Author Topic: [IC] GMK NERVE / GB DATE CONFIRMED AND MORE!  (Read 35721 times)

Offline aicyborg

Re: [IC] GMK NERVE
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 13 February 2024, 16:26:59 »
Adding my voice to those asking for Nordeuk support; I'd likely be in if so.

PS the ISO enter novelty goes so hard.

Seconding this. Colors are great but any keycap set with wrong layout i'll pass.

I keep waiting for an international kit to hit MoQ naturally without the EU vendor having to buy 50+ kits and 50+ Bases to cover these

It probably won't ever occur "naturally" becasue Nordeuk kits are only appealing to such a small niche of people, which I'm sure you know. Still, you've got four voices asking for it and personally I don't mind if you're opposed as I'll simply not participate. I've given the feedback, you've heard it, you've rejected it. It is what it is. Silver lining is the colourway is so fire you're not in any danger of not hitting MOQ even if Nordeuk askers drop out.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 13 February 2024, 18:35:47 »
Love the design, I'll try to get a set in extras when another vendor inevitably has to step in to rescue this GB.

yeah it's a shame these guys got access to gmk before aeternus did

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 14 February 2024, 03:48:32 »
Still, you've got four voices asking for it

well DAMN time to spend your time and money commissioning renders and negotiating quotes for a moq 100 $70 retail kit that a grand total of four people demanded and won't buy anyway

Offline keepoto

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 14 February 2024, 04:00:33 »
Still, you've got four voices asking for it

well DAMN time to spend your time and money commissioning renders and negotiating quotes for a moq 100 $70 retail kit that a grand total of four people demanded and won't buy anyway

if you are sure it wont reach MOQ then just dont be bothered with asking for quotes and slap on an arbitrary high price, if it turns out enough people buy it you get extra profit, it's a win either way

Offline baekihyun

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 14 February 2024, 09:00:36 »
Really not a fan of the kitting here, weird inclusion of accent arrows in the base kit + 40s support at the cost of omitting numpad. Also baion logo caps are not my favorite, baion is a cool designer but it feels a little self-aggrandizing(?) to include designer logos in a gmk set. Maybe a 1u at most (or something playful like the Neph Lock key in GMK Kaiju). The enter could easily be replaced with the funky "NERVE" text design.

Offline Manukbs_

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 14 February 2024, 10:45:21 »
Zfrontier and Geonworks added as vendors

Offline spingo

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 14 February 2024, 11:47:30 »
Really not a fan of the kitting here, weird inclusion of accent arrows in the base kit + 40s support at the cost of omitting numpad. Also baion logo caps are not my favorite, baion is a cool designer but it feels a little self-aggrandizing(?) to include designer logos in a gmk set. Maybe a 1u at most (or something playful like the Neph Lock key in GMK Kaiju). The enter could easily be replaced with the funky "NERVE" text design.

Still, that logo is pretty cool. I wish I had a logo that cool for my name. How different my life would be...

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 14 February 2024, 11:59:57 »
Since the kitting discussion has been so heated here, I'd like to put in my 2c that I really like this kitting. It makes a good amount of sense for GMK's structure/cost. It may not be worth having the grey novelties due to cost imo, but everything else here makes a lot of sense to me.

Offline white_rabbit

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 14 February 2024, 16:23:37 »

Not sure how to feel about a set designed by someone actively cloning other people's work..

Offline Manukbs_

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 14 February 2024, 17:02:39 »
Show Image

Not sure how to feel about a set designed by someone actively cloning other people's work..

I will try to put this into words as best I can and explain what has happened here. SW Very Peri is a keycap set that mixes two GMK stock colors such as CR and N9 with the Vertex V1 switch color, Very peri, which was the color of the year in 2022.

Prior to 3 months ago, I was not aware of the existence of nightshade, which was brought to my attention when I uploaded a story and a person known as Flybeck told me it looked similar, which I confirmed, the main problem with this is that it was already in production and there was nothing to do.

Although the set uses different colors I think in all the keys, it is true that in certain angles of light is similar and can make the BlindAssassin set have problems in the sales of the extras.

That said, today I have contacted him to see that he had shown his refusal, so I have tried to find a solution. In this case, I have offered him to delay the release of Very Peri in the places where it has not yet arrived for a few months so that the extras of his set can be sold.

