geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

What other hobbies consume your time?

<< < (31/33) > >>

bigtunhakuna:
dreaming

noisyturtle:
been a little into crypto lately, fish biology,  and weird Japan exclusive PS1 games

phinix:
I'm back on photography, sold my old stuff an bought newer ones, used but you can get cameras in really good state used nowadays.
Like to do macro and some street photography.

Also back to play games, old one, retro like 80s-90s pc games :)

jamster:

--- Quote from: phinix on Fri, 18 March 2022, 04:44:34 ---I'm back on photography, sold my old stuff an bought newer ones, used but you can get cameras in really good state used nowadays.

--- End quote ---

Sigh, I would love to get back into active photography on a regular basis.

It used to be a major component of my other passions- climbing/hiking and travel. Having kids put a severe damper to the former, and Covid has brought the latter to a standstill. I bought a Fuji X100 for quick photography, and it's great, but for me it just doesn't substitute for the feeling of a full SLR/DSLR setup. I certainly don't miss film though- I tried going back to film about a decade ago and am happy that we're in a digital photography age.

phinix:

--- Quote from: jamster on Thu, 24 March 2022, 22:55:17 ---
--- Quote from: phinix on Fri, 18 March 2022, 04:44:34 ---I'm back on photography, sold my old stuff an bought newer ones, used but you can get cameras in really good state used nowadays.

--- End quote ---

Sigh, I would love to get back into active photography on a regular basis.

It used to be a major component of my other passions- climbing/hiking and travel. Having kids put a severe damper to the former, and Covid has brought the latter to a standstill. I bought a Fuji X100 for quick photography, and it's great, but for me it just doesn't substitute for the feeling of a full SLR/DSLR setup. I certainly don't miss film though- I tried going back to film about a decade ago and am happy that we're in a digital photography age.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, same here. I was ailways into photography, but only when was travelling, as locally never had good subjects to photograph.
I had different cameras in the past, from oldest Zenith TTL, through film Minoltas to m4/3, which I had for last 15 years.
Few months ago I bough my first full frame, Sony A7II - used, not the latest mark etc but it does all I wanted (apart from battery life).
Went through 4 different lens - I prefer primes, tried different one to see which one can be my one and only for family, travel, street.
Kept Sony 28/2. Few weeks ago I decided to pull the trigger on one lens that I've been reading about for years - manual one - Voigtlander Nokton 40mm 1.2.
This is something I need to practice, but it is really amazing lens, can't wait to use it on my trip to Paris in June.
Last lens is macro - 7artisans 60mm 2.8 - cause I always felt I like macro.
So this is my kit - sun came out lately in Scotland, so I'll be out taking photos.

On the other hand, I find myself very rarely coming back to photos folder and actually watch it all. That is why I sometimes feel like spending a lot of money on all that equipment was waste of money. But then, once I go out, or travel, I want to have good stuff with me to take opportinity and do all those photos I like - portraits, street, night photos/low light stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version