Author Topic: Apple Keyboard vs Mechanical  (Read 53383 times)

Offline knightjp

Re: Apple Keyboard vs Mechanical
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 07:53:30 »
Yeah that's very tempting to do. I'd like to get a base model ThinkPad P70 (17" screen, quad-core i7 laptop) to try that out. That would be seriously cool!

You can have a look at tonymacx86.com

Offline TopreFan333

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 15:36:57 »
Yeah that's very tempting to do. I'd like to get a base model ThinkPad P70 (17" screen, quad-core i7 laptop) to try that out. That would be seriously cool!

You can have a look at tonymacx86.com

How reliable is your Hackintosh? I mean, once it's set up, how much tinkering do you have to do to keep it running and up to date?

Offline knightjp

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 03:15:00 »
How reliable is your Hackintosh? I mean, once it's set up, how much tinkering do you have to do to keep it running and up to date?

Truthfully? Nothing at all. The Updates come automatically and are applied automatically. The only downside is that the operating system is fooled into thinking that my Hackintosh is a Mac mini. However my motherboard does not have a Thunderbolt port. So that is the only update that is constantly left out actually. But other than that, my Hackintosh was updated from Yosemite to macOS Sierra like it was an original Apple computer.

If you picked the right motherboard and parts, you literally have nothing to worry about.

Offline TopreFan333

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 18 November 2016, 15:01:41 »

Truthfully? Nothing at all. The Updates come automatically and are applied automatically. The only downside is that the operating system is fooled into thinking that my Hackintosh is a Mac mini. However my motherboard does not have a Thunderbolt port. So that is the only update that is constantly left out actually. But other than that, my Hackintosh was updated from Yosemite to macOS Sierra like it was an original Apple computer.

If you picked the right motherboard and parts, you literally have nothing to worry about.

This is great to know, thanks. Apple seems to be just letting its desktop line languish these days, and it's nice to know there are options. I just got a 5K iMac, which I love, but I could see going down this road when it's time to upgrade...

Offline knightjp

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 18 November 2016, 15:44:55 »
This is great to know, thanks. Apple seems to be just letting its desktop line languish these days, and it's nice to know there are options. I just got a 5K iMac, which I love, but I could see going down this road when it's time to upgrade...
I quite agree. The main reason for going down this route is because I wished for Apple to make another PowerMac like their old towers, but they didn't. Their new one is an amazing machine. In fact their new lineup of machines are really good. But nothing like their old towers. For instance, I do not think that Virginia tech is going to make another super computer using Apple machines like they did below.

Anyways, I think we've gone off topic right now.  :p