Author Topic: Anyone playing Fallout Shelter?  (Read 1257 times)

Offline pesky brat

Anyone playing Fallout Shelter?
« on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 00:27:46 »
Like many people, I am pretty hyped for Fallout 4. I played the sh*t outta 3 and NV, and from the gameplay trailers I think Bethesda is gonna knock 4 outta the park.

But in the meantime.. has anyone been playing Fallout Shelter? I'm sure it's old news to iOS users, but I've been semi-addicted to it ever since it came out on Android. It's simple on the surface, but man it's fun. And deceivingly hard too, my whole vault's been nearly wiped like 3 times already.

So anyone else enjoying this game? Any stories?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: Anyone playing Fallout Shelter?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 04:29:38 »
Yeah, I've played it quite a bit, it's fun to move your guys around, train them all up to get the most optimal setup and the quickest resource generation.

However I have got to the point where instead of the easy bandit invasions that you can repel by the first room, or the radroaches, you get Deathclaws that you can't kill because they move too fast and they are too tough, and mole rats that come through the walls. It's as if I've hit a wall of difficulty with the random events.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline spectre

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 13:17:11 »
Yeah, I've played it quite a bit, it's fun to move your guys around, train them all up to get the most optimal setup and the quickest resource generation.

However I have got to the point where instead of the easy bandit invasions that you can repel by the first room, or the radroaches, you get Deathclaws that you can't kill because they move too fast and they are too tough, and mole rats that come through the walls. It's as if I've hit a wall of difficulty with the random events.

I got past that wall... now everything is too easy. I miss fearing deathclaws, now I just burn them in the third room they come by, without losing anyone. Bandits are a joke, dont get past my first 2 dwellers. The only interesting aspect at this point is exploration, getting rare itens, but even this is becoming repetitive.

Im starting to see the game as incomplete... too few options, too few events, repetitive. It has an awesome potential(real experiments, anyone? Sending your own dwellers attacking a friends vault as raiders? so many ideas....), but so far I think its only riding the franchise hype.

Offline TheO-RingGuys

• Hey, my name is Fernand and I sell o-rings. B)
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 22:00:01 »
I've seen some gameplay and it looks pretty intriguing. I'm actually going to give it a go right now :)