Author Topic: Nominate-A-Bro 2.0 [OVER]  (Read 40590 times)

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Re: Nominate-A-Bro 2.0 [LIVE]
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 02:17:40 »
I want to nominate two members, who have not directly been bros to me, but have been bros to the community as a whole.  They have put in countless hours of their own work to further the development of custom keyboards and their layouts.

JDCarpe:  He needs no introduction, but his work can bee seen all throughout GH.  He provides valuable information in various topics around the site, and has aided in the design of numerous projects throughout the site.

Swill:  He created an website that allows you to design a plate.  I mean come on.  Who knows how many people have used his tool, in order to bring their custom ideas to life.  He has also offered to create a site to allow for tracking of pay it forward gifts.  Something so that the same people are repeatedly receiving gifts.

I think that these two do not get enough recognition, and deserve to be nominated as the unspoken bro's of Geekhack.  These are the people that make this community what it is, keyboard enthusiasts.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 02:23:08 »
I want to nominate two members, who have not directly been bros to me, but have been bros to the community as a whole.  They have put in countless hours of their own work to further the development of custom keyboards and their layouts.

JDCarpe:  He needs no introduction, but his work can bee seen all throughout GH.  He provides valuable information in various topics around the site, and has aided in the design of numerous projects throughout the site.

Swill:  He created an website that allows you to design a plate.  I mean come on.  Who knows how many people have used his tool, in order to bring their custom ideas to life.  He has also offered to create a site to allow for tracking of pay it forward gifts.  Something so that the same people are repeatedly receiving gifts.

I think that these two do not get enough recognition, and deserve to be nominated as the unspoken bro's of Geekhack.  These are the people that make this community what it is, keyboard enthusiasts.

+1 on these two. They are always working on cool projects around gh. I wish I talked to them both more! True keyboard and community enthusiasts.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 02:23:36 »

This.  So much this.  Both are awesome awesome guys that have contributed an inordinate amount to GH.  The best part is how humble and laid back they are.  True bro's. :thumb:

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 02:43:04 »
i also nominate demik for running many good GBs back in the day including the hiero keys (wish i still had one :( ) and probably half of the GH key buys.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 02:52:03 »
i also nominate demik for running many good GBs back in the day including the hiero keys (wish i still had one :( ) and probably half of the GH key buys.

good old days.

Really though that magical meatball is the reason why I have half the **** I have, can't nominate anyone else. Best bro ^_^
I love Elzy

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 03:15:27 »
I also nominate livingspeedbump, he's been very supportive especially to someone new to mech kbs like me. I'm sure he's very busy but he finds the time to help, give advice and just overall be an awesome person. There's all sorts of drama and negativity in any community (it's the internet!) but I'm lucky to be around LSB's positivity  :thumb:

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 03:50:33 »
bravo!!

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 04:02:40 »

good old days.

Show Image

Really though that magical meatball is the reason why I have half the **** I have, can't nominate anyone else. Best bro ^_^
2nd MMB......too Bad he's such a Bro he transcended Broness and now helps other people Bro - out. I'm not sure he would even want one of the prizes as he probably has TONS of them  ;) seriously the ultimate and OG bro
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 04:16:39 »
My nomination goes out to livingspeedbump.
     He does so much for the community and I think he deserves a bro for all his hard work (this would be his very first one). Everything he does is with the communities best intentions in mind. To start things off he took over keychatter and has kept up with the keyboard reviews as well as interviews with artisans, and informing the community of anything he thinks is important and that others might of missed. As he draws closer to opening the keychatter store, a unique idea set up to help the artisan makers, he made sure to step down as a moderator over on /r/mk so there wouldn't be any conflict of interest. Apart from his work on /r/mk and keychatter he also started /r/keycapdesigners, a subbreddit devoted to helping people with the initial design process of new, cool keysets for the community. I first got in contact with him when he started /r/keycapdesigners and was looking for moderators. I volunteered to help, not really expect anything to come of it, but he added me to team within minutes and has always been supportive of my efforts. He has helped me a great deal with the /r/mk community keyset that's in the works, and is always positive with good suggestions. He is also real pleasure to chat with on skype and has acted as someone for me to casually talk to about my keyboard obsession. It is in this casual conversation that his true character really shines. Whenever I see someone trying to sell an artisan he's interested in I always shoot him a link, but most of the time he refrains from trying to buy the caps because he isn't okay with people selling artisans for such a personal gain. Finial to top it all off, when I saw he was trying to trade/sell his hhkb ctrl esc kit I made an offer, but instead of accepting he sent me the kit free of charge. livingspeedbump truly is a gem in the community and there is no doubt in my mind he deserves a reward for all he does and has done.

lol sorry for the essay, being the midst of way too many AP classes, and it being midnight, can do that to you  :p

I also forgot to mention that he works with massdrop a lot helping organize new keysets and other cool mechanical keyboard drops he thinks the community would enjoy

Pretty much this!