My intention was not to clone anything because I was not aware of the existence of this set of keys, it is not a set that I had heard of in the past and I had not considered it.

I can't say any more, the truth is that I'm quite frustrated by this situation, and being accused of this makes me feel quite bad.

(If something is weird explained is because I used the translator for some parts because I don't want to screw it up.)

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 14 February 2024, 18:34:53 »

I am aware of this and we are trying to find a solution that is amicable to both parties.

If we give Manukbs_ the benefit of the doubt, and take their word that they weren't aware of GMK Nightshade, we can find a solution that will be as fair to both parties and consumers as possible. For now, lets not derail an entirely separate IC for the sake of a separate issue that is being handled between the parties involved.

If his actions have put you off and you believe differently about their actions, you as a consumer have 100% right to not purchase anything designed by them. I know there has been drama in the past but lets give Manukbs_ an opportunity to improve and move past the decisions/actions of the past. With that said, GMK Nerve is a unique idea that should be separated from the Nightshade and Very peri issue. So lets not derail the thread, for my sake, any further if possible.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 February 2024, 18:45:58 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline Robert.Lussier5

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 15 February 2024, 06:55:30 »
As a numpad user, why no purple accent enter included?
Austin R3 - Green // Austin R3 - Purple // Custom Acrylic Austin - Clear // Rekt1800 - Blue // Cypher r4 - Black // Boston - Sparkle Black // Balance - White // Glitch - Green // Shelby80 - Navy // Odin - Silver // Zoom65  Red // QK65 - Black // Link65 - Lilac

Offline Manukbs_

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 15 February 2024, 06:57:39 »
As a numpad user, why no purple accent enter included?

Gonna be included, will make the new renders in the next few days!

Offline marshmellohs

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 15 February 2024, 09:14:34 »
Are we using RALs? Pantones? Stock colors? Who's the final color approver between all 3 involved?

Offline Manukbs_

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 15 February 2024, 09:17:58 »
Are we using RALs? Pantones? Stock colors? Who's the final color approver between all 3 involved?

Pantone, all 4 colors are already approved, 1 stock and 3 custom (GR5 is a custom I guess?) I will upload the photo with the colors here tomorrow/monday.

And about the color approval, just me

Offline marshmellohs

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 15 February 2024, 09:54:28 »

Pantone, all 4 colors are already approved, 1 stock and 3 custom (GR5 is a custom I guess?) I will upload the photo with the colors here tomorrow/monday.

Nice! Looking forward to seeing the sample pics c:

Offline Manukbs_

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 15 February 2024, 10:15:02 »

Nice! Looking forward to seeing the sample pics c:

If you are intetested in seeing them already, those are posted in Baion and Loobedswitches servers

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 15 February 2024, 12:35:07 »
I will buy all kits.

Offline Dmitri

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 15 February 2024, 14:59:52 »
I can’t stand the price of GMK, let me just buy this for like 75 dollars or something, not three digits
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 February 2024, 15:02:04 by Dmitri »

Offline Manukbs_

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 16 February 2024, 06:50:29 »
All vendors are announced, color matching photos and pantone reveal on sunday-monday.

Deskmats are being done by Baion

Artisan collabs are being confirmed

Metal artisan and resin artisan for the GB are being tested

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 17 February 2024, 15:09:54 »
I can’t stand the price of GMK, let me just buy this for like 75 dollars or something, not three digits
Yet you seems to love every other GMK IC, asking for R2/3/4 for previously ran keysets, despite them costing 3-digit sums.
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 February 2024, 15:12:40 by The0rigina1 »

Offline Necrolegion

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 17 February 2024, 15:39:19 »
Can we get another US vendor besides Loobed? They've been figging up a lot lately. Huge red flags.

Offline DirtyGingy

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 17 February 2024, 16:49:52 »
Love the design, I'll try to get a set in extras when another vendor inevitably has to step in to rescue this GB.

That's a known list of decent vendors that are not doing dumb **** with their money, so, you do you

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 17 February 2024, 17:34:53 »

That's a known list of decent vendors that are not doing dumb **** with their money, so, you do you
At the time of making that comment, Loobed and Delta Key Co were the only announced vendors. I don’t know which is the main vendor, but I don’t trust Loobed and have no idea who Delta Key Co is.
This is also a weird sentiment since “decent vendors” as proxies have not stopped most of the GMK exit scams of the last few years. Not that it’s their obligation or fault, I just don’t think that’s a good defense from criticism.

