Poll

Let's vote on an option...

Option 1
Option 2
Option 3

Author Topic: [IC] SA Berserk by Maxkey - Intl. GB active!  (Read 74505 times)

Re: [IC] SA Berserk by Maxkey - Soft-locked kit as of 20170815
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 08:47:24 »
Lance of Longinus. Novelity of return key.
Show Image

Isn't it the knife shinji uses?

The current backspace novelty is the progressive knife the EVA's use. The Lance of Longinus is an ancient alien artifact made for god killing. I actually love this novelty idea because it plays a big role in End of Evangelion with Unit 02 but the kit is softlockdd and idk if thesiscamper can change it.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 08:52:57 »
Show Image

I already tried to use that for Troubled Minds, I can't make it look good with the size and the limitation of the tooling.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline spkmic

« Reply #202 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 09:31:58 »
Show Image

I already tried to use that for Troubled Minds, I can't make it look good with the size and the limitation of the tooling.

There is no need to express the whole of Longinus. I think the front part of it is enough. Currently the enter key does not have a novelty. And it's the third longest key on the keyboard.

« Last Edit: Fri, 22 September 2017, 09:39:29 by spkmic »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #203 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 09:49:54 »
Show Image

There is no need to express the whole of Longinus. I think the front part of it is enough. Currently the enter key does not have a novelty. And it's the third longest key on the keyboard.

Show Image

I know, and I didn't like what I made. It cannot be added now anyway.

edit:
attached is what I've made, 2 years ago. I didn't like that it's only the end, and it cannot be added now.

178809-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 September 2017, 09:56:26 by thesiscamper »

Offline Madao

« Reply #204 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 21:06:36 »

So still no response from maxkeys so far, huh...

Hopefully they come back to you soon.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #205 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 21:14:54 »

So still no response from maxkeys so far, huh...

Hopefully they come back to you soon.
I was told to expect color samples to be produced within a week.

Offline hndle

« Reply #206 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 12:04:07 »
Any updates? :)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #207 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 18:40:49 »
The updates are slow, and the last one I got was "still in progress". I can't wait to launch this set too, but it's up to Maxkey.

I apologize for the wait and inaccurate schedule announcements, I will try to get correct info soon.

Offline Madao

« Reply #208 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 07:54:07 »
The updates are slow, and the last one I got was "still in progress". I can't wait to launch this set too, but it's up to Maxkey.

I apologize for the wait and inaccurate schedule announcements, I will try to get correct info soon.

No biggy man.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #209 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 08:43:07 »
So I was told it's in tooling stage, and will probably in production by mid-October.

Offline hndle

« Reply #210 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 13:34:53 »
So I was told it's in tooling stage, and will probably in production by mid-October.

Thank you! I'll definitely buy it.

Offline Awful Aim

« Reply #211 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 10:27:46 »
I made an account just to watch this thread. Troubled Minds is my favorite keyset and this just might replace it. You're doing great work thesiscamper.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #212 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 21:16:42 »

Are they producing it before the GB starts then running a fcfs type thing through them or are we actually going to get a GB for this? Kind of confused as to what you meant.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #213 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 21:19:09 »

Are they producing it before the GB starts then running a fcfs type thing through them or are we actually going to get a GB for this? Kind of confused as to what you meant.
Initially I was told it was going to be produced first, now it's gb-style.

« Reply #214 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 20:35:29 »
Any idea when this will start?

Offline Tree_

« Reply #215 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 00:33:56 »
Please be soon. I've been holding out on other sets for this and it's leaving my KBD75 naked for longer.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #216 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 01:14:44 »
Novelty molds have been finalized, they had some trouble with a couple of designs but they already fixed them. Currently color proofing, red is from Ashen accents, yellow is updated to a brighter 7549C (from 7563C), and white. I'm waiting for more updates for red and white.

Offline LiQuiDs

« Reply #217 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 16:33:56 »
Novelty molds have been finalized, they had some trouble with a couple of designs but they already fixed them. Currently color proofing, red is from Ashen accents, yellow is updated to a brighter 7549C (from 7563C), and white. I'm waiting for more updates for red and white.

please show us final design of keycaps!  :p ;) :thumb:
Great art is an instant arrested in eternity.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #218 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 06:34:18 »

White has been changed, I realized WCK is too off-white. I asked for similar to SP's WFK for the white mod base, 187C for the red alphas base (should be similar to Ashen's accent) and 7549C for the yellow accents.

