Author Topic: Reflections of the Day - By Miguelito  (Read 129365 times)

Offline zlittell

• My Projects
Re: Reflections of the Day - By Bro Caps
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 14:38:40 »
Can we all talk about how Jersey Mike's sounds like a place where a man might try to deliver to me a different kind of meat sandwhich.  Definitely sounds more gay strip club than tasty sandwhich shop

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
  • IG: @ZorbCaps
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 14:40:00 »
I miss when this thread was about Tom Cruise gifs.

#NeverForget

Never forget the good old days of yesterday </3 only 4th november kids remeber

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 14:43:26 »
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 15:01:47 »
I miss when this thread was about Tom Cruise gifs.

#NeverForget

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 20:31:02 »
Entry #2:

Why do people 'like' a story on Facebook about someone that died? Are they liking that they are dead, or do they like that someone ruined their day discussing death?

Example:

« Last Edit: Thu, 05 November 2015, 20:34:29 by Bro Caps »

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 20:38:25 »
Entry #2:

Why do people 'like' a story on Facebook about someone that died? Are they liking that they are dead, or do they like that someone ruined their day discussing death?

Example:

Show Image

Some people just like liking everything, sometimes I'm pretty sure they didn't read the article.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 20:40:48 »
Entry #2:

Example:

Show Image

For someone who never used (nor will) facebook what does a like actually achieve?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 20:40:48 »
Entry #2:

Example:

Show Image

This.

Another example is when an article is criticizing someone or something but the title is clearly negative, and people just like it... I'm assuming that they are liking the criticism within the article, but it's too ambigueous~ it looks like they're liking the negative aspect. Why can't people just leave a comment to be more precise? :P

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 20:41:48 »
Entry #2:

Example:

Show Image

For someone who never used (nor will) facebook what does a like actually achieve?

I guess its similar to upvoting on reddit  ^-^

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 20:42:30 »
Entry #2:

Example:

Show Image

This.

Another example is when an article is criticizing someone or something but the title is clearly negative, and people just like it... I'm assuming that they are liking the criticism within the article, but it's too ambigueous~ it looks like they're liking the negative aspect. Why can't people just leave a comment to be more precise? :p

One of these days, I am just going to reply to each person that LIKED that article and ask them WHY

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 20:47:27 »
Entry #2:

Example:

Show Image

jeez wow i dont even know about this one bro it's a real stinker thinker

98% of facebook users are mindless drones that scroll and click like until they get bored of whatever stupid 10 second clips or gifs they are mindlessly scrolling through. maybe their finger gets tired of scrolling first. who knows.

in this case, they most likely "liked" the story because one of their friends shared it, thats just my wild guess. i use my noodle sometimes. maybe.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #111 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 20:47:56 »
One of these days, I am just going to reply to each person that LIKED that article and ask them WHY

It'd be an interesting social experiment. You'll probably be met with sarcastic and smart-ass replies, but I mean...if they are going to even bother liking, how hard is it to just leave a comment expressing their opinion. I think Facebook should just remove the Like button all together, and leave it to commenting.

Offline Jhonan

• Chicks love duck pics...
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 21:26:20 »

It'd be an interesting social experiment. You'll probably be met with sarcastic and smart-ass replies, but I mean...if they are going to even bother liking, how hard is it to just leave a comment expressing their opinion. I think Facebook should just remove the Like button all together, and leave it to commenting.

But without 10k likes this little girl will never get that brain transplant she so desperately needs!
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 November 2015, 21:28:29 by Jhonan »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 21:31:56 »
But without 10k likes this little girl will never get that brain transplant she so desperately needs!
Show Image

Offline Jhonan

• Chicks love duck pics...
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 21:46:01 »
Lol, he's trying so hard...
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 November 2015, 21:56:21 by Jhonan »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #115 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 22:41:33 »
Entry #2:

Example:

Show Image

98% of facebook users are mindless drones that scroll and click like until they get bored of whatever stupid 10 second clips or gifs they are mindlessly scrolling through. maybe their finger gets tired of scrolling first. who knows.

in this case, they most likely "liked" the story because one of their friends shared it, thats just my wild guess. i use my noodle sometimes. maybe.

