geekhack Marketplace > Matias

New Tenkeyless Quiet Pro models -- USB for PC and Bluetooth for Mac

<< < (10/10)

jacobolus:
The translation has come up before: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46809.5

Matias:

--- Quote from: jeantil on Mon, 27 January 2014, 07:59:27 ---I ended up ordering the keyboard without a clear answer on the mac function keys compatibility (never got a response to the inquiry I sent to matias.ca using the website contact form).
--- End quote ---

...which is my fault — very sorry...

As the resident Mac/Unix guy at Matias, I answer most of these questions myself.  Unfortunately, as we are heading into CNY (Chinese New Year) I've been crazy busy trying to finish off some projects before everybody blows off for 2-4 weeks.

A small mountain of unanswered emails awaits...   :eek:

--- Quote from: jeantil on Mon, 27 January 2014, 07:59:27 ---Anyway the function keys are indeed compatible and I have volume and brightness control from the keyboard.
--- End quote ---

Yes, Scroll Lock and Pause keys control screen brightness, and you can swap the Alt and Win keys into the correct positions for Option and Command by following these steps...

http://matias.ca/pctomackeyboard

--- Quote from: jeantil on Mon, 27 January 2014, 07:59:27 ---It is a fine keyboard indeed :) Count me as happy  :thumb:

--- End quote ---

Great!   :D

--- Quote from: jeantil on Mon, 27 January 2014, 07:59:27 ---PS : I don't really care but my wife couldn't stop laughing at the french translation on the box ...

--- End quote ---

Yes, I have heard that before...

Our translator actually puts a lot of effort into those, but it seems that French varies a lot between regions.  They always end up sound mangled to somebody.  Maybe next time we'll just use Google.   ;)

BucklingSpring:

--- Quote from: Matias on Tue, 28 January 2014, 02:28:35 ---
--- Quote from: jeantil on Mon, 27 January 2014, 07:59:27 ---PS : I don't really care but my wife couldn't stop laughing at the french translation on the box ...

--- End quote ---

Yes, I have heard that before...

Our translator actually puts a lot of effort into those, but it seems that French varies a lot between regions.  They always end up sound mangled to somebody.  Maybe next time we'll just use Google.   ;)

--- End quote ---

Now you are pushing it. I dare you to find one single French region in world where they are not going to laugh at this one. I think your translator's ego is just too big to admit it was an error. I can assure you that this cute typo is not going to stop me from buying more Matias keyboards or recommend them to others.

Please don't use Google.

sordna:

--- Quote from: Matias on Mon, 21 January 2013, 03:54:21 ---
--- Quote from: deepthawt on Sun, 20 January 2013, 22:09:00 ---How is the USB cable attached to the PC version of the mini quiet pro?
I saw a video of one at a trade show, I don't know if it was a prototype or final but it looked like a right angle USB connector.

--- End quote ---

Yes, you are correct.

The cable connects flush against the top edge of the keyboard, with the cable plug to the left.  See attached.

Show Image
(Attachment Link)

--- End quote ---

Sorry to revive this thread but I need to quote this image. It shows a micro USB right angle connector. My laptop pro has 3 standard size USB ports. Which makes it hard to charge since most charging cables people have lying around are micro-usb! Are there revisions of the Laptop Pro with micro USB connectors and where do I find one ?

Top Gear:
Good stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version