK Shoko 2nd Style「Almost in Group Buy hopefully」
« Reply #409 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 08:59:59 »
Zf is cheaper than ilumkb for Asia
Sorry for being slightly off topic but i wanted to address this.

Lets look at Modern Dolch 2, running on both ilumKB and zFrontier
For a base kit:
ilumKb = 140SGD (~, according to Google right now)
zFrontier =
DixieMech =  (reference US price)

Source:
https://ilumkb.com/collections/groupbuy/products/gb-gmk-modern-dolch-r2
https://en.zfrontier.com/products/gmk-modo-2?variant=32301394264142
https://dixiemech.store/collections/keycaps/products/gmk-modern-dolch-2-keycap-set

Yes shipping is free for zFrontier, but because of the markup that's essentially  of shipping no matter where you live! For me,  is more than shipping it in from the US, and i live in Asia. I would assume that is true for many as well.

Regardless, looking forward to this set, it's awesome.

in china zf is more cheap,don't be so narrow-minded

I don't see this person being narrow-minded, just stated some facts, he just gave his two cents, what's wrong with that? Its still RaySasQuach's decision on which proxies he wants to sell through. Dont act so privileged and spoiled. Everytime I see a GB not running on zFrontier, you PRC Chinese spam zFrontier everywhere.

Offline Hdjekso

« Reply #410 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 09:19:29 »

For a base kit:
zFrontier =

Source:
https://dixiemech.store/collections/keycaps/products/gmk-modern-dolch-2-keycap-set

Yes shipping is free for zFrontier, but because of the markup that's essentially  of shipping no matter where you live! For me,  is more than shipping it in from the US, and i live in Asia. I would assume that is true for many as well.

I don't see this person being narrow-minded, just stated some facts, he just gave his two cents, what's wrong with that? Its still RaySasQuach's decision on which proxies he wants to sell through. Dont act so privileged and spoiled. Everytime I see a GB not running on zFrontier, you PRC Chinese spam zFrontier everywhere.

It is true that zfrontier china is cheaper than zfrontier international though. He was just stating a fact, not saying that zfrontier should be the vendor for Asia. Don't really see how he's privileged and spoiled.

Offline Rynxe

• Braccas Meas Vescimini
« Reply #411 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 09:26:07 »

For a base kit:
zFrontier =

Source:

It is true that zfrontier china is cheaper than zfrontier international though. He was just stating a fact, not saying that zfrontier should be the vendor for Asia. Don't really see how he's privileged and spoiled.

The fact that he created a new account just tell someone "dont be so narrow-minded", even though that person just stated some facts. Both of them just stated their own opinion, none of them have the right to be a smart ass about it.

Offline Hdjekso

« Reply #412 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 18:43:45 »
No F13 key in any of the kits?

Offline DJ Shoko

« Reply #413 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 04:06:28 »
I did get the custom switches in, I do plan on letting Quakemz do a build stream with them... unfortunately I only have 100 switches. But here are the pics compared to the Pantone chips (note these aren't colored corrected and are in warm lighting conditions).

More

I never noticed until i saw your post. I'm gutted, was so looking forward to this set  :(
Yeah, sorry about the loss of UK ISO keys, it was a hard decision to figure out which keys to cut from the kits.

No F13 key in any of the kits?
No F13 key unfortunately, it seemed too niche to me and the MOQ is rather low so I don't have much leeway to work with it.

Hello everyone, sorry for the lack of updates, but we have a group buy date ready and that is August 11! Hope everyone is ready this time around. As for the other goodie I did have planned, it was a custom switch manufactured from JWK thanks to the help from Thic Thock. I do have samples en route to me right now, the switch is still subject to change, but the specs are as is right now:
Linear
90g Progressive Stainless Steel Springs
No factory lubing
Bottom housing, custom nylon blend
Top housing, polycarbonate
Stems, POM
Housing color: Pantone 656c
Stem color: Pantone 5425c

The housing does seem a lot bluer than the Pantone's, but it does seem to fit with one of Shoko's outfits still and I love the color so it's probably going to stay that way:
More
Show Image

Show Image

Matching stabs ples ;D
That would be cool, but maybe next time.

Is there a reason the switch top housing ins't nylon? or is it just because of the mold available? I really want to try these but would prefer a nylon top and might just go for the new switch that is coming from thickthock (konfeito)
I was thinking I'd like the sound still since I believe OG Pandas had polycarb tops and I loved the sound on those, and from the loose switch I do like these still, but since I haven't done a build with these yet. I might make the switch to nylon. But I'll be honest, I love the color and texture of the top housing a lot on these, I think the colored opaque polycarb top brings the color a bit more life. If these switches do get popular enough, I'll definitely consider the R2 being all nylon.

Offline FaIIen

« Reply #414 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 00:06:37 »
Is it still on track for GB on the 11th (trmw)?

Offline DJ Shoko

« Reply #415 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 03:22:06 »
Yes, from tomorrow August 11 to September 15, so about five weeks!

Offline TofuOrganic

« Reply #416 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 03:23:03 »
Yes, from tomorrow August 11 to September 15, so about five weeks!
Yusssss!

Offline FireBoltund

« Reply #417 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 09:29:48 »
Hi! Great job on the release, extremely tempted to buy one.

Just need to ask about that Spacebar Kit - Why are there 2 6u White Spacebars that are both white in that kit? May I know if like a white/blue combi would have been considered instead of white/white?

That blue accent is so good though... mainly buying for that but yeah I'm curious about that 2 6u White Spacebars.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #418 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 09:42:35 »
6u centered stem
6u off center stem
From the top they look identical tho

Offline jayseeffaye

« Reply #419 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 10:01:04 »
Will the base kit have the accented "print", "scroll" and "pause" keys? The keyboard renders from the vendor sites have those 3 keys accented

Offline Nudd

« Reply #420 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 10:19:30 »
Liked the color and was waiting to buy, but with the ISO changes I'm out.
Good luck with the GB.