* HoffmanMyster likes this post

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #116 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 23:02:26 »
Entry #2:

Example:

Show Image

* rowdy likes the fact that Hoffman likes this post, and also notes that Hoffman is close to 7777 posts
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 23:15:29 »
Entry #2:

Example:

Show Image

* rowdy likes the fact that Hoffman likes this post, and also notes that Hoffman is close to 7777 posts

* nubbinator just wants to join in the lovefest

* nubbinator just wants someone to love him...why won't anyone love him

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 23:18:11 »
Entry #2:

Example:

Show Image

* HoffmanMyster wonders that too... 

JK

* HoffmanMyster woves widdle nubblewubbles

Offline Belfong

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 23:24:12 »
Those who Like in FB  are just lazy. Like takes one tap.
Share takes two taps and might need to type something to comment.

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 23:33:10 »

Back in early HS days, my brother and I had our own phone lines in our rooms across the house. We'd be online and both on AIM and he'd call me on the phone. I'd ask why he didn't just message me or come talk to me and he said he didn't want to get up and that on the phone he only has to hit one button on the speed dial as opposed to typing it all out.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Belfong

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 23:37:33 »

Back in early HS days, my brother and I had our own phone lines in our rooms across the house. We'd be online and both on AIM and he'd call me on the phone. I'd ask why he didn't just message me or come talk to me and he said he didn't want to get up and that on the phone he only has to hit one button on the speed dial as opposed to typing it all out.
ha ha ha .. these days, we don't even want to shout to ask everyone for dinner. We just group WhatsApp!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 23:40:41 »
Entry #2:

Example:

Show Image

* rowdy sends his fondest regards to nubbs
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline keyboardia1

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 03:36:50 »
Entry #2:

Example:

Show Image

Some people just like liking everything, sometimes I'm pretty sure they didn't read the article.
There have been studies that show that people like and share (!) articles based on how they want people to see them. meaning: often times people share articles without reading them. case in point, science articles often get shared a lot, but people don't actually click on the link. we want to look smart, but we're not really willing to put any effort in actually becoming smart.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #124 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:35:20 »
You can't make me read the articles! :(

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:37:37 »
On the subject of Facebook, why do they advertise? It makes zero sense to me

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #126 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:52:40 »

To remind people that they exist and to solidify themselves as the "go-to" social media outlet in your mind. 

Same reason McDonald's advertises.  Very few people see a commercial and decide "Yep, that's what's for dinner tonight".

But I agree, it's dumb.  :P

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:54:42 »
Yup it's all about "mindshare" and logically it's dumb in reality it works like you can't believe..... guess people are just a little more gullible then we like to believe.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #128 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:07:51 »
I'm sure you've heard the Facebook joke, guy decides to try living his life out as one posts on Facebook, he showed people on his walk to work photos of his dog and his breakfast,  he poked a few people, he made sure to tell lots of people he liked what they were saying, then he yelled at a few people who were talking politics and he  asked a half dozen people if he could share some of there stuff. It really paid off as he now has 3 new friends following him, two police detectives and a psychiatrist.

Edit: I'm going on a couple hours of sleep, maybe somebody already shared this, its from some comedian I think.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:10:30 by SpAmRaY »

Offline KippHuntress

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 08:47:49 »

To remind people that they exist and to solidify themselves as the "go-to" social media outlet in your mind. 

Same reason McDonald's advertises.  Very few people see a commercial and decide "Yep, that's what's for dinner tonight".

Now I want mcdonalds after reading your post.

Seriously though I don't get mcdonalds advertising as they never have anything new, just price changes. Taco Bell on the other hand... I study those commercials bro and have to plan my week out accordingly. Taco bell marketing is genius, I wanted some TB after seeing the video of the marketing manager beating up that uber driver. **** is powerful

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 11:25:13 »

Seriously though I don't get mcdonalds advertising as they never have anything new, just price changes. Taco Bell on the other hand... I study those commercials bro and have to plan my week out accordingly. Taco bell marketing is genius, I wanted some TB after seeing the video of the marketing manager beating up that uber driver. **** is powerful

Makes sense why McDonalds is in the ****ters these days. They are legit in financial crisis right now.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 21:20:40 »

F*** the marketing. You want taco bell 'cause it's delicious.

Even marketing won't save McD's. They're in a financial crisis because their core values and models are designed after the Gen Xers (baby boomers), who wanted traditional fare at cheap prices. Then the millennials are taking over and want viable, whole foods at cheap prices, stuff like Chipotle, etc., they don't want greasy hamburgers. Taco Bell/Yum Foods can adjust to the market in a way McD's cant, since they probably even align with "the american dream", something millennials increasingly do not believe in.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 22:01:36 »

Even marketing won't save McD's. They're in a financial crisis because their core values and models are designed after the Gen Xers (baby boomers), who wanted traditional fare at cheap prices. Then the millennials are taking over and want viable, whole foods at cheap prices, stuff like Chipotle, etc., they don't want greasy hamburgers. Taco Bell/Yum Foods can adjust to the market in a way McD's cant, since they probably even align with "the american dream", something millennials increasingly do not believe in.

McD's is killing it in China, India, and Thailand.  Maybe other places, those are just the ones where I've personally stood in a crazy-long line and seen those lines day in and day out.  I didn't eat it often, but when I did it was always packed.  So are you sure they are in a financial crisis, or are you just talking about what you observe about the US market?  I know nothing about their financials, but I know that China is starting to be the largest market in the world is many different product areas.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 23:15:40 »

McD's is killing it in China, India, and Thailand.  Maybe other places, those are just the ones where I've personally stood in a crazy-long line and seen those lines day in and day out.  I didn't eat it often, but when I did it was always packed.  So are you sure they are in a financial crisis, or are you just talking about what you observe about the US market?  I know nothing about their financials, but I know that China is starting to be the largest market in the world is many different product areas.

From what I know, McDonalds is doing okay still. They have just had to do some restructuring, moving stores from low profit areas to higher profiting areas. They may not be doing as well as they used to, but they are still raking in the cash.

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • You make my words I'm gonna get my grade 10
« Reply #134 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 11:34:55 »
Reflections of the day: why does my battery go from 100% to 38% in 8 hours, why does the guy living above me trample around at 9am, and what's with airplane food?

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #135 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 11:35:56 »
Reflections of the day: why does my battery go from 100% to 38% in 8 hours, why does the guy living above me trample around at 9am, and what's with airplane food?

It's the man trying to hold you down. No doubt.

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 03:06:20 »
This thread escalated real quick!

Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 16:42:57 »
Facebook is very nice, and very thoughtful...  :-*

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #138 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 16:46:17 »

Show Image

As long as it doesn't start talking to me and calling me Dave, I will take it's compliments.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 17:02:02 »

Show Image

yes... thoughtful
until a week ago, I opened my facebook first thing in the morning
and what I get is a bigger banner than that one with flowers frame, asking me don't forget to wish my ex (who left me 5years ago) a happy birthday

I mean like they do have the record of my facebook from being in relationship, to complicated and none with her  :-X
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 03:24:29 »
WHY ARENT THERE JIMMY JOHNS IN NEW YORK

There are a bunch.  There's one about 15 minutes from me.  Regardless, if you're in NY, Wegmans makes the best sammiches.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 04:59:24 »
I only use facebook for messaging people, can't stand the rest of it as it's become a **** imgur or r/pics coupled with horrible motivational posts from friends with the most ****ed up lives...

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • You make my words I'm gonna get my grade 10
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 10:29:32 »

Show Image

I like this post

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 14:11:46 »
I didn't have enough time to get my other designs into the sale. Oh well. Maybe next year?

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 14:19:56 »
Ooo dayum that's good

Add a Santa hat (or color scheme) and then it's for a Christmas sale :P

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #145 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 14:57:15 »
I didn't have enough time to get my other designs into the sale. Oh well. Maybe next year?

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #146 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 14:59:53 »

Very nice sculpts Bro!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 15:30:33 »

put cool shades 80's on that vampire

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #148 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 15:52:56 »
that zombie is legit  :p
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline tchevass

• open wide
« Reply #149 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 22:19:06 »

Are u using some dentist tool ?
I want clacks