Here's a photo of sample caps from the finished molds, and the yellow cap sample.

Novelties:

Yellow Accent Color:

« Last Edit: Mon, 06 November 2017, 06:45:09 by thesiscamper »

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #219 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 19:17:31 »
black red and white would have been fire.. That yellow though... I dont know if  I can be excited for this ..waiting to see final product. Just whish alphas would have been red and white option rather than red and yellow .

Offline LiQuiDs

« Reply #220 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 22:48:26 »

White has been changed, I realized WCK is too off-white. I asked for similar to SP's WFK for the white mod base, 187C for the red alphas base (should be similar to Ashen's accent) and 7549C for the yellow accents.

Here's a photo of sample caps from the finished molds, and the yellow cap sample.

Novelties:
Show Image

Yellow Accent Color:
Show Image

Black novelties??

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #221 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 22:49:31 »

please show us final design of keycaps!  ;) :thumb:

Novelties:
Show Image

Yellow Accent Color:
Show Image

Black novelties??
No, those are samples to test the molds.

Offline LiQuiDs

« Reply #222 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 00:37:52 »

Novelties:
Show Image

Yellow Accent Color:
Show Image

Black novelties??

I see!
I hope GB soon!! i waiting over 3month now  ;) ;D

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #223 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 00:44:28 »

Novelties:
Show Image

Yellow Accent Color:
Show Image

Black novelties??

I see!
I hope GB soon!! i waiting over 3month now  ;) ;D
Lol, indeed.

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #224 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 10:49:57 »
So, will there be a GB, or will it be more of a stock sale?

Also, (don't know if this classified or not, but eh) did you pay up front for the mold fees?

Thanks. :)

« Reply #225 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 19:05:51 »
This may not be the right place to ask, but I'll ask anyways since this would be the perfect set for this: Would it be possible for Maxkeys to make an ortholinear modifier set alongside the base set? I saw a thread* on reddit a couple weeks ago about this exact topic, but haven't seen any updates so far. I would absolutely love to see some more SA sets for ortho users, and it seems like there's definitely some interest.

*https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/73ts8k/icish_maxkey_sa_ortho/

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #226 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 05:20:33 »
This may not be the right place to ask, but I'll ask anyways since this would be the perfect set for this: Would it be possible for Maxkeys to make an ortholinear modifier set alongside the base set? I saw a thread* on reddit a couple weeks ago about this exact topic, but haven't seen any updates so far. I would absolutely love to see some more SA sets for ortho users, and it seems like there's definitely some interest.

*https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/73ts8k/icish_maxkey_sa_ortho/

Are the key sizes/profiles ones that already exist for maxkeys? Like are there already keys in the right shape with the wrong legend.

Getting legends changed would conceivably be doable, but custom molds likely costs orders of magnitudes more than legend plates. Same reason there is no iso support. Wherever maxkeys got their molds, they didn't include an iso mold, so someone would have to actually get one made. Legend plates are just a small part of the mold, the expensive part is the rest of the mold, and that part would need to be created for any mold (for example if you wanted a R2 1.25u key, that would be a custom mold, same with an iso enter, etc etc etc). Anything that isn't already in the base kit would likely encounter this problem.

So as long as you just need 1 u keys, it's likely "doable", now if there is enough interest, who knows. The real issue is that's 15 new legends for a very small subset of people. I imagine moq would be hard or the price would be very high.

« Reply #227 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 14:32:28 »
Yeah Amnesia you're right, it would just be legends for at least 15 different keys (14x 1u, 1x 2u - excluding any potential extras/novelties), so it shouldn't be a big hurdle for Maxkeys, but like you said it's more a question of interest. I've been considering lately posting another thread on r/mk alongside a strawpoll just to see if this would be worth pursuing for this set or any future Maxkeys sets. Of course as far as this specific set is concerned though all comes down to thesiscamper's personal interest, but I just wanted to throw the idea out there and get a bit of input. This would definitely be my #1 choice right now though for an SA ortho set.  :thumb:

EDIT: I was also going to mention that if the ortho mod kit doesn't happen for this set, I'd still probably end up buying it anyways and dealing with a few incorrect legends. Wouldn't be a huge dealbreaker for me personally but obviously having an accurate set would be really nice.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 November 2017, 14:36:39 by GoldSilverBronzen »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #228 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 08:05:02 »
...Of course as far as this specific set is concerned though all comes down to thesiscamper's personal interest...

It doesn't really depend on me, but on what most people are willing to pay for. If I can have my way it will have kits to support most layouts, but we have to balance compatibility with price. I do hope Maxkey will be able to add these non-standard caps in the future, but at the moment it's just not viable, and I apologize. If this becomes successful I will try to discuss compatibility with them.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #229 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 01:07:19 »
Got the samples, and these are the colors that will be used.

Edit:
Colors are not this dull IRL, just really excited to finally see the novelties and colors. Will try to take better photos next time.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 November 2017, 01:12:13 by thesiscamper »

Offline maybebabe

« Reply #230 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 01:48:58 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Edit:
Colors are not this dull IRL, just really excited to finally see the novelties and colors. Will try to take better photos next time.
Thanks for updating.
Hope GB will start before this year end.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 LG-H870DS 發送

« Last Edit: Tue, 14 November 2017, 01:55:19 by maybebabe »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #231 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 01:51:31 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Edit:
Thanks for updating.
But the color looks more like yellow, not orange.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 LG-H870DS 發送
The yellow in the third photo is closer to the actual cap, I will update with better photos.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #232 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 08:44:10 »
Here are photos with more accurate colors (on my monitor at least).

« Last Edit: Tue, 14 November 2017, 16:02:43 by thesiscamper »

Offline LiQuiDs

« Reply #233 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 15:39:47 »
Here are photos with the colors more accurate (on my monitor at least).

Show Image

wow! nice color !  :thumb:
so when you start GB?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 16:03:26 »

Show Image

so when you start GB?
Maxkey said end of this month.

Offline LiQuiDs

« Reply #235 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 17:03:51 »

Show Image

so when you start GB?

Nice!!

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #236 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 01:46:37 »

Show Image

so when you start GB?

Nice! Okay time to lock down some funds/sell some **** to make sure I’m ready for this

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #237 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 16:10:06 »
Totally interested in this
Keycap Compendium

Discord: Vloshko#1327

Key Cap Wishlist

2019: Configure Optimal Audio Settings

HHKB Pro 2, Model M, Unicorn X Legend, ESPECTRO 96, SaiB CP, E8-V1.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
Re: [IC] SA Berserk by Maxkey - Locked kits as of 20171117
« Reply #238 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 08:55:31 »
Hi guys, the international group buy is active now at https://kono.store/products/maxkey-berserk-sa-keycap-set-group-buy

:cool:

Also, the awesome guys at Input Club is doing a giveaway: http://woobox.com/syko3d  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 November 2017, 08:57:10 by thesiscamper »

Offline maybebabe

Re: [IC] SA Berserk by Maxkey - Locked kits as of 20171117
« Reply #239 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 10:16:35 »
Hi guys, the international group buy is active now at https://kono.store/products/maxkey-berserk-sa-keycap-set-group-buy

Also, the awesome guys at Input Club is doing a giveaway: http://woobox.com/syko3d  :thumb:

Great!!
Is group buy only at Kono store?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
Re: [IC] SA Berserk by Maxkey - Intl. GB active!
« Reply #240 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 10:17:59 »

Great!!
There will be a Taobao page, I don't have the details yet.

Offline luismonterieart

• https://miluxkey.com
« Reply #241 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 10:24:09 »
These look great. Super interested  :thumb:
Explore our world at

· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MiluxKey

Offline maybebabe

« Reply #242 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 10:24:57 »

Great!!

Nice, then I will buy it from Taobao page, it will help me saving some shipping fee.
But I didn't find the page yet, if you have any information, can you update on here?
thanks!

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #243 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 10:26:00 »

Great!!

Nice, then I will buy it from Taobao page, it will help me saving some shipping fee.
But I didn't find the page yet, if you have any information, can you update on here?
thanks!
No info yet, I think they will launch it next month but I'm not sure.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #244 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 10:58:36 »
Please move discussion to a proper GB thread to eliminate any confusion.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #245 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 21:34:29 »
Please move discussion to a proper GB thread to eliminate any confusion.
Alright, just waiting for approval of the GB thread now.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #246 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 22:37:20 »