Author Topic: Captain BadAss' Keycon Midwest 2015 Thread  (Read 128728 times)

Offline Seranite

• Doesn't know what's going on.
Re: Captain BadAss' Keycon Midwest 2015 Thread
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 13:02:09 »
Damn you guys posting your delicious food. I can't wait to move to Omaha, NE. They have good food there...r-right?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 13:07:52 »

Goodbye always sucks. See you all soon <3

Offline RavenII

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 13:26:05 »
Show Image

I agree, man...but till next time...Have a safe trip back home.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 14:46:48 »
Show Image

Safe travels CPT, until next time! :D
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 15:16:46 »
Fun fact : I'd rather sit in rush hour traffic in Chicago for the rest of my life then to get detoured through Gary, Indiana ever again

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 15:34:20 »
Fun fact : I'd rather sit in rush hour traffic in Chicago for the rest of my life then to get detoured through Gary, Indiana ever again

Jesus is real.

Right, demik?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #156 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 15:43:38 »
Oh man, there was a truck driver askreddit thread not too long, and you wouldn't believe how many said they try to avoid Gary like the plague, there were some super creepy stories about them traveling through there at night too.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #157 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 16:07:53 »

QFT

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 18:32:34 »

I guess growing up near Gary, you don't realize how much it signifies post-industrial rot to a drive-thru visitor. I'm quite comfortable with post-industrial rot, being a lifetime Midwesterner and all. To me, it represents the possibility for revival. Gary was always the butt of jokes growing up, but we understand how much it suffered from the globalization and automation of the steel industry. Many of my friends' parents grew up in Gary when it was a vibrant, diverse industrial city, and many family friends still work in the steel mills or associated industries. The current state of Gary is the price a city pays for basing their economic health in an industry subject to globalization or automation (which might be everything these days). When the city was booming, I'm sure nobody saw this coming.

Just like any low income area, there are plenty of respectable people living there. It's that deterioration and violence and depression and crime are a lot more common than the places we are accustomed to living.

And for the record, I'd rather drive through Gary than sit in rush hour traffic.  The Indiana Toll Road can be quite speedy.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 May 2015, 18:38:33 by prdlm2009 »
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #159 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 19:40:26 »
Got home a couple hours ago. Thanks for a glorious Keycon, all. So much good food and arcade ownage. :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #160 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 20:07:53 »

Finally home and reunited with my mailbox. I'll reply to all these posts and a wrap up soon

Offline Coconut

• otaku4lyfe
« Reply #161 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 20:24:42 »
Show Image

Finally home and reunited with my mailbox. I'll reply to all these posts and a wrap up soon

Welcome hoooomeee! \o/ whats in the mailbox :O

"a whole coconut is a strong coconut" -paicrai

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 20:44:43 »
Thanks Coconut. I got 1976 keycap set, a Rotting Out t-shirt, some cassette tapes, and some grown up boring stuff.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 21:36:37 »
Man I wish I had been with you guys.

If it's in Florida next year...
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 21:54:19 »

Soooo....funny story. There's a few GHers down there. And Orlando is a convention city so maybe it'd be easy to get a hotel/gathering space. Plus the real talk is that Universal Studios is building a Nintendo and Harry Potter world...

I'd love Keycon Orlando 2016 to be a real thing lol!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #165 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 21:55:53 »

Soooo....funny story. There's a few GHers down there. And Orlando is a convention city so maybe it'd be easy to get a hotel/gathering space. Plus the real talk is that Universal Studios is building a Nintendo and Harry Potter world...

I'll be road tripping down if it happens!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline apathy3cs

• Glorious Leader
  • その目だれの目?
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 22:06:09 »
....I almost don't want to ask why this happened. 

I have a feeling I'm going to hate driving down to Indy for GenCon now.

Offline apathy3cs

• Glorious Leader
  • その目だれの目?
« Reply #167 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 22:08:52 »

I'll be road tripping down if it happens!

I most likely would as well as I hate flying.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 22:12:52 »

Yeah that would be sweet.

