Author Topic: Hello from the UK!  (Read 3395 times)

Offline Fifteen

Hello from the UK!
« on: Thu, 09 March 2023, 17:29:46 »
Hey guys,

My names Harrison and I have taken an interest in keyboards now for around a year but never really wanted to cash out on an expensive board and never have I had the time to build a keyboard myself from the ground up. However the time has come and I will be breaking down the process step by step on my account for anyone interested.

Currently I am using a completely stock SKYLOONG GK61 keyboard in the white, grey and red. It is a good alternate to a cheap 60% mechanical keyboard. However after seeing a video of one of the TKC Candy Bars I was set on getting one myself. They are pretty hard to come buy once they are sold out and pretty pricey. I managed to get a hold of the TKC Candy Bar Round 3 on eBay for £260 but it came with PCB and back plate which was a massive bonus. I originally wanted the caramel colourway with the right handed number pad however I had to settle for the white colourway and the left handed number pad.

I picked up the keyboard just over a week ago (Wednesday 1st March) and I have not touched it as of yet. For the switches I wanted the Novelkeys x Kailh Creams which I managed to buy 7X 10pks from KBDfans which arrived this week (Monday 6th March). I am still yet to order the rest of the items needed so I will not begin building until I have acquired everything.

I am certain I want the DOMIKEY SA WESTERN keycaps so I will order them ASAP. I am also planning on lubing my switches so any suggestions on which lube to use or any techniques would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 March 2023, 17:33:14 by Fifteen »