Author Topic: Welcome new members!  (Read 793018 times)

Offline bexleycorona

Re: Welcome new members!
« Reply #250 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 04:48:56 »
How does everyone have those cool keyboard icons in their signature?

GE Marquette | Rosewill RK-9000 | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" 45g Uniform | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black Buckling Spring | Realforce 87U SE07T0 Variable | Dolch PAC65

Offline mougrim

« Reply #251 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 06:32:58 »
You draw it and insert there. Period :)
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #252 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 19:45:56 »
You draw it and insert there. Period :)

It doesn't looks as good but OK.

GE Marquette | Rosewill RK-9000 | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" 45g Uniform | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black Buckling Spring | Realforce 87U SE07T0 Variable | Dolch PAC65

Offline mougrim

« Reply #253 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 22:46:30 »
Good enough  ;D
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline Leimi

« Reply #254 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 09:05:23 »
Hey geekhack,

Lurker since long months, I finally decided to create an account and talk :)

First bought a mechanical 2 years ago thinking I'd never be a guy spending hundreds of $$$$ on those things... Now I have 4 of them and eager to get my hands on a few others like the upcoming GH60 or AcidFire's Nexus.

Cheers!
Leimi

Offline ocdbluboy

« Reply #255 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 10:18:58 »
Hi ik ben Ocdbluboy, I would like to thank you all for introducing me to a new obsession.  :thumb:

Offline Koperati

« Reply #256 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 06:02:46 »
Hi everbody,

i am from germany, hope to learn a lot here.

best regards

Offline Sduck

« Reply #257 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 02:05:24 »
Hi
greets from Nashville
I own too many ducky shines
x3

Offline apathy3cs

• Glorious Leader
  • その目だれの目?
« Reply #258 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 15:36:58 »
Greetings all,

I tend to go by Apathy as per my IGN but I'm Richard.  I recently got deeper into the pit of keyboard mods due to building an ergodox from one of the last GBs for it on Massdrop.  been trying to look around at new options and customizations with them ever since but trying not to fall into the money pit with it.

current keyboards:
BenQ x120
Saitek Eclipse
Sun Microsystems Type 7 Unix Keyboard
Ergodox

Offline TophatGent

« Reply #259 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 16:42:47 »
Howdy y'all.
Greetings from Canada.
It is wonderful to see that here is a mature community of keyboard folks.

Offline komidore64

• personal website
« Reply #260 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 09:06:24 »
Hello hello, from North Carolina!

I've liked mechanical keyboards for a couple years now, but recently got into it heavier in the last six months or so, finding geekhack and joining the IRC channel a month or two ago.

I hope  to have lots of fun with everybody here in geekack  :D
Leopold tenkeyless with MX Browns (FC200RT/AB)
Filco Majestouch 2 tenkeyless with MX Blues [DSA Dolch keycaps]
Massdrop ErgoDox (ordered)

Offline ace2445

« Reply #261 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 00:26:37 »
Hi everyone,

I'm from the UK. I started to get interested in mechanical keyboard after watching WhiteFireDragon's video on Youtube (They're awesome). Looking forward to learning from you guys.

Warm regards,
Ace

p/s: I can't wait to start building my 1st keyboard XD

Offline Thinkbank

« Reply #262 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 12:19:08 »
Howdy Folks!
Been lurking for ages, finally decided to register. Huge keyboard enthusiast, early computer user - first systems IBM PC AT and Commodore 64. Current Keyboard Corsair K70.

Regards :)

TB

Offline Prelim

« Reply #263 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 14:09:10 »
hi from Portugal,

been register for a while, but now it's time do spend more time here ;)
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline orihalcon

« Reply #264 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 18:44:29 »
Hello from Iowa! Haven't made any posts since geekhack was updated, so thought now would be a good time to start!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #265 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 22:43:38 »
Hello from Iowa! Haven't made any posts since geekhack was updated, so thought now would be a good time to start!

And very welcome indeed you are :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline teedotohhh

« Reply #266 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 21:06:53 »
A hello from Utah. Looking to get into the keyboard world. Hope this is a great place to start.   ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #267 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 22:21:43 »
A hello from Utah. Looking to get into the keyboard world. Hope this is a great place to start.   ;D

Welcome - it definitely is a good place the start :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MachineAres

« Reply #268 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 08:20:22 »
Greetings Geekhack,
I am a gamer and tech-savvy College Student. I have lurked around this forum for almost 2 weeks researching for my first budgeted mechanical keyboard, and I just take the courage to join today. I want to begin with a good quality mechanical keyboard, but that is worth the price for both typing and gaming. I am into MOBA/FPS type of games. I hope I learn a lot about this forum that I am entering.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 July 2014, 08:22:36 by MachineAres »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #269 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 19:03:26 »
Greetings Geekhack,
I am a gamer and tech-savvy College Student. I have lurked around this forum for almost 2 weeks researching for my first budgeted mechanical keyboard, and I just take the courage to join today. I want to begin with a good quality mechanical keyboard, but that is worth the price for both typing and gaming. I am into MOBA/FPS type of games. I hope I learn a lot about this forum that I am entering.

