Author Topic: [IC]TaiHao Keysets Colour Interest Check(UPDATED New add-on MOQ )  (Read 52832 times)

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
Yeah; I was posting ffrom a machine without a character map utility to select it, or run it though a  translator.

Maybe 'field' is the perfect symbol for Windows; think of the famous XP wallpaper :)

Might look kind of funny to Chinese users though. Imagine seeing "field" instead of the windows symbol on that key.

Note that 田 isn't just any old field, it's used for fields in which rice and other staple grains are grown.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Yeah; I was posting ffrom a machine without a character map utility to select it, or run it though a  translator.

Maybe 'field' is the perfect symbol for Windows; think of the famous XP wallpaper :)

I'd much rather have the "field" symbol then the win8 logo :))
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline thestage

I'd rather the windows key just be blank, personally.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

That would be fine also :thumb:
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
Rather blank than that weird wins logo tbh x)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline feizor

Or just "WIN"

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline thestage

WIN is good

Offline Kfactork

Well no one likes to LOSE.  :p

jk, I think WIN is a good idea. Or Win, so it stays consistent with Ctrl and Alt.

Offline sonic_the_hedgehog

• That's a fast hedgehog...
Rather blank than that weird wins logo tbh x)

+1 for blank. Especially if we're trying to please the most people possible, keep the unix/linux/OS2 users happy  :thumb:

Or just "WIN"

Or "WINNING!"

No but seriously, what other keyboard in your house will have "WIN" on the win key? I think it'll look a bit strange.

I agree anything is better than Tai Hao's ****ty excuse for a windows key, it's super horrible, but let's get something which will not be too different from a standard set.

Might look kind of funny to Chinese users though. Imagine seeing "field" instead of the windows symbol on that key.

Note that 田 isn't just any old field, it's used for fields in which rice and other staple grains are grown.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, it's also got the same meaning in Japanese and it's really common in surnames (Yamada for instance) and would be a bit distracting...
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)

Offline thestage

No but seriously, what other keyboard in your house will have "WIN" on the win key? I think it'll look a bit strange.

The stock poker 2 keys have WIN

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Win and Menu keys were blank (mind you, double-shot blank!) in the original TH GB.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
I'd be fine with blank.  Not a big fan of WIN/Win, though.
<<< Click to view

Offline Razor Lotus

Anything but what they have now pls.

"win", win7 logo, winxp logo, blank, still better lol.

He hasn't commented on the thread yet though. So not sure if we're able to change it i guess?

Offline feizor

Maybe I'm weird but I don't really mind the current windows key legend.

What about a diamond like on HHKP2
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 May 2014, 08:28:36 by feizor »

Offline GhostofHarry

hey   
i can just put the 2 blank win key in the add-on pack

if you want it :D
please support the add-on pack

i will open the groupbuy next week
for the time being, i will ship them through USPS
until i get a better option

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
Maybe I'm weird but I don't really mind the current windows key legend.

What about a diamond like on HHKP2

That would look nice. A lot of custom sets have that right?

Offline feizor

hey   

What postal service do HK eBay sellers all use? It seems quite cheap.

Really looking forward to this by the way, thanks for taking the effort to organise this!
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 May 2014, 12:33:39 by feizor »

Offline GhostofHarry

hey   

Really looking forward to this by the way, thanks for taking the effort to organise this!

easiest way is by HK post
the official postage in HK?
( but as ppl here seems to be used to USPS, i will use USPS as default and seek for cheaper ones within my ability)

you can see info from their website (currency in HKD!!)
http://www.hongkongpost.hk/eng/postage/overseas/air/index.htm#letter

i will ask more from them directly, as i dont know if i would be wrong about the price

but anyway   i will collect our orders first to save the time

also, for ppl who expressed their interest to be a proxy in the poll (other then those who have already PMed me)
please PM me as i am stupid enough to forget to ask you to leave ur ID to me for contact

Offline feizor

hey   

easiest way is by HK post
the official postage in HK?
( but as ppl here seems to be used to USPS, i will use USPS as default and seek for cheaper ones within my ability)

you can see info from their website (currency in HKD!!)
http://www.hongkongpost.hk/eng/postage/overseas/air/index.htm#letter

i will ask more from them directly, as i dont know if i would be wrong about the price

but anyway   i will collect our orders first to save the time

also, for ppl who expressed their interest to be a proxy in the poll (other then those who have already PMed me)
please PM me as i am stupid enough to forget to ask you to leave ur ID to me for contact

Those rates are really cheap!

