geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

What ya reading?

<< < (2/70) > >>

OfTheWild:
Currently reading:
A Thousand Acres - Smiley, Jane
Out of Sorts - Valognes, Aurélie
Caliban's War (Expanse, #2) - Corey, James S.A.
Mistborn: The Final Empire - Sanderson, Brandon
The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #3) - Wheeler, Jeff

I usually read about 5 books at a time. I tend to keep it to about 30-45 min per book just like you might watch TV shows. If something grabs my attention i might burn through it though like I did recently with the first book of The Expanse series.

I love my kindle. Partially because i can haul around my whole library in my pocket but honestly its mostly because i can read in bed while the wife's asleep and not disturb her. I also really love that "X minutes left in chapter" which keeps me reading. I have definitely started buying up used hardbacks on amazon though. Theres just something great about manually flipping paper pages.

ketsumi:
Just started again, "The Raven Boys" by Maggie Stiefvater. The fourth and final book is coming out later this spring so I'm re-reading the earlier ones. This will be my fourth time through this one and then on to "The Dream Thieves" and "Blue Lily, Lily Blue". They are amazing! YA fantasy, if you're in to that sort of thing. They are incredible works of story telling and full of snark. Definitely recommend them and anything she has written.

sek1ne:
Just finished the expanse series after watching the show. I'm not sure what to read next.

thatsmrdoctortoyou:
Just finished The Girl in the Spider's Web. Pretty good read although the ending left something to be desired.

If you haven't read the Lisbeth Salander series I recommend it!

romevi:
Reading volume 24 of The Walking Dead and one of the SoIaF books; I forget their titles.

Was reading new translation of Don Quixote but studies got in the way and haven't had a chance to get back to it. I have my master's in English literature, and yet I don't really read much these days. It makes me sad. ;_;

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version