Author Topic: PBT White/Beige set ROUND 4 ★★★ISO included★★★★ 133keys Accept order now  (Read 428603 times)

Offline VERGiL

This is getting even weirder. Now Red Desko and Cherry style hangul is +$10. And the Ancient Egyptian sets have no extra cost any more. Instead, the Blue print and Miami are +$3.
That doesn't make any sense. I'm really tempted to get a german set, but this GB is really, really weird.

Offline infodroid

Alright, so I've got a few designs up for feedback:

Arabic:
Show Image

Your Arabic mockups are correct and very well done.

However the كـ looks a bit strange, mainly the top half of the character is too long, which makes it look eccentric.

Offline infodroid

Miami, need ideas for win key:

Well, the palm tree is in fact the Miami official seal...

Too many palm trees in this thread  :))

Offline geniekid

Miami, need ideas for win key:

Well, the palm tree is in fact the Miami official seal...

Show Image

Too many palm trees in this thread  :))

Just use the palm tree for Arabic, but make it sexier.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 April 2016, 13:33:01 by MOZ »

Offline t8c

Those are so cool! Any chance the EU icon modifiers can be without text i.e. icon only, like the caps lock here

and shift, backspace, tab and enter here?

Offline getf

• In Rod We Trust
Will Miami be on full white background?
Will there be any other sets on full white background?

Offline joostflux

• Cars, computers, anime, and keyboards
I absolutely love the Japanese one! I could not contain my excitement and I do apologize.

Endgame? There is no endgame.

Offline Relaxbro

Great work MOZ! Really loving the Hangul and the Japanese sets :thumb:

Offline mesteris

Will Miami be on full white background?
Will there be any other sets on full white background?

I'd be highly interested in the basic colored dye-subs on a full white set! :p

Offline geniekid

The mockups look great MOZ, but I'm a little confused here...are you working with IMSTO on the final layout or what's happening?

Offline wilarseny

So here goes, mockups again.

Arabic Changed win key to palm tree, sand, remove arrow from the numpad enter for the classic look:
Show Image

Think my post got lost in the shuffle above - are the colors for the Arabic set up for debate? I'd love an arabic set, but the blue sublegends aren't a personal favorite.

Offline lolpes

It is to recreate the g80 SAA set, so to mimic it, it has to be blue, only other option I would think to consider would be black, and even the blue is better :p

Offline s3vv4

I think the Japanese would look way better with the legend colors inverted, like roman black and hiragana red, that would be my dream set!
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 April 2016, 17:36:43 by s3vv4 »

Offline infodroid

I like the Rose of Sharon on the Korean winkey. It is very elegant.

I am not a huge fan of the new Arabic winkey. I prefer the crescent to the sand dune.

The same for the new Miami winkey, I feel that Ivan's was a lot cooler.

Offline lolpes

I actually loved the new Miami Ainsley!

Offline ceflame

Ugh MOZ stop making these sets so sexy. Now I actually have to buy some of them.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
The mockups look great MOZ, but I'm a little confused here...are you working with IMSTO on the final layout or what's happening?

Yeah this. So what's happening to the original Japanese set? o.o
Not saying your render aren't nice but just like to know which is the final mockup.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 April 2016, 19:06:43 by pichu23 »
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
Is there an option for Red Russian Cyrillic like this one shown in the OP?

I dont see an option for it on the order page, i only see the option "Russian".

Offline redskull

imsto offered anyone to email him with designs. he would have the last say but i believe he is in contact with MOZ to finalize and properly mock everything up.

MOZ, hope you don't forget to do the proper mockups for the Ancient Egyptian too.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 April 2016, 21:10:29 by redskull »

Offline redskull

Is there an option for Red Russian Cyrillic like this one shown in the OP?
Show Image

I dont see an option for it on the order page, i only see the option "Russian".

Russian is for the standard red cyrilic, Ural is for the orange colored.

Offline gadzkun

TY MOZ!!!! that Japanese was really really really gorgeous :-*
now i can sleep in peace  ^-^
IMSTO please make that japanese from MOZ happen :p

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Red Desko Replicated the exact look of the Red Desko set. Added Desko logo win key, there was no win key in OG set.:
Show Image

Very nice mockups, thanks for making them.

Honestly, please go with a normal Winkey for the Red Desko. It's not meant to be a fancy (think Miami, or something) keyset, less novel and more like classic beige.

Also, I think you're missing the red print on the Esc key legend.

Out of pure curiosity, are you making the mockups so we have a reference, or are you actually working with imsto to produce exactly the same as the mockups? If the latter, I feel the GB participants will want to have a bit more say in it.

Once again, imsto has done great in the past, and I am worried that "too many chefs in the kitchen" syndrome might mess up what is already great.