Offline NoChance

« Reply #421 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 12:00:39 »
Liked the color and was waiting to buy, but with the ISO changes I'm out.
Good luck with the GB.

I bet you could find someone from the R1 group that would be willing to part with only the ISO stuff that they don’t use. 

« Reply #422 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 13:03:01 »
Are the renders on page 1 the final kitting? Are the renders in page 8 the final kitting? Are the renders on deskhero/ the final kitting?

For instance, on page 8, the spacebar kit lacks a non centered 6u and has 6u in both colors. But on page 1, there's a pair of 6u spacebars. On deskhero, there's a pair of 6u light spacebars, not both colors.

What about the numpad 5 non barred? It's not in the image on page 8?

« Reply #423 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 13:17:23 »
Kono just went live with the KLE and old renders up at the same time. This ain’t Novelkeys where they’re gonna do their due diligence. Reach out to the vendors and provide correct renders of the kits that are being offered.

Offline DJ Shoko

« Reply #424 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 13:47:55 »
Are the renders on page 1 the final kitting? Are the renders in page 8 the final kitting? Are the renders on deskhero/ the final kitting?

For instance, on page 8, the spacebar kit lacks a non centered 6u and has 6u in both colors. But on page 1, there's a pair of 6u spacebars. On deskhero, there's a pair of 6u light spacebars, not both colors.

What about the numpad 5 non barred? It's not in the image on page 8?
The kits on the first page is final, other than the spacebar because of the mistake I saw thanks to you. That should be both centered, and one of them is blue.

Also group buy is up.

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #425 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 13:49:38 »
where and when can the switches be bought?

« Reply #426 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 13:50:14 »
Ok, so the base kit does have a 5 key non barred, and the KLE on page 8 is out of date? The number of enter keys on the obscure/40s kit is correct in the renders, also out of date on the KLE on page 8?

Offline NoChance

« Reply #427 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 15:16:00 »
It would probably be a good idea to clean up the thread and get rid of any of the kits that show anything not being delivered.

When the Vendor doesn't display the right kits and renders and the IC thread has multiple kits and renders with different options floating throughout, it's hard to know with confidence what you're buying.  This is particularly true with the horrendous situation that existed the last time this ran.

Offline chive_

« Reply #428 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 17:03:10 »
It would probably be a good idea to clean up the thread and get rid of any of the kits that show anything not being delivered.

When the Vendor doesn't display the right kits and renders and the IC thread has multiple kits and renders with different options floating throughout, it's hard to know with confidence what you're buying.  This is particularly true with the horrendous situation that existed the last time this ran.

Or just make a GB thread for the set with the final kits
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 August 2020, 17:12:44 by chive_ »

Offline scoopbb

Re: [IC] GMK Shoko 2nd Style「Group Buy Live Now」
« Reply #429 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 17:32:08 »
cheaper to order from australia and im sure id get it faster too.

Offline DJ Shoko

« Reply #430 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 17:39:11 »

Or just make a GB thread for the set with the final kits
Group Buy thread is still pending for approval, DM'd mods about it.

But all of the kits in the first page is the final kits. Group buy is live at all vendors, will update IC OP with these info.

Vendors:
NA: Kono
Asia: iLumkb
AU: Daily Clack
EU: proto[Typist]
CA: Deskhero

Price for each kit and from which vendors (Kono, iLumkb, proto[Typist], Daily Clack, and Deskhero respectively):
Base Kit: $134.99 USD/S$186.00 SGD/$188.00 AUD/£105.00 GBP/$187.00 CAD
Hiragana Kit: $74.99 USD/S$103.00 SGD/$105.00 AUD/£58.00 GBP/$104.00 CAD
Spacebar Kit: $26.99 USD/S$37.00 SGD/$38.00 AUD/£21.00 GBP/$37.00 CAD
Obscure Kit: $49.99 USD/S$69.00 SGD/$68.00 AUD/£39.00 GBP/$67.00 CAD

« Reply #431 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 18:22:58 »

But all of the kits in the first page is the final kits.

...except for the spacebars kit, where both 6u are centered, as per a few posted up? So Kono’s versions are now correct? The 1st page, Desk Hero, and prototypist’s versions are wrong?

Offline DJ Shoko

« Reply #432 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 18:25:09 »

But all of the kits in the first page is the final kits.

...except for the spacebars kit, where both 6u are centered, as per a few posted up? So Kono’s versions are now correct? The 1st page, Desk Hero, and prototypist’s versions are wrong?
Yeah Kono's is right now, I'll bug the other vendors on updating the renders. The renders are updated on the first page now btw.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 August 2020, 18:26:43 by RaySasQuach »

« Reply #433 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 18:32:59 »
My man

Thank you!

Offline stealthzero

« Reply #434 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 22:58:44 »
I will be supporting Macsurfy in Oct and now you this month.  Two bomb ass sets that will be mine next year!

Offline FaIIen

« Reply #435 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 23:17:33 »
Any clue on the estimated delivery date?

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #436 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 23:34:34 »
Spent maybe more than I should have on a couple sets, but I'm very excited for this run!

Thanks again, Ray, for bringing back this awesome set!

Offline heyimpanda

« Reply #437 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 23:47:32 »
Any clue on the estimated delivery date?

looks like most of the vendors have q3 2021/july 2021 so like a year! time to buy and forget about it :thumb:

Offline DJ Shoko

« Reply #438 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 11:45:51 »
Group buy page is live now, please head over there now instead!
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=108028.0