Livingspeedbump is a BRO and he deserves a BRO! My vote goes to Livingspeedbump.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 04:25:59 »
I also nominate livingspeedbump, he's been very supportive especially to someone new to mech kbs like me. I'm sure he's very busy but he finds the time to help, give advice and just overall be an awesome person. There's all sorts of drama and negativity in any community (it's the internet!) but I'm lucky to be around LSB's positivity  :thumb:
Also this LSB has done a lot. Keysets,helping others design sets, keychatter interviews,reviews etc etc Thanks LSB definitely deserve a huge nom!!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 05:29:11 »
id like to nominate R1N3

its hard to list all the things he does for me, but he is a constant source of support in projects that i enter in to as well as constantly going above and beyond to be a friend

outside of these attributes, he has also sent me some of the kindest and most thoughtful packages i have ever received on geekhack, ranging from a huge screenprint of one of my favourite artists which is now professionally framed and next to my desk in my office (a constant reminder of just how great this community is) to some of the coolest shoes i could imagine for my baby boy thats about to be born, and so many other little touching things

he is one of the most genuine people in this community, and whilst i will always try to pay back the kindness and support he has shown me, i dont think ill ever be able to express or repay the gratitude i feel for having "met" him

hes a true bro through and through

next i would like to nominate

PUNKSDEAD

once again, the main reason i want to nominate him is he is someone who i most appreciate for just being a friend, someone i look up to, admire, respect and frankly just love chatting to

but outside of that, hes always there to help me out, whether it be proxying stuff for me, waiting outside of record store day all day to try pick something up for me, spending god knows how many hours doing artwork etc for me and too many others things to mention, once again this is someone i feel permanently indebted to

lastly id like to nominate

CODYEATWORLD

he is one of the kindest, most genuine people i have ever met, completely selfless and someone who facilitates everything i do here, i spend most eof every day chatting to him, about anything and everything

i honestly cant list everything he has done for me, but instead, ill just simply say, outside of bro caps himself, this is the man who works hardest to get all of the rest of you some bro cap, in smoothest and most accessible ways possible

and lastly, an honourable mentions

BRO CAPS

my brother from another mother

VESPERSAINT
GHOSTJUGGERNAUT
SWILL
SPAMRAY
REMENITION
RSADEK
AGMURDERCORE

and lots more that are already mentioned in this thread
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 September 2015, 05:41:49 by BunnyLake »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #111 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 08:45:16 »
apolotary also gets a HUGE nomination from me. Not only is he great to talk to about all sorts of stuff, he's proven to be more trustworthy with my money than even I am haha, and has been extremely awesome in helping me get stuff from Japan. All around fantastic community member  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #112 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 09:22:41 »
On the note I would also like to nominate Evo_Spec He's a lovely person and has offered multiple times to get me things from Japan too, most recently a B-shop exclusive Jesta cannon model, which I think is lovely of him, he also really likes green and is a little down on luck at the moment so something like this would be awesome for him!
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 09:29:19 »
I'm not going to make a huge write up because I truthfully don't plan on winning this contest; But my Bro to nominate is: Poostar

Poostar has been my good friend on the internet for two full years now. I got him into mechanical keyboards, and he got me into artisans, keycap sets, and just the great community which is geekhack. An example of him being a Bro is when I bought a ssd drive that didn't come with the SATA cable and I had no spare ones. He bought me one that was bright sparkly blue, and had it shipped to my house. He's a cool guy.

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 10:39:10 »
apolotary also gets a HUGE nomination from me. Not only is he great to talk to about all sorts of stuff, he's proven to be more trustworthy with my money than even I am haha, and has been extremely awesome in helping me get stuff from Japan. All around fantastic community member  :thumb:

Aww thanks a lot, that's really nice to hear! :) likewise I'm nominating livingspeedbump as he helped me in getting lots of keyboard stuff available in US, but not in any way sold in Japan due to crazy shipping prices. In fact, thanks to his effort now I'm like one step away from my endgame which is a huge deal for me. And of course keychatter.com has been on my browser's starting page for quite a while :)

Also I just want to nominate a few other community members:

@keyclacker (sorry, I know you're on GH, but I don't know your name here) – he sent me an awesome miami-colored keyboard sleeve, and now I'm looking forward to getting some miami caps for that ultimate build :) also it's always nice to see some quality keyboard posts on my instagram feed

jackhumbert – helped me to trim down the shipping costs on my Planck order, and I'm kinda wishing other stores did that (looking at you, massdrop). Also, really like that Board Makers podcast he's doing, haven't skipped any releases so far.