My only suggestion is that most people would probably prefer a normal Winkey, especially if it's more of a classic colourway, and wish to see a normal Win8 winkey dyesub for all the sets (except the fancy novelty sets, such as the Starwars or Miami, or whatever).
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 April 2016, 22:48:41 by Karura »

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline redskull

MOZ, for the arabic set, can you please remove sideprints from Capslock, Control and the | \ key below the backspace? also the blue 'Gr' on alt? leave the original 7 on the alphas/f row with SysRq in green and Break in black. IMO, this will look cleaner and more towards the original.

the palm tree is cool though for me but as Karura said, normal win8 winkey might be the preferred choice of many for the sets that are of classic colorway.

Tengwar is damn cool, if this is done, im getting one for sure.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Just to clarify, I'm not just creating reference mockups, but hopefully what should be the final sets. I have been in correspondence with IMSTO about this. His previous sets were more or less designed by Ivan, who did a great job no doubt. So this is one aspect he needs assistance with.

Regarding the final keycaps on offer, I have sent him IMSTO a message, but communication isn't his strongest suite :P, still waiting to hear from him.

I think it might best to go with classic Win 98 logo on the Desko, basic Cherry legends only dyesubs and some others such as the Arabic and Miami. For some sets, such as the Hangul, Japanese, the win key is quite elegant so I'll leave it. Thoughts?

Offline redskull

MOZ,

what do you mean by 'basic Cherry legends only dyesubs and some others such as the Arabic and Miami.'?

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
MOZ,

what do you mean by 'basic Cherry legends only dyesubs and some others such as the Arabic and Miami.'?

The sets with Cherry legends only, like this one:

Offline gadzkun

Just to clarify, I'm not just creating reference mockups, but hopefully what should be the final sets. I have been in correspondence with IMSTO about this. His previous sets were more or less designed by Ivan, who did a great job no doubt. So this is one aspect he needs assistance with.

Regarding the final keycaps on offer, I have sent him IMSTO a message, but communication isn't his strongest suite :P, still waiting to hear from him.

I think it might best to go with classic Win 98 logo on the Desko, basic Cherry legends only dyesubs and some others such as the Arabic and Miami. For some sets, such as the Hangul, Japanese, the win key is quite elegant so I'll leave it. Thoughts?

your japanese mock up really gorgeous!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
i hope imsto would make it like that  :cool:

Offline Phirr

• If you don't work you die.
All the mockups look great, keep going MOZ.

That being said, the miami winkey is a little too busy for my taste

Offline Phirr

• If you don't work you die.
Also is the r1 desko pgdn supposed to be sans sublegends?

edit: Also, does imsto have access to rgb mods? Thought the caps were sourced from gateron.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 April 2016, 11:44:22 by Phirr »

Offline redskull

ok thanks MOZ.

my suggestion on the arabic and other cherry replicas is as before regarding those sideprints and keeping things as close to original.

also agree with winkey 98 for all of them except those exotic fonts, keep the winkeys that you designed.

i will try email imsto again to push him send you the templates faster.  :))

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Thanks MOZ, I prefer win8 logos on most of them, as win98 logo is quite a niche, and win8 logo is more neutral and cleaner with classic sets.

Offline anthonyooiszewen

Thanks MOZ, I prefer win8 logos on most of them, as win98 logo is quite a niche, and win8 logo is more neutral and cleaner with classic sets.

Agreed! Win8 for most of the sets and 98 for Desko please! Thanks, MOZ. You're doing great work!

Offline ViciousWhiskers

Has the Japanese design already been finalized MOZ?

Because... Am I the only one who prefers the old Japanese set with it having a simple Japanese font?  :(

I've already placed an order for this newer Jap set (since I didn't get mine from Ivan's group buy due to all that fiasco).
But, basing on just the mockup images alone, this specific Mincho font looks too "script-like / calligraphic" with a large variance in stroke thickness here and there, and I have mixed feelings about that.
I just feel that it doesn't match a keyboard with the alphabet on it, being that the alphabet has letters with either hard edges and sharp turns or round corners overall (take the Hangul set for example, it looks quite appealing to me with a consistent thickness for each stroke in a character). What attracted me to the previous Japanese keyset that Ivan had originally listed in his group buy was how nice and subtle the dyesubbed font for Japanese characters were; it mixed in with the alphabet letters pretty nicely for a nice "modern" feel. I hope I'm not asking for too much, but I'm wondering if MOZ could show a comparison of different font faces for the Japanese keyset, preferably with a less "calligraphic" font (maybe go for some Gothic-type font?).

Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 April 2016, 21:10:50 by ViciousWhiskers »
Knock Knock.
Race Condition.
Who's there?

