geekhack Community > Off Topic

What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)

<< < (5793/6066) > >>

Gondolindrim:
Might get too edgy but here we go...

Do you guys ever feel like you have to constantly prove yourselves? Like a big part of your personality is getting people to recognize you even if for the smallest and ****tiest things?

Just so tired of being myself right now

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: Gondolindrim on Thu, 23 September 2021, 23:14:45 ---Might get too edgy but here we go...

Do you guys ever feel like you have to constantly prove yourselves? Like a big part of your personality is getting people to recognize you even if for the smallest and ****tiest things?

--- End quote ---

To get 1 os to talk to another, it has to perform some communication protocol/ authentication.

That's just built in

noisyturtle:

--- Quote from: Gondolindrim on Thu, 23 September 2021, 23:14:45 ---Might get too edgy but here we go...

--- End quote ---

i always feel like i have to tone it down. years of that i've become a shell of my former self. i often wonder if bitter wisdom is more entertaining than unbridled eccentricity.
probably.

jamster:

--- End quote ---

Not really, but I've also never had the kind of personality that is enthusiastic about interpersonal competition in the first place.

I've noticed that some job environments or societies are much more geared along these lines though- I've worked for high profile financial services companies where this is the norm, and it also seems to be a bigger deal in some parts of the US that I've spent time in.

suicidal_orange:
Dead leg (work injury) dead arm (second covid jab) dead soul ("life")

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version