Discord       

* What's New?
02/11
Hibi artisan announced

02/04
GB starts. New mouse collab announced

More
9/11
Color voting results are in: White on Frankreichblau wins by a decisive 74%! 

9/6
Geekhack Community, got a lot of criticism on the alpha contrast for the first version
 and after digesting everyone's valuable comments and getting direct feedbackfrom some of the
 people here I have updated the colors and kits. Grateful for the feedback and the IC process
to iterate and improve my design I hope these new colors  better meet people's tastes.

* GMK Galaxy - Another space set ?

MoreThere are a few space sets that have been made before on GMK or KAT but I believe Galaxy is different enough to not be mistaken for those.
As this is my second attempt I wanted to try something different so I wanted to find a way to incorporate translucent keycaps to a set in a way
 that made sense (at least as option aesthetics kit). I am also a fan of dark sets and wanted to make a set that would be easy to match different
board colors.

GMK Galaxy is a set that tries to capture the blue/teal/grey/black spectrum of colors that we see in pictures of galaxies and adds a milky
translucent color to represents the clouds of gases and dust that you see in pictures of galaxies.

Based off feedback, I understand that translucent caps might not be for everyone and I will therefore have them as an optional based aesthetics kit.

I would like to thank Taylorisg of GMK Calcium for doing the hard work of reaching out to GMK to confirm that translucent caps are in the
realm of possibility. Without his work I probably would not have tried doing this.
* GMK Galaxy Colors *UPDATED*

Black: GMK CR
Dark Blue Grey: RAL 260 30 20 Frankreichblau 
White: GMK WS1

Colors in RGB

MoreColors in IRL (color calibrated as best as I could)

Comparison to similar sets

Feedback from GMK on what the translucent caps will look like

* GMK Galaxy Kits 

Base
Base that should support the overwhelming majority of popular boards. 60-75%, TKL, full size + general ISO support

Novelties 
Novelties are in GMK CR and WS1 so they will match all WoB bases!

Spacebars 
Regular spacebar support for most keyboards

Aesthetics
Based off feedback, translucent is now an optional separate kit. This makes better sense as now people who just
want translucent without getting the base can do so too

* GMK Galaxy Renders

Iron165 by Smith and Rune                                                                                                                              

Paragon                                                                                                                              

Iron180 by Smith and Rune                                                                                                                              

M65                                                                                                                              

Maja                                                                                                                              

* GMK Galaxy Desk Mats

Galazy                                                                                                                              

Blackhole                                                                                                                              

Stars And Planets                                                                                                                              

* GMK Galaxy Vendors + US pricing

├── US: Vala Supply                   ├── CA: DeskHero                  ├── SEA: ILUMKB
    ├── EU: Mykeyboard.eu              ├── OCE: DailyClack                   ├── CN: Zfrontier
    ├── KR: SWAGKEYS                   ├── UK: Prototypist                  ├── LATAM: Fancy Customs

GMK Galaxy US Pricing

Base - $135
Novelties - $49
Spacebars - $34
Aesthetics - $34

* GMK Galaxy Collaborations   

Cable with GCable
Here is the triple sleeved cable concept we have been working on the capture the colorful side of galaxy
pictures. We plan to offer this in a minimalistic straight cable (no coils) and paired with a dark blue cerakoted Lemo adapter

Enter key with KeeBee Render of the Brass Enter key with a dark rainbow PVD and Glow in the dark resin. I am personally very excited about this
keycap and Keebee really delivered finding supposedly the only vendor in the US that does this coating. Maybe this a first?

Backhole by THOK Render of the R1 artisan by Thok. 3D cap with Glow in the dark resin

Galaxy by Hibi Render of the R1 - 1U Anodised Aluminium with 4 Enamel fill

Custom Painted Logitech Superlight by Leonardodamouse  Upgraded with Kailh GM8.0 Switches and Tiger Ice Skates

* GMK Galaxy To DoMore renders
Desk Mats
Finalize kits
Annouce Vendors
Get Quotes from GMK
Announce Collaborations
Collab Designs

* GMK Galaxy Thank You

Credits:
Photo: Bryan Goff https://unsplash.com/photos/RF4p4rTM-2s
Translucent Renders + Iron boards: Nathan (you are amazing!)
Endless Feedback: nvh2092

Add This to Your Signature to Help Support GMK Galaxy!

--- Code: ---[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=114207.0][img width=320 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/lHLa1uP.png[/img][/url]
--- End code ---

* Contact
http://concepidea.com
/u/edwyn on Reddit
wyn#6723 on Discord
Join my new discord server for updates on GMK Galaxy, other keycap sets I am working on and other design/art projects I am working on (art/toy is next)
http://discord.conceptidea.com/

Changelog   
08/15/21
First publish
08/20/21
Color Overhaul
09/06/21
New Kits/Renders
09/08/21
Re-did Kits/Renders more accurate lighting
09/09/21
Alpha color poll conducted
09/11/21
Alpha color finalised and renders updated
10/07/21
cable prototype
10/21/21
wrist rest prototype
12/25/21
GB date, Vendors and New renders
01/17/22
US pricing and Keebee collab

ZavaZ86:
So which nike shoe are we doing copy right **** on this time?

whirlwind:
Take a few more months

The0rigina1:
Wow I hate how the transparent looks,
also your kitting is very not good, if you don't mind me saying so.

Fraaaan:
What's the point of the accent kits if you're already offering 2 base kits with different accents?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version