Author Topic: PBT White/Beige set ROUND 4 ★★★ISO included★★★★ 133keys Accept order now  (Read 431024 times)

Offline redskull

Not going for novelties, just that one win key. I know it bothers Mac/Linux users to look at that win key.

Once IMSTO confirms the keys, I should be able to provide mockups to most of the other layouts, so that should calm people down and see what they are ordering.

for the os keys, maybe you can try do something like a blue palm tree symbol. blue crescent and moon would be cool too.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
On retrospect I think the palm is better because the crescent and moon might spike some religious talk. Just my two cents. I'm just here to help with the design to see this through.

Offline Sempre

On retrospect I think the palm is better because the crescent and moon might spike some religious talk. Just my two cents. I'm just here to help with the design to see this through.

Yes, a Palm legend would be nice

Offline RinSama269

I like what Moz did with the Arabic font set overall..It covers the HHKB layout with some side printed keys and and extra '\' R1 1u key which absent  in IMSTO original 133 keyset. How I wish all of the other sets have this printed layout..

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Hopefully they will. :)

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
I highly doubt any religious talk will spark from the crescent symbol since nothing happened in the last buy concerning that.
Does someone want to tell me what relation palm trees have to that particular set? I think it wouldn't look aesthetically pleasing.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline lolpes

I highly doubt any religious talk will spark from the crescent symbol since nothing happened in the last buy concerning that.
Does someone want to tell me what relation palm trees have to that particular set? I think it wouldn't look aesthetically pleasing.

I think the same. Between palm trees and crescent and moon, i'll take the second one.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Cool, will add crescent and moon, just wanted to play it safe :)

Offline redskull

palm tree being the dominant plant in the desert. moon and crescent more to the religious side like on top of mosques but im ok with either.

Offline tkpresent

Does anybody has a sample image of Red Desko?
I'm really interested in the Desko and Red Desko, but I've never seen the Red one yet.

Here

Show Image

Thanks!
looks cool.
Now I can't decide. Which one should I take, desko or red desko? :p
- HHKB
- Varmilo VA68M
- Octagon V2
- TX 87
- ZZ96
- TX1800

Offline zzyjayfree

Very interested in the ancient Egyptian set, if only there's a render  :p :p
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 April 2016, 13:33:49 by MOZ »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
Those look absolutely superb MOZ, however I would not recommend using the star and crescent for the Arabic set (or the yin yang for the Hangul for that matter).
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Those look absolutely superb MOZ, however I would not recommend using the star and crescent for the Arabic set (or the yin yang for the Hangul for that matter).

Reasons? Go with classic Win 98 logo?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Alright, so I've got a few designs up for feedback:

Arabic:
More
Show Image

Hangul (I tried to use a design similar to the Cherry font):
More
Show Image

Cyrillic/Ural (Just imagine red is orange):
More
Show Image

Miami:
More
Show Image

Remember, legends are not 100% position precise as I don't have the key template from IMSTO yet.

Desko mockups coming up next...

Great work MOZ!

Your sets contain all 4 extra ISO keys and the "`~" and "\|" keys in both color combinations for perfect symmetry. Love it!

Any word from IMSTO about this? Right now I don't even know which keys will be included in the official sets :(

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
I've sent him an email and hopefully if he sees that this setup is better, he'll agree.

==============================

Those looking for EU language specific layouts, please confirm if these are correct:

Norwegian:

Danish:

French:

German:

Hungarian

I think going with black font face would be best? How about adapter kits rather than full sets. For the Nordic layouts German, French, this shouldn't be more than a few keys.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2016, 14:04:22 by MOZ »

Offline wilarseny

I'd imagine the religious question. It's tough, since many of the most iconic logo-type images relating to Arabic are also Islamic in nature.

Personally I like having something arabic-specific as the logo, maybe something like this? http://thumb1.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/2781913/279731750/stock-photo-arabic-language-with-arabic-letters-279731750.jpg (just says "arabic language" in arabic).  Obviously the main part would need to be vectored, shouldn't be too hard.

Could also always just write the word "windows" in arabic script, I could probably make you a vector for that.

(I'd also like to raise the question of what color for the arabic sublegends, personally the blue isn't super appealing to me. Black english lettering with green arabic subtext would be pretty neat personally.)
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2016, 14:06:37 by wilarseny »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
I've sent him an email and hopefully if he sees that this setup is better, he'll agree.

Those looking for EU language specific layouts, please confirm if these are correct:

Norwegian:
Show Image

Danish:
Show Image

French:
Show Image

German:
Show Image

Hungarian
Show Image

I think going with black font face would be best? How about adapter kits rather than full sets. For the Nordic layouts German, French, this shouldn't be more than a few keys.

The German set ist correct. Since classic beige is readily available on German ebay, I'd prefer a different version with other colors.

Also, I'd prefer text+icon modifiers instead of just icons.

Offline t8c

Norwegian:
Show Image

Very good. 100% correct. Black font face would rock, as it were like that on the original boards. Adapter kits are a good suggestion if it makes it easier.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Just looking for the differences from standard ANSI, mods would be the same as the rest (Icon + Text)

I've also updated the post with the mockups, there were a few small corrections. Please everyone ordering a set, have a very close look at the sets for any mistakes with the legends.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened

Norwegian:
Show Image

Danish:
Show Image

French:
Show Image

German:
Show Image

Hungarian
Show Image

French is incorrect on the modifiers, it's icon only for all modifiers but the enter key who has the "Entrée" legend.

The euro symbol on the E is either there or not. Older set like the one below doesn't have it, but modern sets have it.

please refer to this :

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Sempre

I have to say Moz did an amazing job with the sets.  When I sent him the Arabic font I didn't expect him to make a full blown high quality mockup so quickly. Also, thanks Moz for tolerating my numerous suggestions and nitpicking in the PMs.
This is a great set that is very similar to the rare Cherry G81-3000 SAA board.
Hopefully Imsto can manage to incorporate this into the groupbuy.

Offline Relaxbro

What font did Imsto use for the Hangul here? I really like it.

Offline KnivesM

What font did Imsto use for the Hangul here? I really like it.

Show Image

I believe that's the Cherry style Hangul.

Miami, need ideas for win key:
Show Image

You could use the old designs unless you don't want to use that because it's Ivan's.

« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2016, 14:59:40 by KnivesM »
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
I think he's talking about the particular font for the Hangul characters. It is Gungsuh, comes with Windows pre-installed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2016, 15:23:13 by MOZ »

Offline Relaxbro

I think he's talking about the particular font for the Hangul characters. It is Gunsuh/Bantang.ttc, comes with Windows pre-installed.

Thanks. It looks like Gungsuh. Do you know if he plans to do any of the sets with that font?

Offline KnivesM

I think he's talking about the particular font for the Hangul characters. It is Gunsuh/Bantang.ttc, comes with Windows pre-installed.
Oh okay my bad
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
I think he's talking about the particular font for the Hangul characters. It is Gungsuh/Bantang.ttc, comes with Windows pre-installed.

Thanks. It looks like Gungsuh. Do you know if he plans to do any of the sets with that font?

Funny thing is, I too like it, because it has the oriental look to it. I just thought something different might look good. I'll upload a mockup soon with the Gungsuh font.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
You could use the old designs unless you don't want to use that because it's Ivan's.

I'd rather not, as it was his design unless people really want it.

Offline Geekmie

No Aurebesh for round 4?

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
Mostly because it's an Islamic symbol which I and many others wouldn't want on a keyboard. Personally, I would still buy the set and replace the key with regular winkeys, however I know that some other people wouldn't be willing to go to that much effort.

I mentioned the Hangul set too because, to be honest, I think just regular winkeys look better. However, I don't see the yin yang as problematic like the star and crescent.
github

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
No Aurebesh for round 4?

Waiting to get the font from IMSTO to make mockups :)

Mostly because it's an Islamic symbol which I and many others wouldn't want on a keyboard. Personally, I would still buy the set and replace the key with regular winkeys, however I know that some other people wouldn't be willing to go to that much effort.

I mentioned the Hangul set too because, to be honest, I think just regular winkeys look better. However, I don't see the yin yang as problematic like the star and crescent.

I agree about the moon and crescent, this was my initial hesitation too. What about the palm tree that has been suggested?

Offline derzemel

Saying that the crescent moon is only an Islamic symbol, is like saying that the swastika is a purely nazi symbol, or that Isis is a only a terror organization name, without any other hystorical meanings. The crescent moon is now associated with Islam only because it was used by the Otoman empire. Before that it was used by many ancient people.
I do not see any issues in using it. I would prefer a windows symbol, or a black cherry symbol, or yin-yang, but the Crescent moon does not bother me
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2016, 16:02:16 by derzemel »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
Saying that the crescent moon is an Islamic simbol, is like saying that the swastika is a purely nazi symbol, or that Isis is a only a terror organization name, without any other hystorical meanings. The crescent moon is now associated with Islam only because it was used by the Otoman empire. Before that it was used by many ancient people.
In modern history it is an Islamic symbol; that's what it primarily represents in today's society. Besides, I don't think anyone would want to see a Swastika on a keyset, even if it were meant to represent something other than the Nazis. I mean, there are guys on taobao that sell Swastika keycaps that aren't meant to represent Nazism, but I don't see anyone here buying them.

I'm not saying that the star and crescent only represents Islam, but I and many others associate it with that, and as such would not want it on a keyboard. I don't associate it with ISIS, nor do I care about ISIS.

Also, like I said, I would still buy the keyset even if it weren't modified. I love the Arabic set and would happily replace the keys with some different ones. However, I'm sure some other people would not go through the trouble. I don't recommend this change because I'm offended or because of my personal beliefs; I recommend it because I believe it would make the set more popular.

I agree about the moon and crescent, this was my initial hesitation too. What about the palm tree that has been suggested?
I'm sure a palm tree would be absolutely fine. If it were up to me I'd still just go with a Windows logo, but that's just my opinion and I may be in the minority here. I would just steer clear of any religious symbols, especially ones which are controversial. A palm tree definitely fits that criteria.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2016, 16:07:41 by Photekq »
github

Offline lolpes

Can I choose two small cactus and a bigger cactus growing in the middle? Best OS key ever!

