Author Topic: [IC] GMK Hammerhead | July 6 - 31  (Read 172223 times)

Offline norb

Re: [IC] GMK Hammerhead |FINAL ARTISAN PHOTOS- GB June 4th
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 15:24:28 »
i know final kits and all, but the deepwater seems to have a duplicate key, the mod-colored `~ key in the top left. is this beeing corrected?

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #201 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 21:12:03 »
i know final kits and all, but the deepwater seems to have a duplicate key, the mod-colored `~ key in the top left. is this beeing corrected?

Ah nice catch. Unfortunately I had not seen that. One of those is supposed to be the darker blue color. I'll see what I can do with GMK, but requesting another quote an render may change costs and take some time.

Offline Solotov

« Reply #202 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 22:15:36 »

Ah nice catch. Unfortunately I had not seen that. One of those is supposed to be the darker blue color. I'll see what I can do with GMK, but requesting another quote an render may change costs and take some time.

Does this mean the GB will be postponed from June 4th?
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline Faust_

Re: [IC] GMK Hammerhead |GB TOMORROW- GB June 4th
« Reply #203 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 00:44:13 »
Do you have a Discord server? Would be easier to get updates that way!

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #204 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 02:28:56 »
If we're doing last minute changes, could this spacebar be made the right colour?

I'll be picking up core instead of deep water anyway, but found this strange.

Offline petamva

« Reply #205 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 03:02:31 »
If we're doing last minute changes, could this spacebar be made the right colour?
Show Image

I'll be picking up core instead of deep water anyway, but found this strange.
I agree. Spacebar should be either mods grey or turquoise.

Offline despairsray

« Reply #206 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 04:55:29 »
This may have already been discussed but is the spare spacebar in the core set 7u? This doesn't seem to be written anywhere so I just wanted to make sure before I ordered. Thanks!

Offline Solotov

« Reply #207 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 05:30:03 »
This may have already been discussed but is the spare spacebar in the core set 7u? This doesn't seem to be written anywhere so I just wanted to make sure before I ordered. Thanks!

Yes, he said there will be 7u spacebar in base set. Just haven't updated the pictures yet.

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #208 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 06:03:33 »

Yes, he said there will be 7u spacebar in base set. Just haven't updated the pictures yet.

Yes the 7u spacebars in core and deepwater are the bottom left in both kits.

Offline zzzaacchh

Re: [IC] GMK Hammerhead |GB LAUNCH 12PM EST June 4th
« Reply #209 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 09:12:58 »
I've already placed my order. I've been excited for this!

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #210 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 09:42:06 »
The darker navy 7u spacebar like in this photo..

Seems to only be available in the Deep Water kit, yet this render is mostly Core? And that specific spacebar isn't in the spacebar kit. Was hoping to make my set look like this too, but I don't know if I wanna shell for two base kits just to do so. :(

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #211 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 10:03:36 »
The darker navy 7u spacebar like in this photo..

Show Image

Seems to only be available in the Deep Water kit, yet this render is mostly Core? And that specific spacebar isn't in the spacebar kit. Was hoping to make my set look like this too, but I don't know if I wanna shell for two base kits just to do so. :(

Yes this is true, unfortunately I did have to make some tough calls when putting the final kits together to not drive up kits costs too much. However, if we do happen to exceed expectations I'd be happy to put together a small "stretch goal" kit of several requested keycaps to include as a thanks for the support, but of course, I don't want to get ahead of myself and we'll have to see how the GB goes.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #212 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 10:23:51 »
Is there going to be a GB thread in the GB forum?

Well, it's missing from the GB form as well, without so much as a comment.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #213 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 10:31:13 »
Is there going to be a GB thread in the GB forum?

I am working on the GB thread currently. The images will be updated to label the spacebars to clarify.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2019, 10:37:40 by keylabskeycaps »

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #214 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 10:31:56 »

« Reply #203 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 00:44:13 »
QuoteMulti-Quote
Do you have a Discord server? Would be easier to get updates that way!

Yes we do! Here is the link:

https://discord.gg/SptKpNy
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2019, 10:33:42 by keylabskeycaps »

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #215 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 10:35:26 »

There is no group buy form, only an Interest check form just to clarify any confusion. Group buy entries are available here where all kits are finalized:

https://keylabskeycaps.com/gmk-hammerhead/

Offline btan57

Re: [IC] GMK Hammerhead |GB OPEN!!! June 4th-July 4th
« Reply #216 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 10:42:14 »
I'm in for the deep water/ novelties   :thumb:  I too would have liked to have the turquoise space bar in the set but was never going to stop me! Stretch goal sounds cool. Either way Cheers man!
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2019, 10:55:56 by btan57 »

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #217 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 10:52:57 »
I'm in for the deep water/ novelties   :thumb:  I too would have liked to have the turquoise space bar in the set but was never going to stop me! Stretch cool sounds cool. Either way Cheers man!

Hey thanks so much for the gb entry!!

Offline dk4one

« Reply #218 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 11:15:47 »
Deep water edition. Why are there two "'~" keys of the same color?

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #219 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 11:18:51 »
Deep water edition. Why are there two "'~" keys of the same color?

Offline dk4one

« Reply #220 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 11:54:49 »

And here I thought having an accurate final render of the kit before going to GB is a common thing to do? Sorry I really want this set, but I just want to make sure I'll get what I order, and I need an accurate final render of what is going to be sold. Some random words here and there of fixing this key, adding another key, etc. is not gonna cut it for me.

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #221 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 12:32:08 »

And here I thought having an accurate final render of the kit before going to GB is a common thing to do? Sorry I really want this set, but I just want to make sure I'll get what I order, and I need an accurate final render of what is going to be sold. Some random words here and there of fixing this key, adding another key, etc. is not gonna cut it for me.

Thanks for this point. The kit sets you see on the GB page are the final versions.

Nothing will be subtracted or changed from the kits on the site. They ship as advertised. If anything is added it will be for free and of no cost to the customer, on our dime, as a separate bonus item.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2019, 12:34:11 by keylabskeycaps »

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #222 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 14:13:25 »

There is no group buy form, only an Interest check form just to clarify any confusion. Group buy entries are available here where all kits are finalized:

I literally clicked a link that said "GROUP BUY OPEN HERE" or something like that, and it took me to a Google form. What did I click?
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #223 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 14:20:49 »

Thanks for this point. The kit sets you see on the GB page are the final versions.

Nothing will be subtracted or changed from the kits on the site. They ship as advertised. If anything is added it will be for free and of no cost to the customer, on our dime, as a separate bonus item.

So you're going into GB knowing full well that you have wrongly colored keys in the kits? That's a whole new level...

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #224 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 14:27:43 »
TheKeyLabs website is hijacking system scrolling, adding some strange latency. I don't know who owns the website but that is a Top Ten Do Not Do thing. I literally cannot select the kit I want, because the site scrolls either higher or lower.

Offline Tekilashot

« Reply #225 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 16:31:56 »
I'm getting the deskpad only.
I love The deep water kit but the timing is pretty bad for me. Oblivion already got my money.  :-X

Offline dk4one

« Reply #226 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 16:39:32 »
The spacebar situation is just so weird. Like they are just really weird and and really inconsistent. Both the regular base and the deep water base.

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #227 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 17:24:20 »
TheKeyLabs website is hijacking system scrolling, adding some strange latency. I don't know who owns the website but that is a Top Ten Do Not Do thing. I literally cannot select the kit I want, because the site scrolls either higher or lower.

Hey there, this issue was actually already on our radar - it's now fixed. Thanks so much for the feedback.

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #228 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 17:25:17 »

I literally clicked a link that said "GROUP BUY OPEN HERE" or something like that, and it took me to a Google form. What did I click?

I had noticed one of the links still accidentally directed to the form instead of the landing page, this should now be fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #229 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 17:30:46 »

So you're going into GB knowing full well that you have wrongly colored keys in the kits? That's a whole new level...

Despite my best efforts overlooking the kits there is a lot going on organizationally in the development. Unfortunately the single key had been missed on inspection, luckily it was pointed out and will be changed with no cost to the customer. Those who have purchased the GB will be notified, but the replacement of a duplicate key with the correct one hopefully shouldn't upset anyone. Thanks for your feedback.

Offline Solotov

« Reply #230 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 19:19:45 »
When will zFrontier put the GB on website?

Also, is the deskpad only available on Keylab?
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2019, 19:25:00 by Solotov »

Offline Crab2020

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 19:42:45 »
I LOVE those novelties!!

Offline mta

« Reply #232 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 21:03:22 »
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but were any samples acquired / any pictures posted?

Offline Solotov

« Reply #233 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 22:10:08 »
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but were any samples acquired / any pictures posted?

Sample should be after the GB ends, no?

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #234 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 22:27:43 »
The Deep Water kit render includes two 1.5U R2 \| keycaps in mod color.  One of those should probably be alpha color.  I appreciate that you shouldn't drop keycaps after you start sales, but whether the solution is adding another key or replacing one of those two, this would be a good one to fix.

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #235 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 00:35:36 »
So would replacing an alpha-coloured enter with a normal mod-coloured enter, in the Deep Water kit. Or even going two accent enters and no mod-coloured enter, like the Core kit.

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #236 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 06:15:46 »
When will zFrontier put the GB on website?

Also, is the deskpad only available on Keylab?

They're polishing the final bits on their end, I should have a link and an announcement in the next day or so!

Offline yohannes

« Reply #237 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 09:11:18 »
is this not made available in zfronter english site? (en.zfrontier.com)?

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #238 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 09:16:30 »
is this not made available in zfronter english site? (en.zfrontier.com)?

