Author Topic: How do you manage your multiple keyboards?  (Read 35513 times)

Offline Wolfseye

Re: How do you manage your multiple keyboards?
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 10:22:05 »
But all these boards, are they different switches (if mechanical) and why different?

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (MX-Blue/Green LEDs) - Ducky Shine 3 (MX-Red/Pink LEDs) - Ducky Shine 4 (MX-Blue/Red&Blue LEDs) - CM Storm Quickfire TK (MX-Brown/White LEDs) - TTeSports Poseidon Z RGB (Kailh-Blue)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 12:32:38 »
I do not need any fancy rack, nor shelve to keep my only one keyboard, that I am typing on right with now.

Offline happyturtlee

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 12:42:58 »
I just keep both on my desk because they look cool :D. One board is my Poker II with MX cherry clears and the other board is my HHKB. The only thing about switching between the two is that the backspace on the HHKB always messes me up. I think next year when I start working (I graduate this year), I'll have another desk at work so I can just leave a keyboard at work potentially.

Offline Wolfseye

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 12:57:05 »
For me its simply both the Corsair K95 in brown and red switches. Both have something for some use that the other isn't as good for. Never thought it makes sense with 2 keyboards but the feel says otherwise.

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (MX-Blue/Green LEDs) - Ducky Shine 3 (MX-Red/Pink LEDs) - Ducky Shine 4 (MX-Blue/Red&Blue LEDs) - CM Storm Quickfire TK (MX-Brown/White LEDs) - TTeSports Poseidon Z RGB (Kailh-Blue)

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:11:30 »
Hi guys,

really interesting how much people can talk about keyboards. ;) So far I always used one keyboard, but now I am thinking about using two in the future. Funny enough they are the same Model, just different switches. Not sure if that makes sense. But with MX-Red Switches I can play better, while I noticed with MX-Brown switches I can type better. Does that make sense or is it just me imagining it ?

Or is it even counter productive to use different switches for the wrists, can that lead to more pain in the long run or do I just get used to it ?

Cheers

Wolfseye
Nope, perfectly normal.  Once you figure out what works best, you'll have to have it.  And just like different clothes for different weather, there's always the right keyboard for the job.  :thumb:

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:28:55 »
I got my blue Poker II on desk at home and carry my clear Pok3r to campus. But sometimes I also switch my clear to home-used when I need to code at home :D

You should try swapping cases, leave the Poker 2 in the aluminum case and bring the Poker 3 in the plastic case. I have had a few people tell me they didn't want to transport a Poker 3 due to the heavy aluminum case.

Offline pyrolovesmoney

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:33:37 »
I have a keyboard tray. depending on the activity dictates which gets used. they 60% is up on the desk level with the monitor, the 100% is on the keyboard tray and the logitech media controller is stowed away to the side by the router and gets pulled up whenver there is a need to be away from the desk. all are hooked up 100% of the time I am at home. the 60% travels with me to work 3-4 days a week and its hooked up when needed but the 100% membrane gets used when I have tk activities seriuosly needed.

Offline dan002

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:41:13 »
Okay so I have a topre and cherry mx. The cherry has been sitting in the drawer because I have not been gaming very much. It's weird having two boards and I ask my self, "self, why do you have two boards?". I guess it's good to have a backup. I have a backup mouse in case my main one were to breaks. So what started as a keyboard for when I game has mostly become a backup.
Peace, love and keyboards.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 14:11:12 »
Weeeell…

I have about, ahem, a hundred keyboards lying all over the place. I need MOAR boxes!

Meanwhile, I just type on my ErgoDox (for prolonged sessions, typically at my desktop), TypeMatrix 2030 (on the go, because I'm not afraid to toss it in a backpack) and *sometimes* some staggered compact keyboard for editing/gaming/… (Noppoo Choc Mini, modded CM Storm QFR or some Cherry G80-1800).

