Author Topic: [IC] D_HMC_♥ DEADLINE & HAMMER keycaps IC  (Read 4045 times)

Offline Deadline.Studio

[IC] D_HMC_♥ DEADLINE & HAMMER keycaps IC
« on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 23:32:43 »
———————————————————

Deadline studio x HAMMER works

———————————————————

💀//

<

__made by HAMMER works
__Designed by Deadline Studio

>

]__ID__*HAMMER crossover/core 1*[v1]

]__ID__*H+M C1*[v2]

]__ID__*HMC*[v3]

]__⏢__🍒Cherry Profile🍒

]____PBT

]__kit__「9」

__  [ mod/alphaLA/alphaJA

numpad/mac/40s/international

space/metal ]__

]__model1__*◤◣◥   ◢◣-NewRetro #66*

]__model2__*TPS 40···*

>
[SS|23]

❤//⏢

Hello everyone, This is Deadline. It is honorable to collaborate with DAGE (Hammer) on this keycap project.

The keycap design initially appeared in the Retro66 IC post.

After modifications and extending its elements, it eventually became what it is now.

At first, it was just a simple Japanese character root design. After the sample was made,

some character proportions and icon designs were adjusted.

At the beginning, we aimed for the excellent tactile performance of CRP.

After confirming the collaboration, we also aimed for Hammer's material and combined it with the color scheme of this keycap to create a few personalized designs.

Design concept:

With the color scheme confirmed, imagine the usage scenario.

Neatness, industry, and order are the keywords that come to mind, which led to the word 'company.

'In this clean and tidy office space, HAMMER is the key to this project and also the core.

Adding the underline of 'D' symbolizes a list or department nameplate that can be seen everywhere in the company.

'H+M 1/C' is the project/employee number, and 'core' is also the first collaboration in the Crossover series.

The 'tab' marking is meant to express that now or in the future, we will always be doing many things simultaneously, gradually becoming more and more important."

We have designed two types of metal keycaps.

One is decorated with bi-dioxide logo and color scheme.

The other is designed with a triangle and fins from the Retro66, adding a sense of depth and industry.

]view#1

]__model1__*◤◣◥  ◢◣-NewRetro #66*

]view#2

]__model2__*TPS 40···*

<

]__kit__[40s]

- ↸esc[1.5u]

- ↽↾↿⇀[1.25u]

]__kit__[metal]

-◢_◢_[Combination]

-D_DEADLINE_[ Two-color oxidation]

]__kit__[space]

This is an IC post

We hope everyone likes it and can provide valuable feedback.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 May 2023, 07:58:01 by Deadline.Studio »

Offline Deadline.Studio

Re: [IC] D_HMC_♥ keycaps IC
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 23:46:52 »

Offline vhaarr

Re: [IC] D_HMC_♥ DEADLINE & HAMMER keycaps IC
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 19 May 2023, 11:42:49 »
Please stop using imgur for image hosting. I can't see the images at all. imgur.com returns http 429 ("too many requests").
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 19 May 2023, 12:34:37 »
"what if we made every modifier key a novelty? what could go wrong?"

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 19 May 2023, 19:36:11 »
I wish you hadn't used incredibly enormous text size for this IC thread and formatted it like this because it makes it so much harder to internalise and properly consider what I'm seeing, but now I've overcome the sensation of being yelled at: I think this is pretty good and I like it.

I kinda wish the mod text wasn't in quite such a heavy font weight, but I guess that's the style you're going for. Thanks for international support, also.

Please stop using imgur for image hosting. I can't see the images at all. imgur.com returns http 429 ("too many requests").

I think this is only happening for you.

Offline TerraKeycaps

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 20 May 2023, 12:52:07 »

What should they use instead?

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 20 May 2023, 19:26:32 »
This project seems fine and the kitting seems fine but you don't have to use such a large font so next project could you please use a smaller font thanks.

it just takes a long time to read in comparison to a normal font and it makes it harder to read and process everything. But this seems fine assuming pricing is good for all kits.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline JQ27

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 22 May 2023, 07:52:08 »
Loving the international kit, but from what I can tell, it's missing a R4 \ | key which would be used in UK-ISO config? You've also got a duplicate R4 < > key in the mod kit and interkit, I imagine only one would be needed?

Easy fix is to swap out the < > key in the International kit to \ |. This removes the key duplicate and allows for full UK-ISO layout offering.

Offline Deadline.Studio

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 23 May 2023, 06:07:07 »
This project seems fine and the kitting seems fine but you don't have to use such a large font so next project could you please use a smaller font thanks.

it just takes a long time to read in comparison to a normal font and it makes it harder to read and process everything. But this seems fine assuming pricing is good for all kits.
ok
Thank you for your advice
I have changed the font size to smaller  :)

Offline Deadline.Studio

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 23 May 2023, 06:17:51 »
Loving the international kit, but from what I can tell, it's missing a R4 \ | key which would be used in UK-ISO config? You've also got a duplicate R4 < > key in the mod kit and interkit, I imagine only one would be needed?

Easy fix is to swap out the < > key in the International kit to \ |. This removes the key duplicate and allows for full UK-ISO layout offering.

Received
Thank you for your suggestion
We will adjust
 :)

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 24 May 2023, 00:08:45 »

Good question :-) I just tested https://postimages.org/ and it looks good to me. After you upload an image it even has a button that gives you a thumbnail code for forums like geekhack. But I have no idea what kind of traffic they can handle. I found it on https://old.reddit.com/r/imguralternatives/comments/lxpd2h/list_of_community_verified_and_safe_imgur/
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 24 May 2023, 16:12:35 »

Good question :-) I just tested https://postimages.org/ and it looks good to me. After you upload an image it even has a button that gives you a thumbnail code for forums like geekhack. But I have no idea what kind of traffic they can handle. I found it on https://old.reddit.com/r/imguralternatives/comments/lxpd2h/list_of_community_verified_and_safe_imgur/

I have used postimage exclusively ever since biip lost his imgur account several years ago.  I highly recommend it.

Be aware that there is no button to get a link to the full-size image, even though it appears there is.  But you can get it with just a couple extra clicks.  Straight from the postimage FAQ page:

Q: I have selected the "Do not resize" option, but the images I'm uploading have shrinked anyway!

A: You can open an image's page and click the Zoom button or the image itself to view it in full resolution. After that, if you need the direct link to the image in the original resolution, you can right-click the zoomed-in image and select "Copy image address". Convenient access to the full-res image URLs from the code box is not provided at this time, but will be likely implemented in the future as an option for Pro accounts.

Note that sometimes you have to click a couple times to zoom in all the way.

Also, there is no way for someone to see a higher res pic from a lower-res link.