Anyway, I am fine with anything really, but I liked the ideas the cactus that was suggested earlier ^

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
The discussion thus far is exactly why I want to avoid using the crescent and star. Will replace with palm tree/cactus. lolpes do you have an image in mind? I can think of a nice silhouette of that kind.

Offline lolpes

Please don't enable me MOZ xD the cactus part was a joke, and I can draw the silhouette if you didn't get it :p

Anyway, no I don't have any ideas for now, but when I get to work tomorrow I'll try to see what I can find and draw it and send it to you, no cactus jokes this time :p but in my opinion I think I like to keep the set as close to the original as possible :) but then again, I also don't mind it ;)

Offline infodroid

Arabic:
Show Image

MOZ: I like what you did here with the Arabic legends!

Here is the thing. It is a mystery to me why some Arabic keyboards use the isolated form of each character, while others like the Cherry G81-3000 use the initial form.

Do you have any thoughts on this matter?

For example, you can see the difference between the two in this Wikipedia table:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_alphabet#Letter_forms

I would have thought that the isolated form is more "proper" (if there is such a thing) because it treats each letter individually instead of representing it as it would look like at the start of a word.

Also, the isolated letters look more beautiful to me. Here is the Apple keyboard layout for Arabic as an example (which is probably not the greatest example since they use a very weird layout):

More
And here is a random keyboard I found... I liked the blue/white contrast, and this has a more conventional layout:

I think maybe I prefer the isolated form because there is more diversity in the letter shapes, which makes it more interesting.

On the other hand, there is a sort of smooth uniformity about the initial form look, which makes it look sleek.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2016, 20:01:03 by infodroid »

Offline redskull

The discussion thus far is exactly why I want to avoid using the crescent and star. Will replace with palm tree/cactus. lolpes do you have an image in mind? I can think of a nice silhouette of that kind.

palm tree would be great

the yin yang is very much associated with chinese instead of korean.

Arabic:
Show Image

MOZ: I like what you did here with the Arabic legends!

Here is the thing. It is a mystery to me why some Arabic keyboards use the isolated form of each character, while others like the Cherry G81-3000 use the initial form.

Do you have any thoughts on this matter?

For example, you can see the difference between the two in this Wikipedia table:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_alphabet#Letter_forms

I would have thought that the isolated form is more "proper" (if there is such a thing) because it treats each letter individually instead of representing it as it would look like at the start of a word.

Also, the isolated letters look more beautiful to me. Here is the Apple keyboard layout for Arabic as an example (which is probably not the greatest example since they use a very weird layout):
Show Image

More
And here is a random keyboard I found... I liked the blue/white contrast, and this has a more conventional layout:
Show Image

I think maybe I prefer the isolated form because there is more diversity in the letter shapes, which makes it more interesting.

On the other hand, there is a sort of smooth uniformity about the initial form look, which makes it look sleek.

the original rare 3000SAA has initial form. yes it looks more sleek.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2016, 21:30:24 by redskull »

Offline redskull

MOZ, can you please help re-make those egyptian mockups? i really think they would look great but currently they look very wonky.

Offline gadzkun

how about japanese set.
could imsto add a legend text on the numpad?

its kinda plain :rolleyes:

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Hold your horses dearies, I'll get to each set one by one :P

I've been thinking, we've always done the Irish set in US-Intl, how about doing it in some other color, and...

Have the Irish set done in Tengwar/Sindarin. English primary legends in dark green and Tengwar legends in lime. Thoughts?

Offline lolpes

Hold your horses dearies, I'll get to each set one by one :P

I've been thinking, we've always done the Irish set in US-Intl, how about doing it in some other color, and...

Have the Irish set done in Tengwar/Sindarin. English primary legends in dark green and Tengwar legends in lime. Thoughts?

There are so many color combos possible, why not light blue and orange, or purlple and light purple or magenta ? :D

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
Would love to see Sindarin in dark green and English in black. To me elves mean deep, celtic forests. Dark green works best for this, while lime is too bright and citrusy.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 April 2016, 03:21:51 by Photekq »
github

Offline derzemel

Would love to see Sindarin in dark green and English in black. To me elves mean deep, celtic forests. Dark green works best for this, while lime is too bright and citrusy.
I agree with Photekq here

Offline sphinx

Is it still possible to ask for an ISO portuguese layout or am I too late ? :D

I have a G80-1800 ISO to recondition that is just begging for some decent keycaps

pliiiiiz ? :D

can this be added to the group buy too?

as far as i noticed it is close to the danish layout with a few changes

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
What's preferred for Japanese, Mincho or Gothic?

Offline jaffers

Is there a picture of desko? Can we get a photo if not?

Offline nyunyu

Hungarian
Show Image

I'm trying to order this layout from imsto for almost 3 months now:
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/c7632376634cd2b19208

Similar to Olivetti colour scheme, but beige mods instead of grays.
Cherry fonts+symbols would be fine.

If this is not possible, then do it like the old hungarian G80-3000 style: