Author Topic: Putting Das Keyboard Ultimate S back together  (Read 2804 times)

Offline maTTkOwiCH

Putting Das Keyboard Ultimate S back together
« on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 05:05:26 »
So, I decided to clean my Das Keyboard Ultimate S Model (blank key caps). Unfortunately, I was stupid enough not to organize key caps and now I have ended up with key caps all mixed together.

I am unable to find layout or blueprint which would tell me where to put particular key cap back on. Some caps have markings on the inner side like R1 14, and so on, but not all of them (some only have number like 41, some even lack the marking -.-).

If any of you guys and girls know, how to put this keyboard back together, I beg him / her to help me.

Thank you in advance

Offline Jack

Re: Putting Das Keyboard Ultimate S back together
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 05:23:44 »
I pulled some keys off mine to look. The letter rows are labeled R1, R2, and R3 from bottom to top.  The numbers on the number pad are the same way. The arrow keys are R1 and the bottom row of the block above that is R3. The rest just have numbers instead of row labels. I guess they're meant to go in sequence but they all seem to be the same profile anyway.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
Re: Putting Das Keyboard Ultimate S back together
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 08:12:49 »
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/resources/keycap-layout

Here you go, now just try to match all the numbers lol.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden