geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

Best place to order a self-designed keycap set?

(1/3) > >>

CMYKatt:
I designed a 108-key ANSI keycap set for myself, and would like them on Cherry profile caps, but I'm having trouble deciding where to have them produced. Can anyone recommend a manufacturer they have personal experience with?

My biggest concern is finding a manufacturer who will be VERY good about keeping the legends aligned & centering the graphics on the caps, since my OCD very literally will not let me use anything where the printing has been messed up and/or misaligned. At the very least, a company who is willing to replace keys that are misprinted would also be a huge win.

fanf:
I got a set printed by WASD Keyboards. The alignment seemed perfect to me, up to the limits of my design skills. Their keycaps are OEM rather than Cherry.

Exquite:
I think WASD is the only option I know. They made decent keycaps. The downside is that it is very thin, and the printing method will eventually wear off under heavy use. It is still great if you use it for display.

12voltgoalie:
I am going to try Goblin Tech Keys

https://goblintechkeys.com/

Ive heard some good things on youtube including a video where they were measured to be just as thick as epbt and gmk.

not sure if other members can chime in since I am curious to hear some feedback as well.

CMYKatt:

--- Quote from: 12voltgoalie on Sun, 17 December 2023, 14:40:11 ---I am going to try Goblin Tech Keys

https://goblintechkeys.com/

Ive heard some good things on youtube including a video where they were measured to be just as thick as epbt and gmk.

not sure if other members can chime in since I am curious to hear some feedback as well.

--- End quote ---

That's actually where I've been looking at, too. Good to know about that youtube review!! Their ratings and reviews all seem to be above board as well which is reassuring. Guess I'll have to place my order and report back lolol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version