I heard about the Nintendo/Universal deal, but I'd be surprised if they had everything up and running by next Keycon (especially if they are making a Nintendo "Land").

The Harry Potter worlds are already open though  :thumb:

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #169 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 09:24:14 »
....I almost don't want to ask why this happened. 

I have a feeling I'm going to hate driving down to Indy for GenCon now.

There was an accident that blocked all lanes on the highway so I decided to drive around the accident through Gary. Not sure which was the mistake: Not sitting in traffic or going through Gary.

I heard about the Nintendo/Universal deal, but I'd be surprised if they had everything up and running by next Keycon (especially if they are making a Nintendo "Land").

The Harry Potter worlds are already open though  :thumb:

Ok easy solution. We get into Disney World for free instead of Nintendo World. Then we bring a bunch of NES, SNES, and Nintendo consoles. Day time: Hit theme parks. Night time: Play video games. Sometime during the day? 1 hour for keyboarding :P.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #170 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 09:50:16 »
will there be a live stream? If so, what is the ETA on it? thanks!

There was no live stream this year.

#1) I don't know how the hotel internet was. I didn't stay there nor did I have time to check.
#2) It's not fair for the 3-4 people who have to try and keep it running. Instead of enjoying the 'Con, they end up trying to troubleshoot or keep the stream going. I think that the Instagram and threads like this were a decent substitute because at least they stayed up.

Just finished watching the photos. I love all those videos and photos in Instagram. Wish I was there!

Sweet! Super happy that someone watched them actually, I was in charge of most of the instagram but you can tell when hoffman posted on the instagram xD

The Instagram page was such a good idea! Really glad it happened. Now I'm looking forward to your and LastPilot's pictures!

Show Image

So people just sit there and surf Geekhack?
:)

"That looks like a cool keyboard over there across the room.  Someone PM me a picture"

Yup, we got some DJs to play while we sat around a room and surfed Geekhack. It was a glorious day ;).

It is natural to want to hold your head back like that. Don't. At least that is what my cousin's kids taught me, and they are 12 and 9 and know this real life ****.

You may want to invest in a selfie on a stick.

Are those little info cards on build, switches, caps, etc?

LOL thanks for that real life info absyrd. And yes those were little info cards. I had too many boards and took 40 minutes to setup so I just said **** it. But most other people had their info filled out :).

Show Image

Dinner at GMK Burgers. Peanut butter shake

Are you sure it should be GMK Burger and not DMK? :P

It was DMK but GMK sounded so much better :(

Show Image

Channeling my inner jcrouse

So you are quitting the game? Dibs on all your ****!

PS - Sorry for all my action in your thread. I'm just jealous I'm not there, and I want to live vicariously through you.

Don't be sorry, glad you enjoyed it. And yes, I will be cashing out soon. Please send me a blank check ;).

Dear Lastpilot and coconut, I miss you both dearly already :(

T_T Demmit I DONT WANNA GOOO
ILUANSON

edit:
I miss everyone ffffuu
you guys are so damn awesome

I both love and miss you too <3.

eugene get an avatar

Seriously geniekid, get on that.

Didn�t see any beer though. Too dry!

There may have been an unofficial afterparty ;).

And you claim I have no idea how much you can eat!!! Half your threads when you are out of town involve food.

That's just the pictures I remember to take though :P.

At the airport.  I left my heart at the doubletree, Vienna room, and separation anxiety is real.  Anson, be a bro and hook me up with a ride?

J/K about the ride to doubletree, but I do miss my fellow hackers.

NO MORE DRIVING :(

[WTB] Housing in FL 2016

Vesper is selling his apt LOL

Let's GB the apartment.

a continuation of the talk over pizza after keycon, comes a public service announcement:

Show Image

help prevent the spread of typing related conditions (finger chafing, keyboard contamination, finger dirtying when typing on a previously used keyboard, etc.)  Remember, safety first.

LMAO. I can't wait until apathy3cs comes through with the gloves for me to review. We'll never have shine issues again!!

Tetris domination by Hoff (AJH) and Hash (JKB). Only an order of magnitude to go to crack the top 6.

(Attachment Link)

The Van also made this score board.... lol

I wish I made that board. I was off my Tetris game that day :(.

Damn it man, I should have told you about Shawirma Inn...maybe for next time?....

Absolutely, I'll hit you up when I'm back in Chicago for foods :D.

Damn you guys posting your delicious food. I can't wait to move to Omaha, NE. They have good food there...r-right?

Sure, there's good food in most places if you look hard enough! But seriously, shoutouts to all you GHers who are closet foodies.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #171 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 09:51:55 »

will there be a live stream? If so, what is the ETA on it? thanks!

There was no live stream this year.

#1) I don't know how the hotel internet was. I didn't stay there nor did I have time to check.
#2) It's not fair for the 3-4 people who have to try and keep it running. Instead of enjoying the 'Con, they end up trying to troubleshoot or keep the stream going. I think that the Instagram and threads like this were a decent substitute because at least they stayed up.

Just finished watching the photos. I love all those videos and photos in Instagram. Wish I was there!

Sweet! Super happy that someone watched them actually, I was in charge of most of the instagram but you can tell when hoffman posted on the instagram xD

The Instagram page was such a good idea! Really glad it happened. Now I'm looking forward to your and LastPilot's pictures!

Show Image

So people just sit there and surf Geekhack?
:)

"That looks like a cool keyboard over there across the room.  Someone PM me a picture"

Yup, we got some DJs to play while we sat around a room and surfed Geekhack. It was a glorious day ;).

It is natural to want to hold your head back like that. Don't. At least that is what my cousin's kids taught me, and they are 12 and 9 and know this real life ****.

You may want to invest in a selfie on a stick.

Are those little info cards on build, switches, caps, etc?

LOL thanks for that real life info absyrd. And yes those were little info cards. I had too many boards and took 40 minutes to setup so I just said **** it. But most other people had their info filled out :).

Show Image

Dinner at GMK Burgers. Peanut butter shake

Are you sure it should be GMK Burger and not DMK? :P

It was DMK but GMK sounded so much better :(

Show Image

Channeling my inner jcrouse

So you are quitting the game? Dibs on all your ****!

PS - Sorry for all my action in your thread. I'm just jealous I'm not there, and I want to live vicariously through you.

Don't be sorry, glad you enjoyed it. And yes, I will be cashing out soon. Please send me a blank check ;).

Dear Lastpilot and coconut, I miss you both dearly already :(

T_T Demmit I DONT WANNA GOOO
ILUANSON

edit:
I miss everyone ffffuu
you guys are so damn awesome

I both love and miss you too <3.

eugene get an avatar

Seriously geniekid, get on that.

Didn�t see any beer though. Too dry!

There may have been an unofficial afterparty ;).

And you claim I have no idea how much you can eat!!! Half your threads when you are out of town involve food.

That's just the pictures I remember to take though :P.

At the airport.  I left my heart at the doubletree, Vienna room, and separation anxiety is real.  Anson, be a bro and hook me up with a ride?

J/K about the ride to doubletree, but I do miss my fellow hackers.

NO MORE DRIVING :(

[WTB] Housing in FL 2016

Vesper is selling his apt LOL

Let's GB the apartment.

a continuation of the talk over pizza after keycon, comes a public service announcement:

Show Image

help prevent the spread of typing related conditions (finger chafing, keyboard contamination, finger dirtying when typing on a previously used keyboard, etc.)  Remember, safety first.

LMAO. I can't wait until apathy3cs comes through with the gloves for me to review. We'll never have shine issues again!!

Tetris domination by Hoff (AJH) and Hash (JKB). Only an order of magnitude to go to crack the top 6.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

The Van also made this score board.... lol

I wish I made that board. I was off my Tetris game that day :(.

Damn it man, I should have told you about Shawirma Inn...maybe for next time?....

Absolutely, I'll hit you up when I'm back in Chicago for foods :D.

Sure, there's good food in most places if you look hard enough! But seriously, shoutouts to all you GHers who are closet foodies.
I agree! I enjoyed the Instagram posts a lot!

