Author Topic: Question for keyset designers regarding international kits  (Read 1709 times)

Offline salgiza

Question for keyset designers regarding international kits
« on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 04:24:27 »
I've noticed that this hobby is becoming more popular in Spain, or at least more people that I know are showing interest in mechanical keyboards... but we seem to have a chicken and egg problem:

* People lose interest as they find that there are very little keycap sets that included support for the ES layout (and they are hard to find).
* Most keycaps don't support the ES layout because there are not that many people that buy them.

I've tried to help a little with the first part by creating a thread that links to all sets that include "South" kittings, but I would like if is there anything to help with he former, at least by compiling resources or anything that might make it easier for you to include support for our layouts in GBs.

I mean, GMK sets are out of the question, because I know that there is still not enough demand to meet the MOQ. But at least KAM, KAT, ePBT sets don't have that problem, and including South (or even FR/BE and other layouts) support is just a matter of making the effort to design the kitting. But there is the key word: effort.

I know that many of you are doing this for fun, and adding support for these layouts can feel pointless if the demand is low. So my question is: is there anything that could make it easier/faster for you to create these sittings? If you are not including South or FR layouts, is there anything that could convince you to support them in future IC/GBs?

Maybe there is nothing that can be done and this is a pointless post, but I felt that at least I should ask!
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 August 2021, 04:55:36 by salgiza »