Author Topic: Scarface keycaps?  (Read 2692 times)

Offline crABtoad

Scarface keycaps?
« on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 14:23:14 »
Sorry if this is a silly question, but...

I saw some of those keycaps made by scarface on these pages:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=231904
http://cafe.naver.com/sfkey.cafe?iframe_url=/ArticleList.nhn%3Fsearch.clubid=16426502%26search.menuid=62%26search.boardtype=I

They look amazing.

Are these available ever, from anywhere?  I'm just guessing by the low amount of info available on these that they're next to impossible to find and/or they were a limited run that's no longer being produced.

Failing them being available...  Anyone have any input on Feng's zinc set?  I heard there were fitment issues on the first run, but his ebay page indicates this is no longer an issue.

Thanks!

Offline Dgsbllx

Re: Scarface keycaps?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 14:25:39 »
They are from some group buy a long time ago. Longweight was selling a set not so long back, but that is the only time I've ever seen them on sale. It might be worth sending him a PM but they are in the region of $600+
Unsure about the zinc set, someone should be able to fill you in!

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 14:25:41 »
They are incredibly hard to find, mine cost me around $600 USD.

They are so much better than the zinc caps, I bought some to use on a different board but couldn't do it.

Offline crABtoad

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 14:40:55 »
Yeah, I just found them on your website this morning and that's kinda what precipitated my posting here...  Bit rich for my blood, but they look like super nice.

Any chance you're still selling them?  I probably couldn't afford them, but just wondering.  I'll probably try a set of feng's and see what they're like (closer to my budget).

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 14:45:52 »
Nah I love them too much and no one offered me enough!

Offline crABtoad

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 14:54:21 »
Well, congrats on the sick keycaps anyway man.  Any chance scarface or someone else might start up production of alu caps in the future?  I mean, I know you guys can't predict the future and all, but any rumors about it?

I'll most likely end up getting a pair of feng's zinc ones anyway, just to try out metal caps.