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 11:37:29 »
Make sure not to screw up that Vesper apt GB, he is strapped!

Looks like a lot of fun was had by all.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #173 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 16:11:14 »

Show Image

what kb is this? looks like a phantom PCB in a QFR case.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #174 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 16:32:31 »
Shoutouts for Keycon Midwest 2015:

Nissan for making this comfy ass Altima. I spent a lot of time in my chariot and this was the soundtrack. Why this playlist? I was missing Dipset in Columbus (and 3LAU in Cleveland and Judas Priest in Cincinnati...good thing ya'll are worth it) to be at Keycon. Please bump this at high volume while you read this post:

If you rode with me, you might recognize these tunes.

So first and foremost, shoutouts to Joey Quinn and his family for housing us and giving us a place to chill! The homebase and being able to come in and out at will was definitely awesome.

Second, shoutouts to @alexescapedfate and Nexus And Aztro for the DJ session at Keycon. The set was fire and thanks for the Flosstradamus and Snoop <3. If you want to know what Keycon sounded like get ready for the ride. The random fills like the Teen Sprit riff had me cheesin. I know ya’ll seemed a bit outta place but I’m glad you guys came through and had a good time. Check ‘em out here.

i3oilermaker for organizing to shindig and always coming out with a new project at every Keycon. You have the exact business model I’d follow: “That **** is cool, let me grab 1000 to try and sell”.

Apathy3cs for being our Glorious Leader in the best, fastest, and tastiest GB experienced by Geekhackers. Giordano’s pizza was just as good as I remembered it being! Pita Inn is seared into my memory and I will definitely have to hit that up next time I’m in the area. And ProGear was stupid fun; really glad I got to check out a bullethell game and have someone walk me through it!

HoffmanMyster for being my sidekick at the last few meetups and for always being down for whatever. Thanks for trusting me to not burn your face off when we order food and confusing me when we have conversations. From game chasing to candy chasing, you’re always there <3.

RavenII for teaching me something new. I love learning new things and at Keycon, I learned about Dynamat. It’s apparently the Rolls Royce in sound dampening material. If you wanna ball hard, apparently you use this instead of drawer liner. Really enjoyed our chats about video games and lowriders. One day you’ll be hitting those switches again.

Hwood34’s shirt was fire. The Acacia Strain is always a good thing. I was bumping them in the 5 PM traffic on the way into Chicago. Sorry your dinner got cut short but it was fun chilling with you all day. We’ll get a Dillinger Escape car ride one day!

Geniekid for bringing out the custom heat. Loved your keyboards and I wish I got to hang out with you more. Looking forward to your next project!

Alexiss and Melvang for always being cool people. They were patient enough to wait for us to come downtown and hung out with us at Millenium Park and the HQ Beercade. I’m gonna find you that 2600 and Dig Dug Melvang. Really hoping I can make it out in September.

Unoab for the chats about everything at nothing at dinner.  Audiophile snakeoil is hilarious and your typing gloves are so on point!

Evangs I’m sorry I ****ed up your presentation. Every meetup there’s always a custom or customs that blow me away. At the meetup at Hoff’s house, I was so into Joey Quinn’s MA42. This time, I loved your TheVan44 and the boards that geniekid brought. Thanks for the presentation and the hilarious story.

Booper for surprising me with that intense hug at our goodbye in Galloping Ghosts. And for playing with me Metal Slug and Raystorm there. The veggie pizza was the best pizza and I can’t wait to have more vegetarian meals with you! And thank you for not freaking out on the L. All things considered, you handled it pretty well!

Hashbaz for driving us around on Sunday when I was super tired of driving, taking a gamble on our meal at Ming Hin, and bringing that chill Bay Area vibe to the Midwest. I miss that vibe so much. I’ll be back to SF one day.

Jdcarpe for being my wingman all Friday as I drove all over Chicago very very poorly. And for laser engraving me the sickest JD40 plate.

Coconut for teaching me who is really boss when you’re around her….and for teaching me how to properly Instagram. You’re a ton of fun and your laugh makes me happy. Next time we hang out you should take less naps!

LastPilot for buying me ice cream cakes from Mitsuwa and introducing me to the legendary power stance used in typing and arcades. I will always play Tetris cabinets like you do. Glad we finally got to meet in person bro. It felt so natural hanging out with you. Hopefully we get to catch up soon.

bluehairedpete for coming to thank me for my JD40 build log. I was really touched by that. Your build is better than mine! You actually got the USB plug on!

Haata for always being my backup in presentations. I can never give a ****ty presentation because Haata is always there to help me out. I never counted all the Alps mount switch types but Haata knew off the top of his head there were 43. Wild. Can’t wait to see what Input Club comes up with and I’m stoked for your upcoming trip pictures!

Lekashman for telling the best stories ever. “What are your parents…Soviet defectors? YES” I’m looking forward to your sandwich book and I’m going to grab an address in NZ soon :P.

Kunal from Massdrop for being a generally chill dude. Seems like Massdrop’s keyboard buys will continue being in good hands with Kunal and I’m stoked you were into my fountain pens. Can’t wait to get out to the Bay Area to tour Massdrop and go pen chasing with you!

ImpendingxDoom for taking my lame sneakerhead talk in stride. I spend way too much time talking about SBs and not enough time checking out your custom caps. Very sorry about that bro but I’m still proud of my zinger. DSA caps are to keycaps as Jordans are to sneakers. Photograph great but feel like ****. Your caps looked great in your thread and I can’t wait to see what else you come up with.

Binge for bringing the space bear mold and giving the great talk on how his caps are made. You’re always a fun dude to chill with but I always forget just how much time you’ve spent making Legos. One day you might make some cool caps too ;).

Rhinofeed / nathaniel_h for being enthusiastic about reviews. I love reviews and I’m super happy you took me up on the Nixeus board. Looking forward to seeing what you turn out. Wish we had more time to chat but there’s always next time!

Adam for being way into PCB design and programming keyboards. Really stoked when people get into the really really technical maker side of keyboards. Hope you get to talk to Haata and join the Input Club. Looking forward to that MA42 buy!

obra for bringing a crazy idea to reality. I've been lurking around your keyboardio project for ages and even though I like the heart better than the butterfly, I cannot wait to see your board come to fruition. I can't imagine your company failing with such a good design, such a good board, and such nice people associated. I still never did get coffee with you so next time I'm in SF we'll have to make that happen!

If I left you out, please don’t think poorly of me. I met a lot of people and did a ton of stuff over the weekend! Like Dipset, I really mean it. This may have been my favorite GH meetup so far. Lots of chill sessions, sight seeing, closet foodies showing us good food, adventures, and video-game playing. And I guess the keyboards were pretty cool too.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 May 2015, 20:41:55 by CPTBadAss »

Offline dante

« Reply #175 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 16:34:14 »
Nissan for making this comfy ass Altima.

How did you like the CVT transmission?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #176 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 16:36:20 »
Nissan for making this comfy ass Altima.

How did you like the CVT transmission?

Put like 15k miles on it so far? I really like it. I never used the tiptronic gearing or anything but it's a damn good car.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #177 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 16:37:14 »
"Work" got me through high school, college, and the beginning of my career. Every. Single. Morning.

(along with the rest of that album)

I have no tattoos, but if I ever did get one, it'd be a Gang Starr emblem.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 May 2015, 16:39:29 by absyrd »
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #178 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 16:39:44 »

Show Image

You are right.  unoab showed up late so not that many pictures were taken of this keyboard but if you could see the other side of it you would see a big "CMSTORM" logo.  From what I can recall I believe he said shears and a dremel were involved in modifying the QFR case.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #179 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 16:40:35 »
"Work" got me through high school, college, and the beginning of my career. Every. Single. Morning.

(along with the rest of that album)

I have no tattoos, but if I ever did get one, it'd be a Gang Starr emblem.

Let's get inked together by ApocalypseMeow.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #180 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 16:55:14 »
And thank you for not freaking out on the L. All things considered, you handled it pretty well!