Offline DirtyGingy

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 17 February 2024, 17:47:18 »

At the time of making that comment, Loobed and Delta Key Co were the only announced vendors. I don’t know which is the main vendor, but I don’t trust Loobed and have no idea who Delta Key Co is.
This is also a weird sentiment since “decent vendors” as proxies have not stopped most of the GMK exit scams of the last few years. Not that it’s their obligation or fault, I just don’t think that’s a good defense from criticism.
Loobed is a local vendor to me. You're in good hands. The dying vendor issue comes from vendors that invested badly and couldn't sell or relied of debt to make investments that came due.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 17 February 2024, 22:26:09 »

Loobed is a local vendor to me. You're in good hands. The dying vendor issue comes from vendors that invested badly and couldn't sell or relied of debt to make investments that came due.

"bro just trust"

Offline DirtyGingy

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 17 February 2024, 23:56:36 »

"bro just trust"
That's literally the entire hobby from day 1.

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 18 February 2024, 04:07:57 »
"bro just trust"
And that’s been working out super well lately.
Especially when there’s a ton of public customer complaints about a vendor already.

Offline DirtyGingy

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 18 February 2024, 06:44:34 »
"bro just trust"
Especially when there’s a ton of public customer complaints about a vendor already.
Which vendor(s) on the list are the questionable ones? It's worth it to tell the designer and try to steer them away

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 18 February 2024, 08:16:22 »
"bro just trust"
If it helps Dede, I’ve offered PT to have lead vendor services/accountability on this one and to ensure all vendor invoices are paid.

Decision on that is up to the designers atm

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 18 February 2024, 11:41:48 »
"bro just trust"
If it helps Dede, I’ve offered PT to have lead vendor services/accountability on this one and to ensure all vendor invoices are paid.

Decision on that is up to the designers atm
That’s great to know, thanks for clarifying Jae!

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 19:48:36 »
how do we know the GB fund will not be used for paying off Baion's debt? Having him linked to this is a huge waving red flag 

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/1aux7vc/psa_avoid_baion_lenja/
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 February 2024, 19:51:35 by involuntarysoul »

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 20:06:38 »
how do we know the GB fund will not be used for paying off Baion's debt? Having him linked to this is a huge waving red flag 

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/1aux7vc/psa_avoid_baion_lenja/
Because Baion isn't the lead, or main party involved if you bothered reading the intro. Manu is the main designer, along with Loobed, the NA vendor that Manu works for, with Baion contributing to the design (like the novelties). Manu already has samples and color matching done and all the vendors in place including some well reputable vendors like Prototypist & Geonworks also handling the GB in their respective regions. Baion doesn't have financial control over this project to begin with.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline mr_foggy

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 20:10:09 »
how do we know the GB fund will not be used for paying off Baion's debt

by learning how GBs work and why this one involves regional vendors

Offline pelfox

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 20:13:37 »

before telling others to learn how GBs work go learn them yourself, having regional vendors has absolutely nothing to do with the GB reputability, MECHS&CO was a regional vendor and screwed people over, they are not even the only ones to rugpull neither, the of regional vendors aka scammers waiting for a chance is an ever growing one
en boca cerrada no entran moscas

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 20:18:17 »

Because Baion isn't the lead, or main party involved if you bothered reading the intro. Manu is the main designer, along with Loobed, the NA vendor that Manu works for, with Baion contributing to the design (like the novelties). Manu already has samples and color matching done and all the vendors in place including some well reputable vendors like Prototypist & Geonworks also handling the GB in their respective regions. Baion doesn't have financial control over this project to begin with.

what is the relationship between Manu and Baion? what is Manu's track record of successful GB?
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 February 2024, 20:21:17 by involuntarysoul »

Offline jivex5k

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 21:02:43 »
Wouldn't trust anything with Baion attached to it. He's started the "banning negative comments" from his server part of the rug pull.
It's been a year and a half since Ophanim and the money I sent him for that was used to pay for Bias mistakes.

The dude's a bit strange too, he became pretty unhinged during a conversation with me when I was timed out for bringing up ophanim in response to the "baion lenja :yeee:" spam.
I thought it was pretty reasonable, you stole my money, I should be able to joke about it with a daily one liner without you getting your feelings hurt.

