Author Topic: Any one play King of Fighters XIII?  (Read 4293 times)

Offline slueth

Any one play King of Fighters XIII?
« on: Sat, 24 March 2012, 04:53:00 »
Anyone?  I know there is a lot of sf and mvc3 people but anyone play the best and honest fighter out there?

Offline Hente

• huehuehue
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 24 March 2012, 05:05:30 »
I was considering picking up the game but none of my friends seem to want to play the game & I hear the netcode was complete ass. :\
The Next Level arcade is near where I live, but it feels pretty scary going up against someone who has game experience when I have none at all.

Offline slueth

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 24 March 2012, 05:14:34 »
The netcode isn't that bad as long as you filter and play with people who have good lat.  The game is pretty hardcore, but really rewarding.  The sprites are really nicely done as well :D  Best 2d fighter if not the best modern fighter out there.  It is good to play with people in your area, I wouldn't be scared to get destroyed as long as you get better.  Look on youtube, SRK, and  Dream Cancel for combo trials if you need help and tips and don't give up.  They are coming out with balance patch for arcade soon.... if not already.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 March 2012, 05:17:39 by slueth »

Offline nmd

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 24 March 2012, 22:22:20 »
I want to play KOF13 but don't want to buy another stick, my last one broke. :(

Offline slueth

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 25 March 2012, 00:39:47 »
You can play it with a pad and be competitive.  It is just a preference really.  I just don't like pad because I always gets blisters, was thinking of making a hitbox(i think thats what it is called) but at first glance it doesn't seem that great to do 360 rotations(people can do it though).

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 25 March 2012, 13:41:13 »
Quote from: slueth;556059
You can play it with a pad and be competitive.  It is just a preference really.  I just don't like pad because I always gets blisters

Playing with a pad is perfectly viable much harder but doable. Only negative is most if not all of those pads use membrane domes albeit they seem to be a bit better quality due to a molded unified layout but there's probably none with mechanical switch like on computer mice. I'm sure pad players would appreciate a fighter controller with a little more "oomph" over simply buying a fighter controller with the same construction as the standard controller.

Quote from: slueth;556059
Was thinking of making a hitbox(i think thats what it is called) but at first glance it doesn't seem that great to do 360 rotations(people can do it though).

360s on the stickless They also have a few KoF videos on their channel.

Shame they only make stickless for lefties(Left-handed movement - Right-sided button); With the PC keyboard fighters you could remap the layout entirely. Would be nice if they offered arcade sticks for right handed players; Right-handed movement - Left-sided button layout. I always found it strange that most stickless builds are using the so-called "Standard layout" like normal sticks(considering some of the earlier stickless models were built with the mirrored layout) even though it's using the non-dominant hand for movement considering most people are right-handed; I always found arcade sticks odd for being designed for lefties. Guess the whole conspiracy to build arcade sticks from a centered(dual) or right-handed layout to a left handed layout to cause players to dump more coins into the machine has some truth to it.

Offline mr.mortified

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 12:43:19 »
I personally have a copy but haven't had much time to get into the lab with it.

Personally though, I hate hitboxes and modding hitboxes but if you're going into the route of building them, there are easy solutions for boards and such.  Main issue being cardinal directions and the logic of handling them.  Since a joystick only allows you to access neighboring directions and not opposite ones, some games (like marvel) let you block both ways if you can hold both left and right.  There were a bunch of tests checking which boards and stuff handle the L + R issue on shoryuken somewhere.
There are some hitbox builds that do have the keyboard layout on that side, but I guess people like WASD when they want their directional input and its on the left side.  As for joysticks being on the left side, I think its because its easier to make twitch button presses with your dominant hand and therefore has the stick on the left.

Offline slueth

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 02 April 2012, 00:23:21 »
Anyone on the edge of buying this game... the game price has dropped down to 30 bucks.. It is a steal for a real honest fighting game.
http://www.amazon.com/The-King-Fighters-XIII-Playstation-3/dp/B0054IN5AA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333344106&sr=8-1

fossala

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 02 April 2012, 02:39:36 »
I haven't played a KoF since 12. They where so damn lazy with that game it put me off KoF series for a while.

Offline slueth

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 03 April 2012, 02:55:57 »
Yea I heard that 12 was unfinished but they still had to release it.  13 is really awesome though, just pretend 12 never happened or it was a 60 dollar beta....

fossala

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 03 April 2012, 02:57:47 »
It litrelly had no options, it was unbalanced and looked like crap.

Offline victheslik

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 03 April 2012, 04:45:14 »
-
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 November 2023, 22:26:06 by victheslik »
"The only antidote to mental suffering is physical pain. " Karl Marx
A wiseman once said, "If Bible proves the existence of God, then comic books prove the existence of Superheros."

Offline slueth

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 03 April 2012, 17:38:23 »
Quote from: victheslik;565468
Occasionally since my old teammate in SF was Mr. Kof whom tries to teach me all the time,

Mr. Kof is godlike..., though he did lose to B.A.L.A. in final round and MLG, I still have a lot of respect for him.