Author Topic: Zowie AM or Zowie AM-FG  (Read 2299 times)

Offline SirReallySam

• SirReallySam-LinusTech
Zowie AM or Zowie AM-FG
« on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 07:55:41 »
Zowie AM or Zowie AM-FG
Ok so I'm going to be going with this mouse as I have a fingertip grip and a smaller mouse is better for that, and the AM has no prediction etc...

BUT My set up I've got going on is white and black, not red and black like the AM so I was thinking about the AM-FG with is the glossy finish version in white, not red and black, BUT I really wanted a good grip as I'm a fingertip grip user, apparently the glossy finish is crazily good at gripping for not being matt... Do you think this is marketing lies, or truth, or should I just take the plung and go for the FG?!

Thanks for any comments :)
I like the keyboards... I feel we all do.

Offline Reomero

• Manual breather
Re: Zowie AM or Zowie AM-FG
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 21:01:43 »
If you use the fingertip grip (like me), I think you're much better off with the FK as its shape suits the grip more. ;)

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 11:52:23 »
Regarding the shape I personally find the FK more comfortable but I use a claw grip. The response to the FK shape has generally been a lot more positive.

I personally would not choose a coating based on the color scheme. In the end, the thing that is most going to matter is how it feels to you. For me personally, I strongly prefer glossy coatings in general, and the Zowie glossy coating is one of the better ones that I have tried. But coating is also a personal thing. Some find glossy coatings to be slippery and unusable. I have naturally dry, not oily hands, and find the coating Zowie uses to be pretty much perfect. The best thing I can say about it is that I do not think about the coating when I am using it. I could not say the same for the normal AM.

Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 04:29:28 »
I prefer glossy coating over typical rubber coatings.
I don't think the rubber particularly results in a better grip or anything of that sort.
That's just me personally.

Most people complain about coating because it messes up their hand contour or their palm keeps slipping while the mouse moves..
That's not really an issue when you fingertip grip, your fingers aren't going to be slipping and you shouldn't have difficulty gripping a small mouse.
So I'd just say go for the glossy.

Offline Reomero

• Manual breather
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 05:08:29 »
Glossy isn't a nice surface though if your hands tend to get sweaty/oily. I'll just make the mouse more slippery to grip.

Offline SirReallySam

• SirReallySam-LinusTech
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 06:21:28 »
If you use the fingertip grip (like me), I think you're much better off with the FK as its shape suits the grip more. ;)

Regarding the shape I personally find the FK more comfortable but I use a claw grip. The response to the FK shape has generally been a lot more positive.

I personally would not choose a coating based on the color scheme. In the end, the thing that is most going to matter is how it feels to you. For me personally, I strongly prefer glossy coatings in general, and the Zowie glossy coating is one of the better ones that I have tried. But coating is also a personal thing. Some find glossy coatings to be slippery and unusable. I have naturally dry, not oily hands, and find the coating Zowie uses to be pretty much perfect. The best thing I can say about it is that I do not think about the coating when I am using it. I could not say the same for the normal AM.

Good to know guys :) thanks Do you have any other major suggestions for a fingertip grip mouse?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 03:59:20 »
Roccat Savu, CM Storm Xornet/Spawn or possibly Alcor(+) (not sure about this one).

Personally, I can't stand glossy surfaces, when my hands get a bit sweaty; the finish gets dirty easily as well; moreover, reflections may cause eye-strain, when your hand doesn't cover the mouse.

Offline SirReallySam

• SirReallySam-LinusTech
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 14:12:45 »
Roccat Savu, CM Storm Xornet/Spawn or possibly Alcor(+) (not sure about this one).

Personally, I can't stand glossy surfaces, when my hands get a bit sweaty; the finish gets dirty easily as well; moreover, reflections may cause eye-strain, when your hand doesn't cover the mouse.

I'm actually using a a CM Storm Xornet right now :)