Author Topic: Old school returning to the fray  (Read 1462 times)

Offline downtownHippie

Old school returning to the fray
« on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 21:26:57 »
Been away from the hobby for a few years but looking around again.  Thought I'd lead with a pic of my current keyboard family.

I'm an old school Solaris geek, retired (from IT) in downtown Houston.  This is my current home keyboard - a black, Sun layout, Unicomp bucking spring, with blue Vim arrows on brilliant white and black/grey modifiers, a Max8, G903, Drok volume knob and a NoNo v3 (cutest keyboard around, probably MX blacks).

That keyboard has a sibling - it's in pearl/pebble, with the pebble panic key and the same bottom row in pebble, just no Vim arrows - she's the retired workhorse.

There are more keyboard around here, more pics in the future

Offline jamster

Re: Old school returning to the fray
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 21:42:05 »
Hah, nice personal touches.

So you're using both a fill size and macro pads at the same time?

Offline funkmon

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 23:14:40 »
Nice! I have always wanted the Sun layout and spaced on it when I got my Ultra Classic from them a few days ago. I should have asked for it. Oh well! What'you use the macro pads for, my friend?

Offline downtownHippie

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 23:56:57 »
The NoNo has Home and blank at the moment for the 2 cherrys and ^- ^0 ^+ for the 3 buttons (those buttons really make that keyboard shine).  The Max has a Cntrl, Alt, and Shift, along with another Home (KiCAD); I'm left handed so the macro pad puts all the modifiers under my right hand as it's idly laying around picking my nose or something.

It just occurred to me I have 4 left for an inverted-t on the Max...hmmm...

I began using the Sun layout in '95; when the USB Type 6s came out I began collecting them...I have a handful.