Offline GhostofHarry

and thats why i fear that i have missed anything.

as far as i know, that rate of 2nd class air mail is a kind of  "Small Packets"
and it requires the package to be opened when sending to ease customs' checking

but well....the price difference from enclosed packing is 4-5 times, and what we are sending aren't meant to be secrets.
so i think it will be fine

« Last Edit: Sat, 03 May 2014, 14:15:08 by GhostofHarry »

Offline barkinos98

• Illinois
I'd love to get in for the olivetti set!
BTW, no misunderstandings the whole 100+ keys are $14 right? (plus shipping of course)
Happy Hacking Professional 2  | Logitech G710+ | Quickfire Rapid MX Clears

Offline feizor

but well....the price difference from enclosed packing is 4-5 times, and what we are sending aren't meant to be secrets.

Yep, the packages I receive from Hong Kong are usually packed in brown envelopes that are closed with a bit of string. I haven't had anything go missing before so it should be pretty reliable.

Offline GhostofHarry

Yep, the packages I receive from Hong Kong are usually packed in brown envelopes that are closed with a bit of string. I haven't had anything go missing before so it should be pretty reliable.

Yes
The package cannot be sealed

I'd love to get in for the olivetti set!
BTW, no misunderstandings the whole 100+ keys are $14 right? (plus shipping of course)

Yes u are correct

Offline GhostofHarry

good news for u guys

just had a chat with a chinese vendor
and he is interested to take 100-150 add-on pack of each 4th generation colour :)

« Last Edit: Sun, 04 May 2014, 09:45:23 by GhostofHarry »

Offline GhostofHarry

nothing here

Offline badloop

good news for u guys

and he is interested to take 100-150 add-on pack of each 4th generation colour :)

Awesome!  Let's get this going! :-)
PBT FTW

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
good news for u guys

YAY

Now only question remaining is where to get funds to buy as many as possible....  :p

Offline Kfactork

good news for u guys

YAY

Now only question remaining is where to get funds to buy as many as possible....  :p
A kidney or two would work. Or a few pints of blood  :))

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

good news for u guys

Awesome!  Let's get this going! :-)

Sorry if I missed this, but when will this GB start exactly?
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
Sorry if I missed this, but when will this GB start exactly?

This coming week hopefully  :)?
hey   

"Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline barkinos98

• Illinois
I am waiting with my money in my hand for this :D
Happy Hacking Professional 2  | Logitech G710+ | Quickfire Rapid MX Clears

Offline genkidama

Hey there peeps,
unfortunately I cannot visit the google docs page for the poll as its restricted here at work and at home I haven't got my internet yet.. And as I see there were already many replys written here and I cannot catch up here at work. So if the poll is only for giving "yes" to the add-on pack, I am giving it! :-)

But still the add-on pack contains the tsangan kit or as of right now you guys decided to split tsangan and the add-on pack for ISO?

Hopefully I'll get my internet soon as I don't want to miss this GB!! :-)

cheers,
genkidama
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline GhostofHarry

These few days, i was trying my best to get more attention to the Add-On Pack

Other than GH, i am trying to gather orders also from Korea and Taiwan as well as China to make this happen

Really hope that this will be successful :(

I may not be experienced so I would try to compensate with more hardwork

Hey there peeps,
unfortunately I cannot visit the google docs page for the poll as its restricted here at work and at home I haven't got my internet yet.. And as I see there were already many replys written here and I cannot catch up here at work. So if the poll is only for giving "yes" to the add-on pack, I am giving it! :-)

But still the add-on pack contains the tsangan kit or as of right now you guys decided to split tsangan and the add-on pack for ISO?

cheers,
genkidama

Add-On Pack includes tsangan and ISO kit

so no worry genkidama :)

about the selling method,  it will be likely to be sold by the way whiskytango had suggested.

i will confirmed about it in the groupbuy

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back

Other than GH, i am trying to gather orders also from Korea and Taiwan as well as China to make this happen

Really hope that this will be successful :(

I may not be experienced so I would try to compensate with more hardwork

Hey there peeps,

cheers,
genkidama

Add-On Pack includes tsangan and ISO kit

about the selling method,  it will be likely to be sold by the way whiskytango had suggested.

i will confirmed about it in the groupbuy

Wow, simultaneous group buy in China and Korea too... now that's dedication. Thanks so much for doing this! Will definitely be buying many sets  ;D

Offline genkidama

I'm really glad you are doing this and making this IC or rather GB happen! This'll be my first one and I'm feeling really good about this!
You are doing a great job man!

As you are really doing a great job and show such dedication, I have no worries my man! Thanks a  lot about all the answers and information gathering and stuff like that! Keep it up!