VesperSAINT – we talked on youtube, he gave me a rundown on his Ergo Clears build, and now I'm trying to convert my Cherry MX Clear board into Ergo Clears as well. His keyboard also was a huge inspiration for my dream board, which I'm currently in the process of putting together :)

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 10:54:26 »
BunnyLake is I have seen the most warm-hearted friends, face in V2 transportation problem before I give my help, I can't express in words to do too much. I can't stop him words of much answer, when he is in one of the busiest still does not forget reply to my question! I felt his zeal is the sincere, I am very excited! BunnyLake, my good friend, thank you, let me more like things here, like you.
Often make the chests are wei spark, the world only intensity (life is alive, waiting to die)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 11:13:35 »

+1

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #117 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 12:28:39 »
I nominate whizzard. Even though he's not as active as I'd like (ha), he's a brand new artisan trying to break into a really tough game. His technique is pretty great already (mastered the triple shot) and I can't wait to see what he'll come up with next. Whizzard's been a great friend to me on GH - always up for answering my silly questions and helping me along in my journey here on this forum. He's a source of inspiration and kindness, and for that I'm grateful he's here.

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #118 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 12:51:31 »
Demik. When I first joined he wasn't coming around (hiatus or something). Then all of a sudden, here comes this guy into the Free Stuff thread, giving away legit nice stuff.

Plus he endures constant post count manipulation, and all of nubbinator's harassment, even though he could probably just snap his fingers and have like a hundred cousins in lowriders all up in nubb's grill.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 13:50:58 »
Plus he endures constant post count manipulation

Whoa whoa whoa

Now asking for something is "enduring" it?  :))

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 13:55:10 »

Whoa whoa whoa

What is 'post count manipulation'?

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #121 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 14:00:10 »

Whoa whoa whoa

"He was asking for it, your honor." #notallmods

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #122 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 14:23:57 »

Whoa whoa whoa

You're right, he didn't ask all the mods.

Whoa whoa whoa

Altering the number of posts a user has.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #123 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 14:30:34 »

Whoa whoa whoa

You're right, he didn't ask all the mods.

Whoa whoa whoa

Altering the number of posts a user has.
I actually don't know the story at all.

My boards:
More

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 14:32:55 »
PUNKSDEAD, dude has been the biggest bro ever. I can chat with him anytime about whatever is on my mind. hes always down to listen. Awesome dude!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 14:37:36 »

It's really not interesting.  :P  Just asked to have his posts reset, is all.  I think there were a few times in there that I did it without being asked, but I dunno I've lost track.  :))

My last response was an attempt to be funny by misinterpreting your #hashtag as 'not all mods' instead of 'no tall mods'.  :-[

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #126 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 15:53:46 »

It's really not interesting.    Just asked to have his posts reset, is all.  I think there were a few times in there that I did it without being asked, but I dunno I've lost track.  :))

My last response was an attempt to be funny by misinterpreting your #hashtag as 'not all mods' instead of 'no tall mods'.  :-[
Actually it was "not all mods" as a play on the #notAllMen hashtag from earlier this year... Nevermind.

Anyway, it's all in good fun.

My boards:
More

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #127 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 15:57:53 »
Zero nominations club right here. I need to be nicer I guess.  :))

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #128 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 15:58:01 »
PUNKSDEAD, dude has been the biggest bro ever. I can chat with him anytime about whatever is on my mind. hes always down to listen. Awesome dude!
^^^^

Dustin you also are getting a nomination here. You are always super nice to everyone here. You went out of your way a couple of times for me and even offered me a super rare cap for free :)) your AWESOME thanks for being you unholy Bro

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #129 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 16:06:09 »

It's really not interesting.    Just asked to have his posts reset, is all.  I think there were a few times in there that I did it without being asked, but I dunno I've lost track.  :))

Actually it was "not all mods" as a play on the #notAllMen hashtag from earlier this year... Nevermind.

Anyway, it's all in good fun.

Oh whoops, my bad!  I have no idea what this #NotAllMen thing is, but that's okay.   :P

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #130 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 16:46:44 »
It'd have to be BunnyLake, never really talked to him directly here on GH but see his efforts a lot throughout the forum. For example he took over that sunken-ship-of-a-GB by WhiteFireDragon which pretty much seemed like a dead end to me.

I'm pretty sure hes the only one capable of reviving the Sprit GB.

Also gonna mention Elrick because posts are really humorous and its funny seeing peoples' reactions to his enthusiasm.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #131 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 18:46:39 »
Hoff's a solid bro.  He just let me vent at him about my woes and concerns.  Thanks, bud.  It definitely helped.  I needed an ear.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #132 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 19:01:05 »
Hoff's a solid bro.  He just let me vent at him about my woes and concerns.  Thanks, bud.  It definitely helped.  I needed an ear.

<3

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #133 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 19:35:12 »
I nominate dustinhxc!

As others have already mentioned, he is a stand up bro. I want to highlight that he is super supporting of a bunch of the newer artisan cap makers on the forums. Posting encouragement on their threads, buying stuff and taking sick pics, setting up 'Post your X caps' threads etc. I think a bunch of us on here can get pretty grumpy and argumentative, but Dustin seems to be living that positive life 24/7  :cool:  The stories we hear of him sharing his artisan key fortune with people are actually kind of underwhelming.... "Dustin sent you extra keycaps with the ones he already sold you for retail? *light exhale of air from nose* of course he did"  ;D  That's a true bro 2.0 right there!

To iterate: Give prizes to Dustin, let him take pics, we all win  :thumb:

Offline Belfong

« Reply #134 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 20:11:50 »
I'd like to put forth Elrick's name. I doubt he even cares for Bro Caps. I didn't have much direct contact with him, but his ever presence in many of the threads and his ability to hype up an GMK GB made him a valuable member of this community. A GB is pretty boring without this convict from Convict Town and he deserve a win, just so to see what snark remark he will come up with! Ha ha.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #135 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 20:32:33 »
Jerue is quite the bro. He is really nice on the forums, especially since I am pretty new to Geekhack. He also helped me form my opinions on the Matias Quiet Clicks. I couldn't find a single Alps keycap, and he sent me quite a few in the mail, all free of charge! Also the Quiet Clicks are really nice!

daww thx bro  :-* it was my pleasure lol

Gonna make a few separate posts, probably with users who I don't think have been mentioned yet.

I'd like to start with absyrd/abswyfe . This probably doesn't need much explanation but I think these two are bros of the century for all of the support with Destiny. We can all put on an act online and act like bros but these two are bros to the core. Destiny has really made an impact on a lot of us, like inanis/badwrench with their raffles, riotonthebay's insanely generous donation, and Hoffman's PuLSE charity auction.

I realize that through absyrd/abswyfe a lot of us have become even more awesome bros on geekhack but I don't think any of this would be possible without them and for that, I thank you.

If I'm ever in Philly and we have the chance I would like to buy you two a philly cheesesteak (or something else maybe not so overrated) :)

Offline crayzieap

« Reply #136 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 21:06:55 »
Thanks Brocap for another community driven give away.

Anyhow, I'd like to nominate my "Bro" /u/QuiickLime.  In short, he and I were trying to troubleshoot the led support well back in the initial Pok3r launch back in May.  He was super helpful and quick to open his Pok3r to take pictures of the PCB as well as try to install an LED.  All in all we were able to determine it the lack of led support was done via firmware as all the main resistors and pinholes were on the PCB.

Flash forward a few weeks ago, with the release of the Vortex firmware update we worked together again and he was able to quickly install the LEDs and showcase the new LED firmware support.   Guy is a super standout guy and very helpful.  I'm waiting for follow suit and install my LEDs to my board once they come from the slow mail from China.

Again, thanks again for another the giveaway.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #137 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 21:20:19 »
It'd have to be BunnyLake, never really talked to him directly here on GH but see his efforts a lot throughout the forum. For example he took over that sunken-ship-of-a-GB by WhiteFireDragon which pretty much seemed like a dead end to me.

I'm pretty sure hes the only one capable of reviving the Sprit GB.

Also gonna mention Elrick because posts are really humorous and its funny seeing peoples' reactions to his enthusiasm.
I will ping sprit and see what is going on and see if I can get that moving again. Last time I got it well on its way, so I can see what I can do again.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #138 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 21:21:44 »
Thanks Brocap for another community driven give away.

Anyhow, I'd like to nominate my "Bro" /u/QuiickLime.  In short, he and I were trying to troubleshoot the led support well back in the initial Pok3r launch back in May.  He was super helpful and quick to open his Pok3r to take pictures of the PCB as well as try to install an LED.  All in all we were able to determine it the lack of led support was done via firmware as all the main resistors and pinholes were on the PCB.

