Author Topic: Question about blackwidow tournament ed. keycaps  (Read 2655 times)

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
Question about blackwidow tournament ed. keycaps
« on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 07:34:35 »
Hi guys thank god i found this forum :)

I know that the caps on this blackwidow is slightly different on the ctrl winkey side. something like (1.5, 1, 1.5 spacing i guess).
Where can i get replacements for those sizes? i only just want white blank ones but wasdkeyboards doesnt seem to have the size for those.

I should've just get the cm storm tenkeyless but my girlfriend really wants that tournament ed.
any thoughts guys?
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Question about blackwidow tournament ed. keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 07:44:34 »
Welcome to GH!

I think you'll want a Tsangan/1.5x modifier kit for your Blackwidow Tournament Edition but the spacebar looks like its a weird size. And Tsangan kits can be found in the classifieds or group buys.

You'll find that most people prefer the CoolerMaster QuickFireRapid to anything Razer. In fact, the QFR is one of the most popular boards; people are always recommending them as a beginner mech board.

Let me know if you have anymore questions, enjoy your stay :D

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 07:58:40 »
Welcome to GH!

I think you'll want a Tsangan/1.5x modifier kit for your Blackwidow Tournament Edition but the spacebar looks like its a weird size. And Tsangan kits can be found in the classifieds or group buys.

You'll find that most people prefer the CoolerMaster QuickFireRapid to anything Razer. In fact, the QFR is one of the most popular boards; people are always recommending them as a beginner mech board.

Let me know if you have anymore questions, enjoy your stay :D

Yeah I like the QFR too. I did forgot to say that its a gift for my girlfriend haha. and she likes that keyboard over qfr. Thanks for the reply man. researching on the tsangan now. hope they got a white one :)
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 11:08:47 »
You can get replacement key in 1.5, 1 size in DCS profile from Signature Plastics with or without legend. Or if legend is OK, then also from Cherry keyboards. Just keep in mind that neither of those will have the same key shape and height as the stock keycap on the Razer, so it would be best to get an entire set for uniform typing feeling. Of course may be one of those people that mismatch does not bother. In that case if not matching profile is no concern, you could simply get key from wrong row and use tab and letter key from that row if buy from wasd.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 11:16:40 »
I didn't know I could get mods from SP. Thanks Ivan

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 11:25:47 »
If they happen to have them in their blank key inventory you can. It depends though, they may not have them at all or only in some heinous color depending on when you check.

Offline orlando

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 11:33:40 »
I actually got a te blackwidow brown for my first mx keyboard and I found it to be pretty good. It now resides in its box in a closet simply because the key font / bezel with the logo began to annoy me. I thought about replacing the keycaps as well but I'd still be stuck with the logo starring at me.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 11:37:51 »
Mod it. There have been a few pretty nice Razer BW mods around here that made them look 200% better. Maybe have a look for some of those and get some inspiration.

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 13:08:43 »
You can get replacement key in 1.5, 1 size in DCS profile from Signature Plastics with or without legend. Or if legend is OK, then also from Cherry keyboards. Just keep in mind that neither of those will have the same key shape and height as the stock keycap on the Razer, so it would be best to get an entire set for uniform typing feeling. Of course may be one of those people that mismatch does not bother. In that case if not matching profile is no concern, you could simply get key from wrong row and use tab and letter key from that row if buy from wasd.

thanks Ivan! But sp doesn't have a window for to pick 1.5 keys. or maybe i should contact them first?
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 13:17:01 »
You have to see if they are in stock (you'll be looking for 1.5 Row4, which shows they only have grey right now) in some color that suits you here, then enter the product code on this page to make the order.

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 19:00:18 »
Check out this guy's tourney edition....

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39342.0
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red