As this is my first GB, what kind of paying methods will there be? PayPal? Or will you give all the information about the buying methods and fees and stuff in the GB first post?

cheers,
genki

Offline GhostofHarry

As this is my first GB, what kind of paying methods will there be? PayPal? Or will you give all the information about the buying methods and fees and stuff in the GB first post?

cheers,
genki

yes   it will be through paypal
Final Price will likely to be "cost + shippings (to me and to you) + paypal transaction fee"

As HK is a free port, we dont have to pay for the import / export tax when the keycaps comes to me
but you might have to pay for the import tax at your country.

Offline feizor

I have a feeling dolch and Olivette will easily fill moq.

Offline thestage

I have a feeling dolch and Olivette will easily fill moq.

But what about my dear purple?  :(

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
interested in a dolch equivalent set.  :)

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
So how close are you from starting this GB? Thanks

Offline GhostofHarry

What left to be confirmed is how I pay taihao

Originally they refuse to let me pay them through paypal
Cuz paypal only allows small amount transfer for every transaction

Now I'm asking if I can pay through paypal by multiple times
Cuz if I have to withdraw the money from PayPal to my bank account(into hkd)
and pay through the banking system
We would have to pay more to cover the currency part

Dealing with taihao is kinda tiring
They will only reply in office hour and by email while I might not be free all the time(school works or so)
Which makes the progress really slow
But hopefully I can start this today/tmr

Btw
Good news!
Add on pack now 300 MOQ only !
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 May 2014, 00:29:10 by GhostofHarry »

Offline Harrowed

• My wallet has been hacked
What left to be confirmed is how I pay taihao

Originally they refuse to let me pay them through paypal
Cuz paypal only allows small amount transfer for every transaction

Now I'm asking if I can pay through paypal by multiple times
Cuz if I have to withdraw the money from PayPal to my bank account(into hkd)
and pay through the banking system
We would have to pay more to cover the currency part
That's kinda tricky. I don't think that avoiding paypal restrictions via multiple transfers is that solid way to do it because paypal can be a pain in the ass if they think that something fishy is going on your account (seizing the funds etc. until you have proven that you have required documents). Anyways, be prepared to verify your identity and residence for paypal if you haven't had large numbers of transactions before in your paypal account.

Btw
Good news!
Add on pack now 300 MOQ only !

That's great to hear, makes it a lot easier to meet!
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 May 2014, 01:51:54 by Harrowed »

Ergodox MX Blues | Rosewill RK-9000

Offline YummyTreeSap

Re: [IC]TaiHao Keysets Colour Interest Check(UPDATED New add-on MOQ )
« Reply #244 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 04:04:33 »
Definitely interested, esp. the second two in the 4th Gen ones (Dolch, Granite).  The colored ones are pretty dang nice looking though.

Offline GhostofHarry

That's kinda tricky. I don't think that avoiding paypal restrictions via multiple transfers is that solid way to do it because paypal can be a pain in the ass if they think that something fishy is going on your account (seizing the funds etc. until you have proven that you have required documents). Anyways, be prepared to verify your identity and residence for paypal if you haven't had large numbers of transactions before in your paypal account.

yea Harrowed... you got the point.

Also, paypal will actually collect 3.9% or more for each transaction.
So they actually collects twice (once when you guys give me the money, once when i give taihao the moeny)

I will try to calculate by which payment method we can save more

Offline Razor Lotus

« Reply #246 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 07:09:17 »
Thank you very much for your help

yea Harrowed... you got the point.

Also, paypal will actually collect 3.9% or more for each transaction.
So they actually collects twice (once when you guys give me the money, once when i give taihao the moeny)

I will try to calculate by which payment method we can save more

Thank you very much for your help!

Hope this GB can start soon :)

Offline genkidama

« Reply #247 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 09:23:37 »
Thanks for your effort GhostofHarry!!

Before the GB starts will you determine which sets will be up for order? I'm not sure if this have already been done through the poll in Google Docs, but unfortunately I cannot visit this site as it's restricted.

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #248 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 09:29:04 »
Thanks for your effort GhostofHarry!!

Before the GB starts will you determine which sets will be up for order? I'm not sure if this have already been done through the poll in Google Docs, but unfortunately I cannot visit this site as it's restricted.

I will be doing the GB in 2 stages

First stage is the 3 colours in the 4th generation, Dolch Olivette and Granite
Second stage will be the Red on White and Azure
If all of them meets the MOQ     i will see if im another accepting order of another colour

The priority of colour in each stage are determined by the result of the poll we have done

Edit: I will only move onto the next stage once the currenct stage meets the MOQ of ANSI kit and if enough ppl joint the add-on kit
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 May 2014, 10:22:08 by GhostofHarry »

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #249 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 17:13:06 »
The interest check for the Alps part of this has been opened.