Author Topic: [SOLD] Clack Factory clickclack "Salute" Cherry MX  (Read 16013 times)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Re: [ebay] Clack Factory clickclack "Salute" Cherry MX
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 05:08:46 »
Well that's good then! I only see the links. Don't give eBay sellers the chance to explain usually, but this is a first!  :thumb:

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 05:19:42 »

Wow I feel great for letting mine go to a true enthusiast. What a bummer someone would sell theirs for profit...

Wat?

It's been said multiple times this is for charity.

no this is for destiny.

my dollar bills are for charity.

Hahaha. ALL my poor nieces from wyfe' side unfortunately were given stripper names before being abandoned.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 06:30:40 »

Wow I feel great for letting mine go to a true enthusiast. What a bummer someone would sell theirs for profit...

Wat?

no this is for destiny.

Hahaha. ALL my poor nieces from wyfe' side unfortunately were given stripper names before being abandoned.

What are the others?
 :llama: :llama: :llama:
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 07:36:07 »

Wat?

no this is for destiny.

What are the others?
 :llama: :llama: :llama:

"paying my way through college"

Page for short.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 07:40:18 »
I hope the buyer does pay because that will be amazing for you two wish you the best!
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 11:45:33 »
Just read the destiny thread, my best wishes goes out to you two!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 11:51:52 »
I hope the buyer does pay because that will be amazing for you two wish you the best!

I'ma be getting that wing, no doubt

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 12:46:03 »

What?.?.?
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 12:47:17 »

What?.?.?

Read earlier comments. 😜
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 12:57:18 »

What?.?.?

Read earlier comments. 😜
Oooooooh hospital wing ;-;

Picture I have just taken of what I feel like ;-;
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 15:07:00 »
Ending in a few hours. Prepping the extra safe packaging.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 15:15:02 »

Let's all pray the buyer pays...

For something of this size and value, do you think it's worth it to video yourself taking it to the shipping place, verifying contents, taping it up, and giving it to the shipper?  I only ask because there have been those who said (legitimately or not) that the package arrived empty.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 June 2015, 15:16:50 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 15:21:50 »

For something of this size and value, do you think it's worth it to video yourself taking it to the shipping place, verifying contents, taping it up, and giving it to the shipper?  I only ask because there have been those who said (legitimately or not) that the package arrived empty.

It is going in a sealed envelope then in priority box with tape ALL over including overlapped so it is tamper proof.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 15:24:29 »

It is going in a sealed envelope then in priority box with tape ALL over including overlapped so it is tamper proof.

I know YOU are going to package it well, I don't mean that.

What I mean is, what's to keep sby from opening it, taking out the Clack, and claiming that it arrived without the Clack?  I've just seen the way the artisan game affects some people's morals....
I'm back.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 15:38:55 »
I have video and pics in case someone tries to take advantage. A few people warned me to do so via PM.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 15:45:28 »
I have video and pics in case someone tries to take advantage. A few people warned me to do so via PM.

Alright good deal.  Just didn't want you to get scammed.  :thumb:
I'm back.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 17:09:08 »
It might be worth insuring the full amount and requiring a signature for delivery.  It adds $15-20 to the shipping price, but with something that expensive, I'd say it's worth it to ensure that you aren't taken advantage of if the person decided to be shady.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 17:12:49 »
It might be worth insuring the full amount and requiring a signature for delivery.  It adds $15-20 to the shipping price, but with something that expensive, I'd say it's worth it to ensure that you aren't taken advantage of if the person decided to be shady.
Insurance will do nothing. I spoke to both USPS and UK couriers about this, and they said that for something like a collectors item (e.g a clack or rare keyboard) the chances of getting a claim were next to nil.

In most TOS for insurance it will say something along the lines of 'market value must be easy to ascertain', and a single ebay auction doesn't fall under that.

The best thing to do is box the clack multiple times, each one very well sealed, video yourself packing it in the post office and continue videoing without cuts until the tracking number is visible on the receipt.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline NeonBacon

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 17:51:33 »
I wonder if it will break $1000 before the end

Miami JD40
The scarecrows are always watching. Always.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 18:45:40 »
I was hoping for a jump at the end =/
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 19:13:25 »
Insurance will do nothing. I spoke to both USPS and UK couriers about this, and they said that for something like a collectors item (e.g a clack or rare keyboard) the chances of getting a claim were next to nil.

In most TOS for insurance it will say something along the lines of 'market value must be easy to ascertain', and a single ebay auction doesn't fall under that.

The best thing to do is box the clack multiple times, each one very well sealed, video yourself packing it in the post office and continue videoing without cuts until the tracking number is visible on the receipt.

I bet they have no problems with accepting peoples money for insurance that would be useless from the start. But then again it really is up to people to read that sort of stuff, even though that information can be lost in a sea of other seemingly pointless information.

When the Model M Industrial keyboard I got from the US arrived damaged, I put in a claim with the forwarding company (different to shipping of course) they paid out the $180 USD (total package value had other stuff in their also) value of the package. Although this wasn't easy to do. Firstly the only method of contact was to type in a word into the search for answers page which kept defaulting back to the original page when you hit enter. So I searched them on facebook and made contact with one of their departments which sent me an email address. I contacted that email address and they advised me that I had 7 days from date of receipt to package to lodge and gave me another email address. I contacted that email and provided all the information photos etc and they sent back a generic email asking for almost 1000 photos of the item, the labels, the box, the packaging material and detailed description. This was about day 5 by the way. They then approved my claim and it took about a week to get my money for the item.

Out of curiosity I just checked their website and they have sorted out the contact issue, I may consider using them again if the need arises.

tl;dr theoretically there may be some company which would provide cover for an item like a really expensive key cap. Because seriously who in their right mind would think that an old keyboard would be worth more than $20. 

Offline zabuza1997

Re: [SOLD] Clack Factory clickclack "Salute" Cherry MX
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 07:01:51 »
$910!!! i think my dad's gone crazyyyy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: [SOLD] Clack Factory clickclack "Salute" Cherry MX
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 15:16:50 »
$910!!! i think my dad's gone crazyyyy

All in a good cause :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