Welcome!

The best way to learn is to participate.

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #270 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 15:52:21 »
I bought a Topre board within two weeks of becoming a GeekHack member.

What's next? Whatever it is, I can't wait. :p :cool: :thumb:

What's next? Say goodbye to your wallet.

Oh wait, Topre? Nevermind. Steer clear of the MXs if you want your wallet to have any chance of surviving.

Coach, I guess I could have said three Topre boards, two Topre keysets, and a Topre clack all within a few weeks. ;)

I've had two Cherry boards for the past few (2-3) years. Now that I have made the jump to Topre, I'll probably start looking into modding my Cherrys.

Agreed, the price of KMACs, other high-end Cherry boards and those sorts are up there in $$$. :eek:

feet first.......'eh?

More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline caesar

« Reply #271 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 10:23:29 »
I am reading forums, feedbacks, reviews, learning terms and now my head like a bomb. How to make a decision if there are too many cool keyboards  :eek:

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #272 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 11:46:54 »
I am reading forums, feedbacks, reviews, learning terms and now my head like a bomb. How to make a decision if there are too many cool keyboards  :eek:

Step one get a switch tester.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #273 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 04:36:17 »

Get the cheapest quality one you like the best - at least then you will have something nice to type on while you decide which one to get next.

Offline caesar

« Reply #274 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 08:19:47 »
Thank you for answers. I think i will start with KUL es-87, really good quality for a little money. But didn't make an order yet.

« Reply #275 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 00:05:52 »
Hi, I'm new to the community, I've been lurking for a while and slowly growing more comfortable with posting, but yeah! Mechanical Keyboards are slick

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #276 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 06:25:04 »
Hi, I'm new to the community, I've been lurking for a while and slowly growing more comfortable with posting, but yeah! Mechanical Keyboards are slick

Welcome to Geekhack!

Post away - this is a great community :D

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #277 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 22:32:06 »
Hi All, been lurking for a while and decided to create an account. Inspired to join after getting my 1st MKB and found out i can do a lot with it. Now i am into creating my own keycaps due to the limited ones available in Malaysia and also into customizing my own stuff with my own ideas.  ;D
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline mougrim

« Reply #278 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 00:59:23 »
Good luck to you! World could be better with a few more artisans in it ;)

Offline Chino

« Reply #279 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 06:46:30 »
Hi guys my name is Angel. But most people know me by Chino,Chino1974. I have been building, fixing, modding pcs since the 386 days. I got into the modding community and forums about 4-5 years ago. I always known that mech boards are the best to have but never took it that serious. If I saw a board that I thought looked nice I got it. But in the last few months I've been becoming more aware of the whole mech board community. And since I'm pretty much done with my current main build I figured why not mod a board to match? In the last 2-3 months I've gone from a Roccat- Levetron Mech 5 (I know one of the ugliest boards out)- Corsair K60- Roccat Ryos MK Glow- Logitech G710+. Right now my main board is the G710+ with cherry browns and my test bench uses a K60 with cherry reds. I've been looking around trying to find a god deal on a new Poker II or other nice 60% board. Just my luck a buddy of mine who lives in town that I do a lot of buying, selling and trading of hardware with ended up have a extra KBTalking Race!!! He bought 2 modded one took the caps off the other and put it back in the box never to be used. So I got a great deal on a never used Race. It was originally a white body, pink keycap, cherry blue with white led backlighting board. He gave me the board in its box and a few different mixed sets of keycaps. Luckily though since I was going to be buying a nice 60% board soon I ordered 3 sets of doubleshot caps from Massdrop. 1 white with red font, 1 red with white font and one blue with white font. So hopefully I'll be able to make this Race look how I want it to in a few weeks when they deliver the caps. Anyways guys I would really appreciate any advice or tips about this board. I am hoping to be able to find a nice metal body for it. Eventually I'll definitely be getting a Poker II as well since it seems like that is the board of choice at the moment for modders. But the wife is cracking the whip so I have to get rid of some of my inventory before IO can get more new toys with sleeping in the dog house. Lol!!!

Offline bigDave

• The biggest
« Reply #280 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 13:07:33 »
Hi  ;D

Offline mclarenman01

« Reply #281 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 23:07:23 »
Hello all!

I've been lurking here for a week or so and figured the time had come to get in on the fun!

Like Chino I've been a long time PC overclocker/modder and stumbled across the whole mechanical keyboard community whilst shopping around on line for the next addition to my main gaming PC setup. I love pulling things apart and putting them back together and have restored cars, motorcycles and a lot of camera gear in the past. After having a look around on eBay I figured that cleaning up a couple of mechanical keyboards seemed like a great way to spend my next couple of weekends so I've picked up a Dell AT101W and Chicony KB-5181 to have a play with. I'm super excited!

Anywho, it's nice to meet you all. I look forward to getting involved here on geekhack :)

| Dell AT101W | Chicony KB-5181 |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #282 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 00:17:42 »
Hello all!

I've been lurking here for a week or so and figured the time had come to get in on the fun!

Like Chino I've been a long time PC overclocker/modder and stumbled across the whole mechanical keyboard community whilst shopping around on line for the next addition to my main gaming PC setup. I love pulling things apart and putting them back together and have restored cars, motorcycles and a lot of camera gear in the past. After having a look around on eBay I figured that cleaning up a couple of mechanical keyboards seemed like a great way to spend my next couple of weekends so I've picked up a Dell AT101W and Chicony KB-5181 to have a play with. I'm super excited!

Anywho, it's nice to meet you all. I look forward to getting involved here on geekhack :)

Welcome to Geekhack!

There is probably more that you can do with a keyboard than you realise :p

Offline usno_oj

« Reply #283 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 20:39:12 »
Hello all!
I've been a long-time lurker on GH and finally decided to register!  :D
My interest keeps growing and I can't help but to browse the forum at least a couple times a day. Just by browsing, I'm learning something new each day and hope to one day expand my knowledge well enough to help new members as well.

P.S. I can understand why many members call it wallethack with all the eye-candy goodness going around here!

Offline xiabingling

• Happy Holidays
« Reply #284 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 22:12:09 »
Hi everyone, I am newbine. I hope to receive your help.  :D :D :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #285 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 22:34:55 »
Hi everyone, I am newbine. I hope to receive your help.  :D :D :D

Welcome to Geekhack!

Please visit the Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread first, maybe someone has already answered your questions!

Offline atectatifern

« Reply #286 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 21:02:10 »
Arriving here after already having bought a Noppoo on Massdrop, a Filco on eBay, and gotten in on the Granite drop. At this rate, I am likely to be found walking the streets asking for donations to support my mechanical keyboard habit. Looking forward to enjoying the site.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #287 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 22:04:08 »
Arriving here after already having bought a Noppoo on Massdrop, a Filco on eBay, and gotten in on the Granite drop. At this rate, I am likely to be found walking the streets asking for donations to support my mechanical keyboard habit. Looking forward to enjoying the site.

Welcome to Wallethack! :p

Offline JackTinslag

« Reply #288 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 08:58:35 »
Hello, I was intdroduced to this by a friend. How did everyone else find it?

Offline JackMills

« Reply #289 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 09:42:44 »
By accident, when browsing for ergonomical keyboards. The amount of information made me stay. I am still keeping my wallet closed, but I feel like I am about to learn what wallethack is all about.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #290 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 17:39:41 »

Welcome to Geekhack!

Your post inspired me to make a thread to engage people in discussion about how they found GH, but I did my usual trick and found these old threads:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=5896.0
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=7065.0

And this newer thread:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50689.0

Feel free to post in that last one, and we'll see if we can get the discussion going again :)

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #291 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 21:35:41 »
Hello GeekHack!! I recently fell hard for mechanical keyboards and now here I am :)

Seemed like the logical next step since half of what I google sends me here.
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline laulypop

• My Twitch
« Reply #292 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 22:11:31 »
It all started when I youtube searched asmr and saw a video of a sexy keyboard.. and went downhill from there. tried browns, too light. next up is greens. first time I heard that click for myself in person, I could not stop. and I will not go back. typing on a rubber dome right now, the mushiness hurts me :confused:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #293 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 22:43:21 »
Hello GeekHack!! I recently fell hard for mechanical keyboards and now here I am :)

Seemed like the logical next step since half of what I google sends me here.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Only half?  We'll have to try better :))

It all started when I youtube searched asmr and saw a video of a sexy keyboard.. and went downhill from there. tried browns, too light. next up is greens. first time I heard that click for myself in person, I could not stop. and I will not go back. typing on a rubber dome right now, the mushiness hurts me :confused:

Welcome to Geekhack!

Greens mmm :)  Just wait until you try buckling spring.  Or some Alps!

Offline iamblamb

« Reply #294 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 16:26:53 »
Howdy, I'm a pretty hardcore gamer and found this site shortly after my keyboard died (my computer died the same night).  I revived my computer that night, but it took a few hours the next morning to get my keyboard up.  Its a membrane keyboard, a mirror lycosa.  I'm pretty smitten with the way it types and the textural feel of its keys.  However, I've wanted a mech for a while because of their longevity and I'm getting more and more annoyed with the selective anti ghosting from the razer.  I know the fix on it will be only temporary because there is some corrosion on the board with which the razer comes equipped.  So I'm looking for a good mech.  The problem is that I roll combos on my keys alot and the valleys on mechs aren't good for that.  So it seems that I'm left with one option.  Custom keycaps for a mech keyboard!  I think I've settled on a Corsair K70 RGB.  I'll buy one after I build my new rig and after corsair works out the kinks.  Then I think I'll go in with some thick dampeners to reduce the max downpush distance.  Then I'll go into rhino and model some new super-shallow keycaps and 3d print em (maybe in steel.)  Might even get fancy with it and put a hole in the middle and laser cut some acrylic for the middle so they still light up.  Anybody currently undertaking the same endeavor?  Anybody know of a place where I can just buy some really shallow sloped (non-chiclet keys) for cherry mx's?  Any advise/questions/comments/concerns/criticisms?

-Lamb

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #295 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 04:20:58 »
Howdy, I'm a pretty hardcore gamer and found this site shortly after my keyboard died (my computer died the same night).  I revived my computer that night, but it took a few hours the next morning to get my keyboard up.  Its a membrane keyboard, a mirror lycosa.  I'm pretty smitten with the way it types and the textural feel of its keys.  However, I've wanted a mech for a while because of their longevity and I'm getting more and more annoyed with the selective anti ghosting from the razer.  I know the fix on it will be only temporary because there is some corrosion on the board with which the razer comes equipped.  So I'm looking for a good mech.  The problem is that I roll combos on my keys alot and the valleys on mechs aren't good for that.  So it seems that I'm left with one option.  Custom keycaps for a mech keyboard!  I think I've settled on a Corsair K70 RGB.  I'll buy one after I build my new rig and after corsair works out the kinks.  Then I think I'll go in with some thick dampeners to reduce the max downpush distance.  Then I'll go into rhino and model some new super-shallow keycaps and 3d print em (maybe in steel.)  Might even get fancy with it and put a hole in the middle and laser cut some acrylic for the middle so they still light up.  Anybody currently undertaking the same endeavor?  Anybody know of a place where I can just buy some really shallow sloped (non-chiclet keys) for cherry mx's?  Any advise/questions/comments/concerns/criticisms?

-Lamb

Welcome to Geekhack!

DSA profile are probably the thinnest MX keycaps, but they are all the same height, like a chicklet keyboard, but much thicker than chicklet keycaps.

Yo ucan get them in ABS and occasionally PBT, which lasts longer.

To get an idea what it looks like, browse through the Granite GB thread.

Offline bigteks

« Reply #296 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 07:23:36 »
Hi - I joined this forum to try to get access to this keyboard utility:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48105.msg1029025#msg1029025

It looks like replies are closed on that particular thread. I am having the same issue the original poster had - the utility link doesn't lead to a download anymore. I would reply to that thread and ask for an update - but it is closed. Can someone who has access to the keyboard debouncer KeybounceFilter.exe post it again?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #297 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 23:33:00 »
Hi - I joined this forum to try to get access to this keyboard utility:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48105.msg1029025#msg1029025

It looks like replies are closed on that particular thread. I am having the same issue the original poster had - the utility link doesn't lead to a download anymore. I would reply to that thread and ask for an update - but it is closed. Can someone who has access to the keyboard debouncer KeybounceFilter.exe post it again?

Welcome to Geekhack!

The AHK script might be here:

http://pastebin.com/XYErShPB

Offline bigteks

« Reply #298 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 11:56:52 »
Sweet - I found it and it worked. Been fighting that for a year and just that easy, now my laptop keyboard works as it should. So nice not to have to edit everything I type to delete all the extra chars!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #299 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 02:35:28 »
Sweet - I found it and it worked. Been fighting that for a year and just that easy, now my laptop keyboard works as it should. So nice not to have to edit everything I type to delete all the extra chars!

A success story :)

Although really you should not be having that sort of difficulty in the first place in this day and age.