Offline redskull

saw MOZ's edit. dayum, so many good sets coming...  :eek:

Offline Zeneraith

Because... Am I the only one who prefers the old Japanese set with it having a simple Japanese font?  :(

You're not the only one! I prefer the look of the previous Japanese set as well. :thumb:

For me, it's not just the Japanese font, but also the font for the alphabet characters. I'm pretty fond of the thin font used. I feel that it goes well with the previous Japanese font (Gothic?), which is rather thin too.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.

Agreed! Win8 for most of the sets and 98 for Desko please! Thanks, MOZ. You're doing great work!

Disagree, Win8 for all including Desko please

Offline gadzkun

make a comparison for japanese and take a vote? i agree.. :thumb:
thin or thick its ok for me, i just want the numpad had more text legend and not plain like the previous ivan GB..
but i really like the new japanese set feels more like "japanese" with calligraphy text.. :p

Offline AgentZen

How do you guys feel about the gateron keycaps? Where do they rank vs past pbt keycaps imsto has sold?
KUL ES-87 w/ Clears (GMK Hyperfuse) | Working on: Custom 60% w/ 65g feelios (BSP blanks)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

Long live the Win7 logo, or better yet the Win95/98.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
Long live the Win7 logo, or better yet the Win95/98.

yes
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline KnivesM

How do you guys feel about the gateron keycaps? Where do they rank vs past pbt keycaps imsto has sold?
Better than Vortex, not as good as BSP smoothness wise, thickness they're a tiny bit thicker than vortex, and thicker than BSP.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 April 2016, 01:10:24 by KnivesM »
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline kaeeeede

Wait so the hangul layout is suddenly changing? I already joined expecting the one in the OP like from the previous GB. Or are you debating the Cherry style hangul?

Offline tuantruong

I still wish imsto would do another BSP round, the gateron colors are just kinda off to me.

Offline VERGiL

Really a matter of taste, but I'd also like to see the win98 style keys :)

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
anyone else thinks that the sideprints for control, caps lock and pipe key doesn't look as nice in desko, cyrillic and arabic set? :/

Offline Villain

I appreciate the work moz, but I ordered the japanese set because I like minimalistic look of the old one. Now if imsto changes it, I'll have to cancel my order

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
I appreciate the work moz, but I ordered the japanese set because I like minimalistic look of the old one. Now if imsto changes it, I'll have to cancel my order

At the risk of sounding like a condescending ass, the set Ivan made is just Japanese legends slapped on an ANSI layout, there are a few important keys missing for it to be truly usable. As a first, Japanese layout uses the JIS layout (Close to ISO) and not the 104-key ANSI.

If the people ordering Japanese set, want to have a minimalistic look with Gothic font, I have absolutely no problem with that and will edit the mockups. I'm just making my services as a designer available. I will upload sample text in a few different fonts and then we can choose the one that looks best?

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Based on the various feedback, I've made some changes to all the sets. There are some minor corrections her and there in all the sets.

I removed the backspace sideprint on the alpha colored 1.5U key because when using that key as a backspace, you'd want to use the darker colroed mod key. If users feel strongly about removing the sideprinted Control and Lock, I can remove that as well, although I think it is good compromise for those wanting to use HHKB style layout (Me, not being one of them).

Also changed the win key on some of the sets, in general if the primary legend is black, I've gone ahead with the win98 logo and if they are colored, then with the win8 logo. Again, I'm going to go with whatever the consensus is(Or the closest thing to it is :))).

Regarding the EU sets, I'm not sure what the MOQ is, but if it is 20 (waiting for IMSTO to confirm), then I doubt we'll hit that number for all the sets. It might be a better idea to have a base EU set, and then language addons. Just my two cents.

There can surely be errors and would encourage users to double-triple check the sets they want to order for correct legends. Making mockups for some 20+ sets, one can start to lose their mind :))

Arabic:
More

Russian (Cyrillic)  /  Ural (Image red legends are orange):
More

DESKO:
More

Desko Red:
More

Cherry Hangul:
More

Japanese (Which one is better Japanese text in red or black?):
More
More

Miami (Ukranian):
More

Tengwar:
More

US-Intl (Irish):
More

Cherry Black:
More

Cherry Blue:
More

Cherry Green:
More

Cherry Purple:
More

Cherry Red:
More

EU - Danish:
More

EU - French:
More

EU - German:
More

EU - Hungarian:
More

EU - Norwegian:
More

EU - Portuguese:
More

EU - Spanish:
More

EU - Swedish
More

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
Wow, italian wasn't taken even into consideration. I'm not really surprised though, I doubt it could reach even 10 orders.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff