Author Topic: SP Grab Bags  (Read 4732 times)

Offline Tactile

SP Grab Bags
« on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 08:18:47 »
Well, yesterday was the big... er... instant. 300 grab bags, with a limit of one per order, sold out in 80 seconds. I got my order in. How did everyone else do?

[EDIT]
For our listeners tuning in late, SP is Signature Plastics/Pimp My Keyboard

http://pimpmykeyboard.com/
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 January 2017, 19:48:41 by Tactile »
REΛLFORCE

Offline need

Re: SP Grab Bags
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 08:20:32 »
Didn't even bother to get it... my first time was a disappointing one so that's also my last time

Offline Serbaside

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 08:22:19 »
About 20 seconds too late... 80 seconds is crazy.

Next time I bet they up the price or reduce the weight of the bags to sell more.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 08:35:50 »
If only SP could figure out a system to sell regular keysets as well as their crap bags.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 08:41:30 »
If only SP could figure out a system to sell regular keysets as well as their crap bags.

IMO it's not the sales, but the shipping. Today is day 7 & I'm still awaiting my shipping info for the Ice Cap set I ordered last week. I'm getting used to their sluggish shipping but I still don't like it.
REΛLFORCE

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 08:42:54 »

IMO it's not the sales, but the shipping. Today is day 7 & I'm still awaiting my shipping info for the Ice Cap set I ordered last week. I'm getting used to their sluggish shipping but I still don't like it.

Honestly SP should just set themselves up as an Amazon FBA seller.

Actually if Melissa or Bob are reading this I'm offering myself as a consultant just hit me up.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 January 2017, 08:47:16 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 13:55:23 »
None of the sets they were touting were of particular interest to me so I passed on it.  I've already got DSA and SA sets so no need to try them out via the crap bag.  I'll wait.  Perhaps next year will provide a more interesting unicorn vomit layout.

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 22:27:35 »
What was the price?

Offline Tactile

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 22:42:33 »
What was the price?

$50 and a flat $15 shipping to anywhere.
REΛLFORCE

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 13:58:20 »
My crapbag shipped next day. Never went in before but I did this time for the hell of it. Got a 30% Ortho and a numpad that maybe I can fill with it no vomit, and maybe a couple cool random caps.
keyboards.

Offline mniels

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 14:09:56 »

I ordered an Ice Cap ortho set on Sunday and got shipping notification last night.  Tracking is still not updated, but it seemed reasonable (especially after what I had heard about their slow shipping.)

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 16:26:19 »

I ordered an Ice Cap ortho set on Sunday and got shipping notification last night.  Tracking is still not updated, but it seemed reasonable (especially after what I had heard about their slow shipping.)

If you keep your expectations low, you won't be disappointed!  (as often)

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 01:34:18 »
All I need are 10 white R3 SA blanks to get a better fit for my Nantucket planck blank set (which is all R2/R4). No one ever sells the regular nantucket planck kit. :\
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 19:55:12 »
Did anyone here get one of those special keycaps in their bag/
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