He got mad I wasn't buying into his "no negativity" bs and finally unloaded this gem of a message.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 February 2024, 21:09:22 by jivex5k »

Offline mr_foggy

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 21:04:26 »

before telling others to learn how GBs work go learn them yourself, having regional vendors has absolutely nothing to do with the GB reputability

take your time and reread the thread carefully, just a few post above mine

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 21:04:40 »

what is the relationship between Manu and Baion? what is Manu's track record of successful GB?
I don't know what his relationship is with Baion other than they're both designers. I do know that he's been working on projects for Loobed for months now where as a vendor have completed several group buys already. You pulled that screenshot from Baion's Discord Server whereas he's been a member of the LoobedSwitches server far longer and appears to be an employee and not just a mod.

Offline Manukbs_

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 21 February 2024, 08:06:34 »

I don't know what his relationship is with Baion other than they're both designers. I do know that he's been working on projects for Loobed for months now where as a vendor have completed several group buys already. You pulled that screenshot from Baion's Discord Server whereas he's been a member of the LoobedSwitches server far longer and appears to be an employee and not just a mod.
Show Image

My relationship with Baion is nothing more than a temporary help to get him back on his feet financially and to carry out the refunds and failed GBs.

I will be clear with that, I am not making a single $ for helping baion, I am doing it for free to try to recover all the money and keyboards of the people affected by the situation.

You can try to find something else, but I have no economic interest in this, the only thing I have invested in baion these last months is time to try to help the community to recover its assets and baion to get out of the bad situation he is in.

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 21 February 2024, 10:01:45 »
Gotcha, so this is ultimately your project and you're helping Baion out by giving him work/employing him to work with you on this project  among other projects so that he can financially recover himself and rectify his past mistakes.

Offline Manukbs_

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 21 February 2024, 10:14:05 »
Gotcha, so this is ultimately your project and you're helping Baion out by giving him work/employing him to work with you on this project  among other projects so that he can financially recover himself and rectify his past mistakes.
Not exactly, this is a collab, and now I'm helping him with managment of his next projects to be able to recover financially faster and be able to fulfill the rest and refunds.

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 21 February 2024, 10:28:15 »

Not exactly, this is a collab, and now I'm helping him with management of his next projects to be able to recover financially faster and be able to fulfill the rest and refunds.

Ah ok that makes better sense. This GMK Set is just a  Collab. While you're also handling the projects that Baion does to basically help make sure don't fail/fall apart like in the past. In the end, you're giving him work and also managing him to steer him back on track.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 21 February 2024, 16:47:58 »
Lots of off-topic chatter and attacks flying around that were just cleaned up. Please leave that out of this IC.

The relevant point has been raised and addressed by OP above, there's no need to fling mud in here.

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 21 February 2024, 16:53:56 »
Lots of off-topic chatter and attacks flying around that were just cleaned up. Please leave that out of this IC.

The relevant point has been raised and addressed by OP above, there's no need to fling mud in here.
Well said, Hoff. Apologies if I came off as aggressive. I'm not a fan of witch hunts or drama either.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline clannadkhang

« Reply #95 on: Thu, 22 February 2024, 06:10:07 »
Look amazing, looking forward to the deskmat  :thumb:

Offline Manukbs_

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 26 February 2024, 13:44:21 »
Prototypist (PT) have agreed to use their experience to support all vendors for this set, taking up the Lead Vendor Role. This means that they will be accountable for all approvals with GMK, as well as making sure all vendors pay invoices by due dates. Additionally they have provided assurances that if any sub vendor fails to be able to meet their delivery commitment to customers, PT will handle direct delivery to customers in relation to the GMK Nerve Keycaps. (note - PT is rated as AAA on the Vendor Trust Directory).

Offline Woovie

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 27 February 2024, 15:43:44 »
Thanks for listening to the criticism and handling it well. With Prototypist being involved, this significantly boosted in my potential of buying the set. :thumb:

Offline extrapriusplease

• All my links
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 28 February 2024, 10:19:15 »
Hyped for this one! Grats to loobed too  :cool:

Offline lys.nordique

• Formerly 'scatology'
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 29 February 2024, 03:40:02 »
Can't wait to see the colormatching. lol