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 14:45:12 »
Use them one at a time
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Wolfseye

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 16:13:02 »
So you think that using two different mechanical switches cant be bad for the wrist ? In the beginning, after using the Red Switches, i had some pain in my wrist. But when I changed my arm position and seating, it went better again. Now that I tried the brown switches, same keyboard model, i feel some slight pain again. Is that because i shouldnt use two different switches, or is that a sign that my wrist / arm is getting used to it or what do you think ?

Just want to be sure, so I can return the keyboards I will not keep, in time.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 22:16:26 »
So you think that using two different mechanical switches cant be bad for the wrist ? In the beginning, after using the Red Switches, i had some pain in my wrist. But when I changed my arm position and seating, it went better again. Now that I tried the brown switches, same keyboard model, i feel some slight pain again. Is that because i shouldnt use two different switches, or is that a sign that my wrist / arm is getting used to it or what do you think ?

Just want to be sure, so I can return the keyboards I will not keep, in time.
Each keyboard has a different feel to it requiring different efforts from your hands at different times.  I'm sure once you find the sweet spot on each and get used to each, swapping won't be a real effort once you have your setup right.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 22:31:44 »
I have 3 boards I use, a GON HHKB, 55g HHKB, and my MA42. The HHKB is my class/ library board and at home I change boards based on what switch I want to use.

On the subject of wrist pain, it probably has to do with your posture/ arm placement when typing.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Wolfseye

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 00:18:30 »
And I don't know if that's normal as well, but it's ALWAYS my right wrist. Never my left. So if I, like you're saying, hold my arm wrong or don't sit correct, why would it always be my right wrist and not the other? Last night I really had a lot of pain, couldn't type anymore.
Wondering if that keyboard is the right one for me, thinking of returning it as well. Unfortunately very few mechanical Keyboards these days have wrist rests anymore, no idea why.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 11:06:03 »
And I don't know if that's normal as well, but it's ALWAYS my right wrist. Never my left. So if I, like you're saying, hold my arm wrong or don't sit correct, why would it always be my right wrist and not the other? Last night I really had a lot of pain, couldn't type anymore.
Wondering if that keyboard is the right one for me, thinking of returning it as well. Unfortunately very few mechanical Keyboards these days have wrist rests anymore, no idea why.

If it's your right wrist on either board, then you are doing something odd with your right wrist that strains it over time.  You'll need to experiment with your hands and body positioning to find out what that is.  But stop typing as soon as you have pain or you're going to permanently damage your hand!

« Last Edit: Wed, 04 November 2015, 13:11:33 by SamirD »

Offline Wolfseye

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 12:01:31 »
If it's your right wrist on either board, then you are doing something odd with your right wrist that strains it over time.  You'll need to experiment with your hands and body positioning to find out what that is.  But stop typing as soon as you have paid or you're going to permanently damage your hand!
What do you mean with your last sentence?

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 13:11:59 »
If it's your right wrist on either board, then you are doing something odd with your right wrist that strains it over time.  You'll need to experiment with your hands and body positioning to find out what that is.  But stop typing as soon as you have paid or you're going to permanently damage your hand!
What do you mean with your last sentence?

Whoops type.  Should make more sense now.  :thumb:

Offline yowaffle

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 13:29:24 »
4 Keyboards: Ducky Shine 4 [mx brown], v60 [Matias Quiet], Poker II [mx clear], KC60 [zealios]

Desktop:
Gaming: Ducky Shine 4
Not gaming: Not the Ducky

Work:
Not Ducky, depends on my mood

iPad:
KC60 or v60
V60 [MQC] | KC60 [Zealiostotles] | Leopold FC660c [Topre] |  Ducky Shine 4 [MX Brown] | MiniVan [Zealios]

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • You make my words I'm gonna get my grade 10
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 16:02:00 »
I only have 2 boards, topre and mx, but I keep them both on my desk next to each other. I use the mx for gaming and the topre for everything else. I feel bad not using one or the other too much because they're so expensive! Maybe I'll use one keyboard for each hand  ;D
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 November 2015, 16:05:25 by Jema »