Flash forward a few weeks ago, with the release of the Vortex firmware update we worked together again and he was able to quickly install the LEDs and showcase the new LED firmware support.   Guy is a super standout guy and very helpful.  I'm waiting for follow suit and install my LEDs to my board once they come from the slow mail from China.

Again, thanks again for another the giveaway.

+1 for QuiickLime.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #139 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 21:28:04 »
I would like to nominate absyrd. Not only for being a cool bro but an amazing uncle as well.

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 22:00:52 »
+1 for Sed, Bunny and Bro. All my experiences with them have been overwhelmingly positive, their rep speaks for itself.

Offline dohbot

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 22:02:12 »
Jerue is quite the bro. He is really nice on the forums, especially since I am pretty new to Geekhack. He also helped me form my opinions on the Matias Quiet Clicks. I couldn't find a single Alps keycap, and he sent me quite a few in the mail, all free of charge! Also the Quiet Clicks are really nice!

daww thx bro  :-* it was my pleasure lol

Gonna make a few separate posts, probably with users who I don't think have been mentioned yet.

I'd like to start with absyrd/abswyfe . This probably doesn't need much explanation but I think these two are bros of the century for all of the support with Destiny. We can all put on an act online and act like bros but these two are bros to the core. Destiny has really made an impact on a lot of us, like inanis/badwrench with their raffles, riotonthebay's insanely generous donation, and Hoffman's PuLSE charity auction.

I realize that through absyrd/abswyfe a lot of us have become even more awesome bros on geekhack but I don't think any of this would be possible without them and for that, I thank you.

If I'm ever in Philly and we have the chance I would like to buy you two a philly cheesesteak (or something else maybe not so overrated) :)

:thumb:
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline thelectronicnub

• drowning in keyboards
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 00:14:39 »
I'd like to nominate lucaslink, an all out standup guy who helps me mod /r/mechmarket, is extremely helpful, and who is a CSS wizard
KUL ES-87 w/MX Greens

B/S/T Thread

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 01:24:49 »
i would like to nominate Lurch for being one of the plantedest crumpers around and for enduring hell month in high spirits with the rest of us low lives in the lower dungeons of geekhack culture.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 01:25:35 »
i would also like to nominate meeba for exploding into a million tiny crumping plants.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 01:28:04 »
and last but not least this morning i would like to nominate joey for being my GMTish hyper hypo maniac.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 01:28:41 »
oh yeah and i also seriously nominate dfj for keeping the peace in the dungeons without being a jailer. a leader of lowlives and a fantastical genius.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 01:35:47 »
jokrik

I recently met him while he's on a holiday trip to my city. Super nice here in the forum and IRL. Helped me a lot on deciding what to buy or not buy. Gives me a lot of keyboard science as well.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
  • IG: @ZorbCaps
« Reply #148 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 01:48:29 »
I'd like to nominate RoastPotatoes for introducing me to cap making, and also for being incredibly helpful when i first started making caps. He answered all the different questions that I had, and was really friendly towards me throughout the whole process(Even though I probably was a bit annoying with all my questions). Solid bro right there! :)

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #149 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 03:16:11 »
There are a lot of people nominated that deserve to be nominated again, but I'll try not to ;)

I would like to nominate Cottonsox. Back when I was even more clueless than I am now, I was watching Spy and saw an update in the fake Radnelac thread. I had heard about the Clackvent sale of the past, and looked into the event for a bit and saw the original thread where people were rushing to post first, how exciting. So when I saw this thread being bumped in July, I immediately posted, and was convinced that I had won some quad shot clack or something. I was very happy. I looked in the therapy thread and no one there had even reacted to the post (boy, was I fast or what). Seeing as Clack was still well and truly MIA at that stage, I asked if I had actually won or not, and a couple of people reassured me that I did. I was confused, but still excited for my ultra rare cc (they were probably jealous anyway).

However, I then got a PM from Cottonsox, fellow aussie, and saviour of noobs, informing me that the thread was indeed fake. If it weren't for him, it's possible I could haves still been patiently awaiting my sweet clackvent cap to this very day.

this is the moment in the therapy thread if anyone's up for a sensible chuckle.

Almost forgot, i would like to nominate Jersern. He ran a HHKB tour for Australian around the time that I joined. In fact, my very first post was asking if I could join the tour, with the understanding that if he didn't want to hand over a HHKB to stranger with 0 posts, that would be perfectly fine. However, he said it was fine, and I even got it from him in person, as the first person in the tour.

Fast forward, and today I have my very own dental band modded HHKB  :thumb: If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't have taken the leap when I saw HHKBs for sale during my trip to Japan.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 September 2015, 04:38:04 by nmur »