Their Chinese site went live last night, I just emailed them about the english version, should be up today hopefully. Hope this helps, feel free to check back over the next day or so.

Edit: here you are https://en.zfrontier.com/products/gmk-hammerhead
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 June 2019, 10:48:28 by keylabskeycaps »

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #239 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 12:44:45 »

Pantone chips are $18, hopefully Keylabs at least has those in hand. It's somewhat of a formality, and I trust Keylabs more than most with getting colors right, but it's always nice to see the color chip and not just the computer screen representation.

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #240 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 12:47:02 »

Despite my best efforts overlooking the kits there is a lot going on organizationally in the development. Unfortunately the single key had been missed on inspection, luckily it was pointed out and will be changed with no cost to the customer. Those who have purchased the GB will be notified, but the replacement of a duplicate key with the correct one hopefully shouldn't upset anyone. Thanks for your feedback.

So the kits are final, until they aren't? Sorry but what? You change opinions and how the kits are handled every few hours...

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #241 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 12:57:03 »

Pantone chips are $18, hopefully Keylabs at least has those in hand. It's somewhat of a formality, and I trust Keylabs more than most with getting colors right, but it's always nice to see the color chip and not just the computer screen representation.

Yes I have ordered Pantone chips and hope to have them in soon. I'll be working with the team at GMK along the manufacturing process on colors and will ideally have Pantone chips to show during this GB. I appreciate the vote of confidence.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 June 2019, 13:04:06 by keylabskeycaps »

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #242 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 13:16:59 »

So the kits are final, until they aren't? Sorry but what? You change opinions and how the kits are handled every few hours...

A mistake was made on our part, and at the time we made a logistical decision to keep as is with the options available at the time. Fortunately, we were able to resolve this particular issue with what is a better solution in our eyes and the other vendors involved with a net benefit to the end user.

The design process for this first set has admittedly been a learning process for sure, we do make mistakes and are exceptionally grateful for people to catch things that we don't and help us improve the set for everyone involved.

If this is a deal breaker, I do understand, and maybe would suggest not buying this set.

Offline dk4one

« Reply #243 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 13:31:48 »
I've tried to ask multiple times during the IC but never got a proper answer from you. Just want to make sure I got the final message before pulling out so I am not missing out on anything. The spacebar issue will not get addressed, correct?

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #244 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 13:36:09 »
I've tried to ask multiple times during the IC but never got a proper answer from you. Just want to make sure I got the final message before pulling out so I am not missing out on anything. The spacebar issue will not get addressed, correct?

Hey there apologies for not addressing that earlier, I'm hopping between platforms answering things best I can. The spacebars as part of the Core/Deep Water kits exist in the following formats.

2 x 6.25 spacebars, one in standard GMK format matching the alphas and the other acting as an accent piece. The accent piece is an aesthetic call made for those interested in some of our earlier renders and to continue the initial theme/feel of the Hammerhead design.

1 x 7u spacebar in alpha color

1 x 6u off centered spacebar for more non traditional layouts. 

Offline dk4one

« Reply #245 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 13:41:49 »
For whatever color there is a 6.25U, there should be 7U of the same color included in the base kit in my opinion. Say if I want an accented navy 7U spacebar, the only way I can get that key is from buying a whole Deep Water base kit. Do you see now the problem we've been trying to communicate with you throughout the IC?
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 June 2019, 13:43:49 by dk4one »

Offline Solotov

« Reply #246 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 14:02:02 »
The set is now available on zFrontier. And why on earth the deep water kit has $5 extra compared to core kit. Not to mention the quite high inclusive shipping cost as if it tells me to order from other vendor instead.

Offline norb

« Reply #247 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 14:20:13 »
so i'm a bit confused after i've seen the prices at candykeys, the novelties kit is 80 euros but only 62 dollars, while the base kits are basically the same in dollar/euro with 138/140. is this correct or a pricing error at candykeys?

edit: will the deskmat also be available at candykeys?
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 June 2019, 14:26:37 by norb »

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #248 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 14:27:14 »
For whatever color there is a 6.25U, there should be 7U of the same color included in the base kit in my opinion. Say if I want an accented navy 7U spacebar, the only way I can get that key is from buying a whole Deep Water base kit. Do you see now the problem we've been trying to communicate with you throughout the IC?

When designing this core set, trying to cater to as many layouts as possible is always on our mind. It is of course difficult to create larger kits when we do get so much feedback about the sizing and the price from people with standard TKL or likewise layouts. Some items didn't quite make the cut at our discretion and the dark blue 7u spacebar was one of those items. That being said, I would be happy to part with the 7u kit from my Deep Water kit if you're interested down the line.

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #249 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 14:28:35 »
The set is now available on zFrontier. And why on earth the deep water kit has $5 extra compared to core kit. Not to mention the quite high inclusive shipping cost as if it tells me to order from other vendor instead.

Hey there! What region are you trying to have the product shipped to? KeyLabs covers US and Canada