* HoffmanMyster shudders in agreement

Great way to summarize the weekend, CBA.  :D  Couldn't have asked for a better time (except if everyone reading this was there ;) ).  You people are the best.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #181 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 16:56:29 »
Great way to summarize the weekend, CBA.  :D  Couldn't have asked for a better time (except if everyone reading this was there ;) ).  You people are the best.

Luh you too bae. But we should've gone game chasing :P. I guess Galloping Ghosts and HQ Beercade will do though.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #182 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 16:58:00 »
Second, shoutouts to @alexescapedfate and Nexus And Aztro for the DJ session at Keycon. The set was fire and thanks for the Flosstradamus and Snoop <3. If you want to know what Keycon sounded like get ready for the ride. The random fills like the Teen Sprit riff had me cheesin. I know ya’ll seemed a bit outta place but I’m glad you guys came through and had a good time. Check ‘em out here.

Legit spinning.  :thumb: 

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #183 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 16:58:11 »

Luh you too bae. But we should've gone game chasing :P. I guess Galloping Ghosts and HQ Beercade will do though.

* HoffmanMyster's wallet thanks you for not tempting it too much

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #184 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 17:22:52 »
I waiting for Keycon Seattle, Don't let me down!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #185 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 17:24:30 »

Looking forward to that MA42 buy!

I think you'll be surprised by the plans for this.  :cool:
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #186 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 17:25:37 »

I'm getting one for free and the case is going to be pink anodized milled aluminum? That would certainly surprise me :P

I waiting for Keycon Seattle, Don't let me down!

It's not up to me :(.

Offline Coconut

• otaku4lyfe
« Reply #187 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 17:25:52 »
THE FEELS
HNGGGG
it was only 1 nap Q__Q!!
and lets hang soon breh  :D

edit: i added the word 'and' lol
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 May 2015, 17:27:49 by Coconut »

"a whole coconut is a strong coconut" -paicrai

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #188 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 17:27:36 »

I'm getting one for free and the case is going to be pink anodized milled aluminum? That would certainly surprise me :P

Milled pink Ti actually, only the best for ma bae  :-*

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #189 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 17:42:15 »

I'm waiting for Keycon Seattle, Don't let me down!

It's not up to me :(.
Who do I need to bribe to make this happen!?  :p

Nothing cool happen on the west coast that is keyboard related.  :'(

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #190 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 17:59:44 »

Show Image

You are right.  unoab showed up late so not that many pictures were taken of this keyboard but if you could see the other side of it you would see a big "CMSTORM" logo.  From what I can recall I believe he said shears and a dremel were involved in modifying the QFR case.
Thanks, that's a great KB. He'd also have to mod the plate. The case mod looked so clean it looks stock. I've wanted to see what that mod looks like for a while, and now that I see it, I don't have to do it myself :p

I just need to decide if I will nod my skeldon top case or not.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #191 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 18:06:47 »

Except for Keycon West, last year ...  :rolleyes:

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 18:37:22 »

*Oblivious*

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #193 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 18:38:53 »

And the Seattle Meetup...and the monthly SF meetups.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #194 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 18:39:51 »
THE FEELS
HNGGGG
it was only 1 nap Q__Q!!
and lets hang soon breh  :D

edit: i added the word 'and' lol

You missed dinner with us!!!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #195 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 18:55:19 »
Man, so sad I missed this. I will not, will not miss the next one!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 19:47:42 »

And the Seattle Meetup...and the monthly SF meetups.

And there is a Portland group that has met a few times.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline apathy3cs

• Glorious Leader
  • その目だれの目?
« Reply #197 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 20:35:00 »

Show Image

I'm going to have to keep reminding her or go for one of my two alternate contacts for this if she doesn't try to find them.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #198 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 20:38:58 »
Man, so sad I missed this. I will not, will not miss the next one!

This was my reaction to the OG Keycon two years ago, which I missed. Very happy that I made the trip out this time around. :D

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #199 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 20:43:09 »
More

Show Image

I'm going to have to keep reminding her or go for one of my two alternate contacts for this if she doesn't try to find them.

That'd be ideal but I would settle for framing gloves :)).