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 16:05:30 »
My IBM Model M, Poker 2 and Siig Minitouch pretty much just sit on a display desk all lonesome like. I mostly use my Novatouch but from time to time I'll switch out when I feel like it.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 16:50:53 »
Most of them are sitting in the closet... Tempted to sell my Model M and Ducky Shine 4 as they never get any love

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 18:06:49 »
Most of them are sitting in the closet... Tempted to sell my Model M and Ducky Shine 4 as they never get any love
I'm always interested in picking up another Model M. ;)

Offline Kirbee

• * Destiny Supporter
  • bzz bzz
    • my art blog
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 18:07:49 »
So far I only have 2 keyboards, one at home and one in my dorm room. If I end up getting too many I might build a display rack for both my keyboards and my increasing collection of artisan caps, which are currently stored away in the closet.

Monoprice Blues | KBP v60 Clears

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 18:28:27 »
I must have at least 100 keyboards. Most are dirt-encrusted relics in boxes awaiting eventual refurbishing and possible resale. Others are ready for use, also in boxes. Because I have three workstations (one at home and two at work), I can keep three keyboards in play at a time. I don't have a strict rotation, but from time to time I feel the urge to change keyboards. Most of the time, I stick with my silenced HHKB Pro 2, but at the moment I am using a silenced RF87UB45.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 19:24:52 »
I must have at least 100 keyboards. Most are dirt-encrusted relics in boxes awaiting eventual refurbishing and possible resale. Others are ready for use, also in boxes. Because I have three workstations (one at home and two at work), I can keep three keyboards in play at a time. I don't have a strict rotation, but from time to time I feel the urge to change keyboards. Most of the time, I stick with my silenced HHKB Pro 2, but at the moment I am using a silenced RF87UB45.
Wow, that's a lot of keyboards!  How much space does all that take up?

Offline opensecret

• 公开的秘密
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 14:31:30 »
I use a distributed model.  I’ll occasionally move things around, but the current line-up is:

Home:  Corsair K95 (Cherry red) on my PC, refurbished Model M on my wife’s (which replaces the OEM POS that came with her PC, though I think the beauty of buckling springs isn’t something she notices)

Summer place:  Realforce 87u  with my laptop, and Mattias Mini Quiet Pro on my wife’s machine

Office: Realforce 103u on my desktop, and Northgate Omni Key Ultra connected to my laptop

The laptop, a Thinkpad T450s, has a pretty nice keyboard of its own, but I plug in a mech when I can. 

I find the hardest thing about switching among boards isn’t the difference in the switches – I enjoy the variety.  The problem is difference in layouts – the laptop in particular has a number of keys in nonstandard sizes and locations.
IBM Model M |Matias Mini Quiet Pro|Plum 84EC-S|RealForce 103U-UW & 87U-UW|Omnikey Ultra T| 2 Omnikey Ultras| WASD V2| Xmit Hall Effect|

Offline zod000

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 14:37:21 »
I keep 4 on my desk (model M, acer with white alps, ducky shin 3 with browns, ergodox with clears) and the rest are on a shelf in the closet until I bring them out for a turn.  I don't use some of them that I don't like, like the space invaders, XM alps, or dampened cream alps.  I also have some TKL MX boards around the house at other computers.

I am thinking of making some sort of vertical wall mount rack to display them all, but I haven't worked out the details yet.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 22:51:53 »
I find the hardest thing about switching among boards isn’t the difference in the switches – I enjoy the variety.  The problem is difference in layouts – the laptop in particular has a number of keys in nonstandard sizes and locations.
That's what gets me too.  I tried a Unicomp M122 for the first time today.  Felt great, but I couldn't find half of what I was used to.  The funniest part was when I tried to hit escape and there's not even a key in that area, lol.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 22:52:47 »
I don't use some of them that I don't like, like the space invaders, XM alps, or dampened cream alps.
So why keep them if you don't like them and don't use them?  Collecting?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 23:17:09 »
Indecisiveness is the only reason to keep multiple keyboards.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 00:13:17 »
I usually flip between a couple favorites somewhat randomly, whichever one I have been last tinkering with usually. Some others go on the wall mount thing.

Out of date photo:
Show Image

THIS IS SICK!

I usually take my little 60% with me around uni and I will also use it at home if I doing a lot of work that requires the mouse. I will use my TKL when I am playing EVE though as I need the function keys. TBH I need more keyboards than I got. I've got 3 computers but only 2 keyboards. ^:/

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #81 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 00:28:10 »
Simple... fc660c as daily driver. CM TKL for gaming and a Full Leopold for work.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 00:29:31 »
whichever keyboard I'm not using goes into the trash

Offline umeboshi

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 02:33:20 »
Loaned some to interested coworkers; otherwise they get rotated in and out of storage boxes...

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 09:00:39 »
TBH I need more keyboards than I got. I've got 3 computers but only 2 keyboards. ^:/
Well, you've come to the right place.  ;D
:eek:  I will take such trash and treasure it.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #85 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 10:51:00 »
I can't handle 1+ keyboards, especially not 1+ switch types, I was previously always building/buying 2+ keyboards for rotation, yet it never worked, I currently have a single keyboard that I maintain
(1+ switch types doesn't work, even if the layout is identical, my muscle memories doesn't work from tactile to clickies for example, I'm maimed)

I only need a second keyboard as spare when I'm working on my main keyboard (changing keycaps, servicing stabs etc.)

Might build a second identical keyboard just to make it an actual spare, tho I almost always regret it, as with time better things come along (custom pcb's on the horizon)

TL;DR: one is simple
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
    • RoastPotatoes Keyboard Blog
« Reply #86 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 11:05:11 »
I can't handle 1+ keyboards, especially not 1+ switch types, I was previously always building/buying 2+ keyboards for rotation, yet it never worked, I currently have a single keyboard that I maintain
(1+ switch types doesn't work, even if the layout is identical, my muscle memories doesn't work from tactile to clickies for example, I'm maimed)

I only need a second keyboard as spare when I'm working on my main keyboard (changing keycaps, servicing stabs etc.)

Might build a second identical keyboard just to make it an actual spare, tho I almost always regret it, as with time better things come along (custom pcb's on the horizon)

What is your one?

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 11:15:21 »

What is your one?

Pre-One duos + The One

116555-0

Lubed switches, improved stabilisers, 1.75/1.25 arrows for fast arrow usage, tmk firmware/overrides, got all that I want/need, I have a USB switch, switching the same keyboard between OSX/Windows too, has a windows layer that makes it more windows friendly

Struggling with keycap colors tho, currently have too many colors on that doesn't go too well, going to normalize things more, likely going to stick to CMYW only and leave Dolch Esc+Backspace's on similar to the Pre-One duos
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 11:30:40 »

Can confirm. Seen board in trash.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 12:18:00 »
I usually flip between a couple favorites somewhat randomly, whichever one I have been last tinkering with usually. Some others go on the wall mount thing.

Out of date photo:
Show Image

THIS IS SICK!

I usually take my little 60% with me around uni and I will also use it at home if I doing a lot of work that requires the mouse. I will use my TKL when I am playing EVE though as I need the function keys. TBH I need more keyboards than I got. I've got 3 computers but only 2 keyboards. ^:/

This is genius! Gonna steal this idea :D

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 15:44:06 »

Can confirm. Seen board in trash.
:'(  Always a good home here for some.  I have more systems that need keyboards and more workstation setups to deploy in the next year.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 16:08:56 »

What is your one?

Pre-One duos + The One

(Attachment Link)

Lubed switches, improved stabilisers, 1.75/1.25 arrows for fast arrow usage, tmk firmware/overrides, got all that I want/need, I have a USB switch, switching the same keyboard between OSX/Windows too, has a windows layer that makes it more windows friendly

Struggling with keycap colors tho, currently have too many colors on that doesn't go too well, going to normalize things more, likely going to stick to CMYW only and leave Dolch Esc+Backspace's on similar to the Pre-One duos

it seems that you cannot live without dedicated arrows.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 17:03:25 »
impossible, the bottleneck is the arrows for me, a TKL would be simpler but the width gain from the 60% really eases/improves mouse usage

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 20:15:42 »
impossible, the bottleneck is the arrows for me, a TKL would be simpler but the width gain from the 60% really eases/improves mouse usage

maybe... you should look into getting a leopold fc660c or fc660m.. It might suite you needs.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #94 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 22:02:55 »

How long did you try it for? It took me a while to not having dedicated arrow keys but now I absolutely prefer having them on a function layer and assigned to IJKL

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 22:05:09 »

How long did you try it for? It took me a while to not having dedicated arrow keys but now I absolutely prefer having them on a function layer and assigned to IJKL

It took me a while to get used to HHKB arrow layer, but then I was using TKL at work and HHKB only for a couple of hours in the evening.

I still prefer TKL arrows for a lot of things, but I can use HHKB arrows without any difficulty now.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dummytim

• Keyboards = Life
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 22:25:32 »
Well I have 3 keyboards right now.

I do use my Poker for both school and some gaming at home when I don't feel like using my A.87. My 3rd keyboard has been sitting in a corner but I haven't gotten rid of it because it was my first keyboard.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #97 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 22:32:48 »

Have you ever tried space-FN? I was in the same shoes you are, a year ago. I am now typing in a Nerd60 with no need for dedicated arrows at all, using a VIM style arrows located at the home row with even more productivity than to have them at the right side, as I use to have in my Poker X and Leo FC660M. I always had issues sourcing key caps for the FC660M, I really hate that, now I am using standard ANSI winkey less.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 07:17:04 »
maybe... you should look into getting a leopold fc660c or fc660m.. It might suite you needs.

1u arrows in a crowded layout isn't very usable, that's why I switched to 1.25 ones, however a fc660c would be an interesting experience (keycap inflexibility is still bad tho, also the case is plastic, so it would just be a fling)

Not long but enough to understand that I'm a crude typist, using non-dedicated arrows would make me a dumbass, taking the most used keys and putting them under a layer just doesn't make sense

It depends a lot on what kind of a typist you are and what exactly you do, with my typing/programming style I use arrows at extremes, however H/IJKL/M arrows are probably programmer arrows too, so it depends :)

It took me a while to get used to HHKB arrow layer, but then I was using TKL at work and HHKB only for a couple of hours in the evening.

I still prefer TKL arrows for a lot of things, but I can use HHKB arrows without any difficulty now.

Out of curiosity, have you tried playing Broforce with them? (or any other game that uses arrows)
While playing Broforce I realised that my typing style is pretty similar, I travel a lot with the arrows

Have you ever tried space-FN? I was in the same shoes you are, a year ago. I am now typing in a Nerd60 with no need for dedicated arrows at all, using a VIM style arrows located at the home row with even more productivity than to have them at the right side, as I use to have in my Poker X and Leo FC660M. I always had issues sourcing key caps for the FC660M, I really hate that, now I am using standard ANSI winkey less.

No I didn't, I'm guessing you are a home-row typist, I'm strictly not

I was in your shoes 2-3 months ago, that's why I built those 2 keyboards, so that I can have a keyboard with standard keycaps (the 1u arrows and such), the logic was to get keycaps first, and find/build a keyboard for those keycaps, I couldn't be more wrong, optimal typing experience should come first and keycaps should be a late quest

+, Further wearing off topic, I could get a custom SP DCS/SA or DSA keycap set for a fraction of the cost I spent gathering GMK/other keycaps for several awkward layouts, so after doing all these, finding the optimal layout/keyboard first makes a lot of sense, free from keycap worries

Offline shibataken

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 15:44:43 »
Rotate based on the switch needed at the time.  Have to type a report?  Whip out my ducky brown Want to game? Whip out my Cmstorm with red switches.  I give love to all my boards based on the situation ;)